ESC: Brushless 45A
Servo: 7x 9g

Features
Durable and lightweight
Precision aerobatics performances
State of the art aircraft designs
ARF version

Needed to complete
Lipo Charger and battery (recommended 14.8V 2200mAh-3000mAh 25C LiPo)
5 Channel Transmitter and Receiver
Assembly of plane

Mine will be here next Tues. I will post pics when it arrives.
jonnyspeed is offline Find More Posts by jonnyspeed
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:08 PM
North Royalton, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
397 Posts
Props to NitroPlanes for getting a new hatch out to me promptly.

Just finished the assembly. I'm going to try to be nice... The plane is pretty because the full size plane is pretty. I hope it holds together because putting it together was a pain in the butt. I don't like the control horns. Their screws are way too long and have to be trimmed off. The pushrods are kind of skinny IMHO. The pre-drilled holes in the servo arms are too big for the pushrods making sloppy connections. The wing tubes needed sanding so the wings would fit together. There is still a big gap between the wing halves. You are never going to want to take the wings off because the 4 screws take FOREVER to get aligned and screwed into the blind nuts. I hate this setup. Same on the tail feathers. I am not a fan. There are little foam covers that go over the landing gear, but it doesn't mention how to adhere them. I used expoy and I hope it holds. Lastly, there is a pull-pull wire that is supposed to connect the rudder and tail wheel. The problem is that there is no control horn for the tail wheel included. I am going to just let it free wheel like an F-4u. Oh, and the "instructions" consit of 19 tiny photos and 19 short sentences. Pretty useless.

We shall see how well it flys. It was inexpensive and if it stays together for a season or two then I suppose I would consider it a success. I have to admit that I really prefer balsa or composite planes. I do like the E-Flite foamies and in my opinion they are on a whole other level than this kit. The Midget Mustang is one of my favorite planes so I had to give this one a shot.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 08:58 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,680 Posts
good luck with the maiden . i hope she flies as good as she looks. if you can post a video. im thinking of getting one of these,
cheers
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:03 PM
North Royalton, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
397 Posts
AeroSky Midget Mustang RC Plane (6 min 46 sec)
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:22 PM
NORDPAC S3
United States, OR, Estacada
Joined Jan 2009
1,063 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on this Midget Mustang in red. Looks like a winner.

Mfpage
mfpage is offline Find More Posts by mfpage
Old May 11, 2012, 10:11 AM
NORDPAC S3
Joined Jan 2009
1,063 Posts
My MM arrived while I was on vacation. Looks like a real beauty. Packaged well and only one visible problem. The pilot was dislodged and free floating in the cockpit. Looks like he was glued to the base of the cockpit while the paint was still wet.

Now I just need to find some time for the build.

Mfpage
Old May 11, 2012, 10:58 AM
North Royalton, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
397 Posts
For sale

Anyone in the Cleveland area want to buy mine? I can't get it in my car with the wings on, and the wing bolts are WAY too frustrating to take the wings on and off. It takes about 10 minutes of screwing with them to get them to go into place. Too much hassle for me. Oh well.
Old May 19, 2012, 02:07 PM
OCD RC Freak
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Aug 2011
213 Posts
Anyone else have one of these?? There are no reviews out there yet but thinking about buying myself one for my birthday! Any videos would be great too!!
chuckman49 is offline Find More Posts by chuckman49
Old May 20, 2012, 03:53 PM
NORDPAC S3
Joined Jan 2009
1,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckman49 View Post
Anyone else have one of these?? There are no reviews out there yet but thinking about buying myself one for my birthday! Any videos would be great too!!
The MM was a relatively easy build. I completed mine over a week ago, but after troubleshooting found the ESC is bad from the factory. Sent Nitroplanes an email last Sunday and as of now I have no response. Very disappointing customer service. Going to send them another email today.

Not fond of the "pull-pull' tail wheel system, but I made an easy mod my using two springs from True Value Hardware instead of the wire & tube system. C-51 spring set. 1/8 x 1 7/8 x .014. Just had to drill two holes to the next size larger.

The springs on the tail wheel work great on the ground, but since the ESC is bad I cannot flight test the system.

Mfpage
Last edited by mfpage; May 20, 2012 at 03:54 PM. Reason: ..
Old May 20, 2012, 11:00 PM
OCD RC Freak
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Aug 2011
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfpage View Post
The MM was a relatively easy build. I completed mine over a week ago, but after troubleshooting found the ESC is bad from the factory. Sent Nitroplanes an email last Sunday and as of now I have no response. Very disappointing customer service. Going to send them another email today.

Not fond of the "pull-pull' tail wheel system, but I made an easy mod my using two springs from True Value Hardware instead of the wire & tube system. C-51 spring set. 1/8 x 1 7/8 x .014. Just had to drill two holes to the next size larger.

The springs on the tail wheel work great on the ground, but since the ESC is bad I cannot flight test the system.

Mfpage
That friggin SUCKS!! Sorry to hear that. I've had very good service from NP and have ordered 2 planes from them, the Airfield 182 Sky Trainer and the Dynam A-10. Been flying the A-10 alot and after a few upgrades to the wheels and installing flaps, am really loving that plane! My birthday is in a couple of months and was looking at getting a P-51 as my first warbird with retracts. I'm just not sold on the idea yet... Then I saw the video for this one and my eyes literally popped out of my head. This is so...... ME! I like to go fast and do some basic aerobatics (don't know how to do much in the aerobatics dept). Keep me informed and let me know how it goes...

---Chuck
chuckman49 is offline Find More Posts by chuckman49
Old Jun 01, 2012, 07:52 PM
NORDPAC S3
Joined Jan 2009
1,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfpage View Post

Mfpage
Just an update on my ESC/Nitroplanes problem. After two emails "no replies" from Nitroplanes concerning my ESC problem I filed a "dispute" with Paypal. Nitroplanes gave me what I asked for in the dispute which was the cost of another ESC.

Nitroplanes customer service was non-existent in this case.

Mfpage
Old Jun 07, 2012, 10:39 PM
dillon, mt
Joined Jun 2007
58 Posts
no hard landings with this bird, it will push the landing gear through the wing. fixable but kinda ugly. flys nice, but you gotta land it sometime.
nickbob47 is offline Find More Posts by nickbob47
Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:29 PM
United States, NY, Manhasset
Joined Jul 2011
418 Posts
How does it fly?

I was considering this plane or perhaps an FMS 1430 Corsair. Any news on the flight characteristics? Thank you. Chris
ChrisNYPilot is offline Find More Posts by ChrisNYPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Sport Cub
Old Jun 30, 2012, 04:37 PM
NORDPAC S3
Joined Jan 2009
1,063 Posts
Ready to Rumble

My new Turnigy TRUST 55amp SBEC ESC arrived that replaces the bad ESC I received from Nitroplanes..

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12190

Installed and it runs perfectly.

The watt meter readings with stock setup except for the new ESC and 2650 25-50C 4S nano-tech Lipo are:

590 watts
45 amps

Weather looks good for a Monday maiden.

Mfpage