Old Apr 12, 2012, 01:22 PM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
1,990 Posts
Discussion
Hobbyking Durafly Telemicro

Just saw this on the HK website in the new items section:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...20mm_PNF_.html

Looks like fun! Who's going to be the first to get one and test it for us?
Firehawk989 is online now Find More Posts by Firehawk989
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:21 AM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
916 Posts
Looks interesting but they don't seem to specify the type of foam. Been burned too many times before being an early purchaser. I have no problem waiting for the reviews. Awaiting yours.

gb
gentle ben is offline Find More Posts by gentle ben
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:20 AM
Low'n Slow is safest, right?
Norge, stfold, Fredrikstad
Joined Jun 2011
553 Posts
I have one - maidened it yesterday
Arrived in Norway in perfect condition. Nice smooth shiny finish on the foam aswell
Minimal assembly - glue on main wing, cut out and attach leading edge extensions (I taped them on, do not want to have them permanently fixed - it flies nice & slow without them as well...), install receiver and battery, bind & fly.

CG at recommended spot with a 180mAh Zippy in the designated spot, needed just a couple of clicks down elevator to get it to fly. More than enough power, almost as fast as the other Durafl micros and exellent vertical performance. The long legs, relatively big wheels and gentle stall characteristics/slow speed handling make landings a piece of cake, even on gravel...

I had a close call on my first flight. Placed the TM on the ground "armed and ready", then I turned around and kneeled down to put away some batteries 'n stuff I had in my hand and bumped the trottle up to half power inadvertently

Heard a buzz, and when I looked behind me, the TM was already a couple of feet up in the air... I still had some stuff in my right hand so I struggeled to get hold of the stick, but the TM was so gentle in the air that I just throtteled down with my free hand, and had more than enough time to get rid of the stuff in my right hand to gain control

Did four 5-minute flights (and then it began to snow) and enjoyed every minute

Greetings from Norway,
Kai W-E
KaiWE is offline Find More Posts by KaiWE
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:10 PM
3D wing innovator
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiWE View Post
Arrived in Norway in perfect condition. Nice smooth shiny finish on the foam aswell
Minimal assembly - glue on main wing, cut out and attach leading edge extensions (I taped them on, do not want to have them permanently fixed - it flies nice & slow without them as well...), install receiver and battery, bind & fly.

CG at recommended spot with a 180mAh Zippy in the designated spot, needed just a couple of clicks down elevator to get it to fly. More than enough power, almost as fast as the other Durafl micros and exellent vertical performance. The long legs, relatively big wheels and gentle stall characteristics/slow speed handling make landings a piece of cake, even on gravel...

I had a close call on my first flight. Placed the TM on the ground "armed and ready", then I turned around and kneeled down to put away some batteries 'n stuff I had in my hand and bumped the trottle up to half power inadvertently

Heard a buzz, and when I looked behind me, the TM was already a couple of feet up in the air... I still had some stuff in my right hand so I struggeled to get hold of the stick, but the TM was so gentle in the air that I just throtteled down with my free hand, and had more than enough time to get rid of the stuff in my right hand to gain control

Greetings from Norway,
Kai W-E
Thanks for the post.
Good to hear this little plane flies well.. even when your not at the controls
MikeRx is offline Find More Posts by MikeRx
Old Apr 17, 2012, 01:48 PM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
1,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiWE View Post

Greetings from Norway,
Kai W-E
Awesome! Thanks for the report! Now I'm even more tempted to get one.
Firehawk989 is online now Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Old May 13, 2012, 08:09 AM
Ft Lauderdale, FL.
Joined Jan 2007
2,241 Posts
Telemicro Video

I found this Video, so I figured I would post it for those interested.
The Hobbyking boys are pretty cool, despite the problems they have some cool planes, (I like the fact that most are full house), they also have some cool technology.
The best thing a company like Hobbyking can do for me is figure a way around the long shipping times from China, I don't see why we have to wait so long for a China shipment, eff customs man! anyway this plane is a perfect example of a forward thinking company, is this thing licensed...
Petey...
Ps: It says (I believe on youtube) that the Leading edge extensions are on, I do not see them but the plane seems to slow up ok...

Hobbyking Durafly Telemicro (1 min 46 sec)
Machy2k is offline Find More Posts by Machy2k