HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by John Rood, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 01:12 PM
Delusional Wanna-Be
Boston, Massachusetts USA
Joined Mar 2004
1,176 Posts
Discussion
Here's a Sinbad 40 Towline Glider that I Built and flew in the late 1960's

It's from a kit produced by SIG Models, which I now understand originated from a larger Sinbad in the Berkeley line? All-balsa, Ambroid and/or Duco Cement was probably the glue, and covering is white silkspan from the kit with a bit of orange tissue for a trim color.

My father gave me this kit as a Christmas or Birthday gift, I was about 12 or so and he bought it at the Palisades Hobby Shop in Pacific Palisades, California, a truly old-school LHS "local hobby shop" that was a second home to many of us growing up there at that time.

I found it challenging to build the 3-D fuselage, and it took me a while to actually finish the darn thing, but it really did fly. We took it out to the Sepulveda Basin where the dry foxtails could poke holes in the tissue and find their way into the melting clay inside the ballast box.
John Rood is offline Find More Posts by John Rood
Last edited by John Rood; Apr 12, 2012 at 01:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts