Some technical details:
Wingspan: 3370mm
Length: 1580mm
Wing area: 77.1dm2 (1195sq.in.)
Empty Wt.: 980g (34.386oz)
Wing airfoil: NH F3J
Functions: Ailerons, Elevator, Rudder, Flaps, Motor
Similar construction type as the Maxx, Magic & Cumulus, except the wing
carries 2 carbon fiber "I" bean type spars.

rgds,

Alberto
Hobby Club
hobbyclub is offline Find More Posts by hobbyclub
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:29 PM
Holland MI
Joined Feb 2010
347 Posts
Okay what's the price on this.. I looked on the website but didn't see anything
Krazykayak75 is offline Find More Posts by Krazykayak75
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:35 PM
rcmak
Joined Mar 2006
12 Posts
The build quality one these are not good! Beware!
rcmak is offline Find More Posts by rcmak
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:56 PM
LSF303 / AMA Life Member
USA, IL, Wheeling
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
So, rcmak, aside from posting that the build quality is "not so good" on multiple threads, how about some real information? What about the quality do you find substandard?

It's easy to toss bricks without any substantiation ...
tkallev is online now Find More Posts by tkallev
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:11 PM
rcmak
Joined Mar 2006
12 Posts
OK here ya go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkallev View Post
So, rcmak, aside from posting that the build quality is "not so good" on multiple threads, how about some real information? What about the quality do you find substandard?

Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:33 PM
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Feb 2003
239 Posts
Reichard Cirrus 3.3m ALES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazykayak75 View Post
Okay what's the price on this.. I looked on the website but didn't see anything
It's posted now on the website.
Will honor a selling price of $499.95 on the first 10 orders.
Then it will go to the regular price of $549.95

Alberto
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:45 PM
Mesa AZ, it's a dry heat!
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2004
595 Posts
Cirrus

I have dealt with Alberto at Hobby Club on several occasions. I have also flown several Reichard designs and I think that Mark was just plain unlucky. I am sure Alberto will make it good.
I am pleased with the quality of the Baracuda, P13 and MAXX that I have owned and I think Reichard puts out very good products.

Iain
rev.iain is offline Find More Posts by rev.iain
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:46 PM
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Feb 2003
239 Posts
Reichard ModellSport quality (2nd to none)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmak View Post
I'm sorry to report you that we've been working with Reichard ModellSport since the early '90's, and this is the first complaint we're receiving.

Unfortunately, instead of you contacting us directly, you decided to post it on a public forum.

Wings are press molded made and cured, so there is very little to give.

On your particular set of wings, there is a remote possibility that, because of the
AZ. climate (too dry and hot), one of them gave some on the dihedral.

We did check with the manufacturer and we were told that they have sold a large quantity of Cumulus around the World without customer complaints.

Nevertheless, if you want to contact us directly, we'll arrange to exchange the wing of your model,

Alberto
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:46 AM
Chess club geek with wings
Brainerd, MN
Joined Aug 2008
1,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmak View Post
I have purchaed a few items from Alberto....in addition to being patient and pleasant his customer service is excelent, I'd take him up on the offer and see if you can exchange the wings.
blunight is offline Find More Posts by blunight
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:58 AM
rcmak
Joined Mar 2006
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyclub View Post
I'm sorry to report you that we've been working with Reichard ModellSport since the early '90's, and this is the first complaint we're receiving.

Unfortunately, instead of you contacting us directly, you decided to post it on a public forum.

Wings are press molded made and cured, so there is very little to give.

On your particular set of wings, there is a remote possibility that, because of the
AZ. climate (too dry and hot), one of them gave some on the dihedral.

We did check with the manufacturer and we were told that they have sold a large quantity of Cumulus around the World without customer complaints.

Nevertheless, if you want to contact us directly, we'll arrange to exchange the wing of your model,

Alberto
I sent a PM to Alberto. We will see if I get a replacement wing. If I do I will post here!
Old May 30, 2012, 12:56 AM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
9,952 Posts
So, has anyone build/flown this one? Any pics?
Up&Away is offline Find More Posts by Up&Away
Old May 31, 2012, 03:29 AM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Oosterzele
Joined Dec 2001
5,425 Posts
Somebody seems to have flown one in last weekend's F5J comp in Hungary, no idea what place he ended up in, but a Reichard Maxx won the Czech F5J comp in the flyoff...

WimH is offline Find More Posts by WimH
Old May 31, 2012, 04:19 PM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Oosterzele
Joined Dec 2001
5,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkallev View Post

Well, I'm not rcmak, but I'm also very disappointed with the quality of my Reichard Magic. The ailerons and flaps are badly warped ( >1cm over less than 50 cm length) and the covering is all wrinkled up. Put me off of starting to build it. I do not like working on plastic film if I can avoid it, but this one will force me to do so. Any suggestions about how to do this (I do not own a covering iron nor a heatgun...) are very welcome...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyclub View Post
Mine came from Schweighofer, their European dealer, and I just complained to Reichard, curious how this will be handled...

And this is how:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej Sagat / Reichard Modelsport
we are sorry for this case. It would be caused by wrong series of covering film.
The best way to solve this problem should be to send wing to us directly and we repair the wings.

Regards,
I will be sending in the wing halves....
WimH is offline Find More Posts by WimH
Last edited by WimH; Jun 01, 2012 at 03:23 AM. Reason: received response from manufacturer
Old Jun 04, 2012, 12:34 AM
Prague, Czech republic
Joined Jul 2007
23 Posts
Hello, Cirrus on photos from Hungary is mine - nice plane, but on Korona Cup I use another plane - relatively strong wind and more important is that Cirrus is new plane and I need more time to optimize settings.
About my Cirrus - flying weight is 1522g. Set-up: Hyperion GS3014/16, CC Lite 50, prop 13x7,5, LiPOL 3s1300mAh Turnigy. Servos 2xHS82MG rudder/elevator, 2xHS65MG ailerons and 2xDES587MG flaps.

Cirrus is extremely good for lower wind - very good ability for turns on small thermal bubbles (like F3K :-) ). It can fly also on stronger wind, but on stronger wind you can get better plane. In my opinion you receive really good value for price.
tomashr is offline Find More Posts by tomashr
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:00 AM
Prague, Czech republic
Joined Jul 2007
23 Posts
About outrunners on Korona Cup - Radek Novotny won with modified MAXX (different fuselage and slightly increased dihedral). I also pass to fly-off and on flyoff I use Magic from Reichard.
tomashr is offline Find More Posts by tomashr