SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 21, 2012, 01:14 PM
France
Joined Mar 2011
67 Posts
First fly today with some wind.Difficult to take altitude, even with 45/50% throtle. Do you think reducing motor angle will help ? JM
jmcclv is offline Find More Posts by jmcclv
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2012, 06:02 PM
United States, PA, Lansdale
Joined Feb 2012
214 Posts
Hi guys,
Mike from spyhawkfpv finally sent out an e-mail saying he was working on my problem. He was waiting for some V2 servos to come in. He also said they were very overwhelmed! I hope I see something soon, my shelf queen is gatering dust.
Frank Arbaugh
arbfrank is offline Find More Posts by arbfrank
Old Jul 21, 2012, 08:20 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
1,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettAltea View Post
Which is a real problem when you consider the target market - new people to FPV that just want an easy RTF system with no building needed.

If you're going to have to mod the thing just to work half decently then you'd be better off with the Fatshark Predator RTF system and put it on a decent plane.
In my opinion, and from what I've seen, this is not a EASY RTF way to get into FPV. Theses thing are broke more than they're being flown.
Bill0 is offline Find More Posts by Bill0
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:01 PM
Blu-Core is my friend
La Crosse, WI
Joined Apr 2006
818 Posts
I got mine this weekend, have not opened the box yet.
I have been working on the all-in-one from skylark.

Anyway,
I think I am going to make sure it flies well before I use the stabilization... I think people are fighting the stabilization.
Planes fly very different under full stabilization. I have several different systems for stabilization. Ruby, Eagle Tree Guardian and the stand alone Guardian , JCM-X6, FY30A
they all fly different under stabilization.

Later,
Gundy
Gundy is offline Find More Posts by Gundy
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:28 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,124 Posts
[QUOTE=Gundy;22245436]I got mine this weekend, have not opened the box yet.
I have been working on the all-in-one from skylark.

Anyway,
I think I am going to make sure it flies well before I use the stabilization... I think people are fighting the stabilization.
Planes fly very different under full stabilization. I have several different systems for stabilization. Ruby, Eagle Tree Guardian and the stand alone Guardian , JCM-X6, FY30A
they all fly different under stabilization.

Later,
Gundy[/QUOTE

Lots of people are trying to figure how glue got INTO the servos. Hope you have better luck. Keep us posted.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 01:09 AM
France
Joined Mar 2011
67 Posts
Hi, yesterday i've tried to fly without stabilisation, a disaster... nose and camera broken...
jmcclv is offline Find More Posts by jmcclv
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:32 AM
United States, NY, Wappingers Falls
Joined Jun 2011
578 Posts
Hey Gundy, send it back and get a refund ASAP!!!! It'll save you a lot of grief later on.
Maddmax is offline Find More Posts by Maddmax
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:44 AM
Blu-Core is my friend
La Crosse, WI
Joined Apr 2006
818 Posts
No way, I am always up for a good challenge.
I had a version 1 skywalker, the X5, and the Falcon wing... got all of them to fly well and not break LOL

I am a little pissed that I got charged $369.99 and was told they would be sending refunds after they dropped there price....
So there is that.

Later,
Gundy
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:33 PM
United States, NY, Wappingers Falls
Joined Jun 2011
578 Posts
I agree, we all got screwed on the initial orders. And now that we have issues, no customer service!!!
Maddmax is offline Find More Posts by Maddmax
Old Jul 26, 2012, 02:44 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,875 Posts
Hmm. anyone got experience fixing a stuck rudder trim tab.?

UPDATE, Just got a tracking number from Mike, new TX on its way.
My personal experience with Mike and the SpyHawk FPV so far = Good.
no damage to my plane,
All servos working
Got a reply from Mike in less than 2 hours. (yes I would rather have a working TX but things being what they are, the support so far have been good.)

SpyHawk radio tim tab stuck (0 min 43 sec)

Bo
Bo Lorentzen is offline Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Bo Lorentzen; Jul 26, 2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 03:04 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,124 Posts
Very nice. That's what I call real quality.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 04:00 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill0 View Post
Very nice. That's what I call real quality.
Having $350 in a box that contain a camera, VTX, video display, and a RC kit... it is not dirt cheap, but it is not expensive either. Soon and very soon, it will fly with a new TX. now if they could just move some of all those buildings downtown LA to get some flying space ;-)

Bo
Bo Lorentzen is offline Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 26, 2012, 05:08 PM
Blu-Core is my friend
La Crosse, WI
Joined Apr 2006
818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Lorentzen View Post
Having $350 in a box that contain a camera, VTX, video display, and a RC kit... it is not dirt cheap, but it is not expensive either. Soon and very soon, it will fly with a new TX. now if they could just move some of all those buildings downtown LA to get some flying space ;-)
Bo
Hey, you have a lot of space to the west...

I had a NEW Jr radio that had a bad left stick from the factory...

Later,
Gundy
Old Jul 29, 2012, 04:46 AM
United Kingdom, England, Bridport
Joined Jul 2012
13 Posts
Looking forward to Spyhawk

I recently bought a Nine eagle Sky Runner as a starting plane (2 weeks ago) and am hooked so consider me a rookie. I've smashed the poor thing into the ground a few times and broken off the nose 3 times and the tail once, all glued using epoxy resin and flying again the next day. The reason for me buying this plane was that I was told it was a good starter and not too expensive at 70 including TX.

So then I discovered the Spy Hawk and it got me really excited. I've read the reviews (good and bad) and so from my perspective (as a rookie) I'm hoping to add my opinion to the mix as mine should arrive tomorrow. The version I should get is the V2 with the ability to disable the stabilisation.

Maybe overkill but I also purchased some fatshark 5.8ghz goggles too as I'm led to believe that they wll either pick up the video sent or I can plug them into the bottom of the Radio. Either way I'll be using them with a sky walker of some such later.

One thing I'd like to see if possible (if my fat shark goggles work) is if the radio display can be turned off as it does munch batteries.

I'll feed back a noobies account of how the Spy Hawk fared later this week.
krikey is offline Find More Posts by krikey
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:15 AM
United Kingdom, England, Bridport
Joined Jul 2012
13 Posts
You know, when as as kid, you'd spend months saving up for a toy; cobbling together all your pocket money, doing extra favour for the Neighbours just to get that special Space Lego model? Then find that when it arrives and you start to build it, theres a piece missing, an integral piece that holds the grey 2x4 to the wing?

Well I'm 39 and soon to be 40 and had the same feeling of expectation when I ordered my Spy Hawk. It arrived exactly when the supplier said it would. I unboxed the well packaged craft (all sealed with security tape). Hubsan have done a great job of squeezing this plane and the TX into the box even if you feel they've not done everything else very well.

The first thing that struck me was that I had no glue. Thats no biggie, I've been glueing my Nine Eagle Sky Runner for the first few nights of its arrival so that wasn't a problem. Glue I have! The first show stopping RTF problem was the lack of Props. None! Nada! So I rang the supplier who was very apologetic and asked the usual questions like "Have you checked it hasn't fallen on the floor?" I for one appreciate that response, as I have worked in IT and know that the simplest of faults can be solved by sometimes asking the obvious. Alas this was not the case. The supplier rang his wholesaler and said that he'd get two props out to be within the day. Cool!

I went on thinking that I'd check the servos, Radio, screen etc. in the meantime and suspend my childlike glee for just a couple more days, after all its bound to rain so no need to build up my hopes of tomorrow if Him upstairs decides to p*ss on all of us anyway.

I pulled out my bumper pack of Duracel AAs and stated to feed them into the battery container only to find that on closer inspection the battery container had a fundamental few plates and springs missing for wich to make a circuit. Hmm, or words to that effect.

Another call later to the very nice guy at the suppliers and he said that we'd have to arrange the unit to be shipped back. Hmm, or words to that effect.

Needless to say, no Spy Hawk today and no ability to test it really, short of making up some springs and plates to complete the circuit, which, lets be honest, I shouldn't have to do after all thats the point of RTF isn't it?

Heres a youtube link to the offending article.

Initial review of Spy Hawk V2 by Hubsan RC aeroplace with FPV (1 min 56 sec)
krikey is offline Find More Posts by krikey