SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:29 AM
Split S
United States, CA, Rancho Santa Margarita
Joined Jul 2006
2,043 Posts
May be the design is barrowed from the Cox plane, but the electronics are all orignial design by Hubsan. Not a china knock off of something else.

The version that I have seems to fly okay. I did turn down the rates in the TX to help it fly better.
TimJohnson is offline Find More Posts by TimJohnson
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2012, 01:52 PM
Plainfield, New Jersey, United States
Joined Mar 2003
144 Posts
Tim,

What numbers do you have for your rates?
chillybee is offline Find More Posts by chillybee
Old Jun 30, 2012, 01:54 PM
Split S
United States, CA, Rancho Santa Margarita
Joined Jul 2006
2,043 Posts
Currently at 80.
TimJohnson is offline Find More Posts by TimJohnson
Old Jul 02, 2012, 05:15 PM
Blu-Core is my friend
La Crosse, WI
Joined Apr 2006
818 Posts
@TimJohnson
any way you can check the freq of the 5.8ghz video???
Gundy is offline Find More Posts by Gundy
Old Jul 02, 2012, 05:18 PM
Blu-Core is my friend
La Crosse, WI
Joined Apr 2006
818 Posts
another question...
does it use "a normal" 3 wire servo?

looks like you can get all the electronics cam, video tx, plane rx, at Range video...

Later,
Gundy
Gundy is offline Find More Posts by Gundy
Old Jul 03, 2012, 04:56 PM
United States, PA, Lansdale
Joined Feb 2012
215 Posts
Hi guys,
I am still waiting for Mike at Spyhawkfpv.com to tell me how he is going to fix my bad rudder servo and dead Sd card. I have e-mailed him several times, with no response. I did call him once and talked. He said he wanted to make it right, but no action yet. Spent $368.00 two months ago and still do not have a useable plane or video system!
Frank Arbaugh
arbfrank is offline Find More Posts by arbfrank
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:51 PM
United States, NY, Wappingers Falls
Joined Jun 2011
578 Posts
Unfortunately I have the same bad customer service issues with Mike at Spyhawkfpv.com. He simply will not answer any emails!!!

On another good note, I replaced the crappy stock elevator with the bigger version. She now flys extremely well and climbs with no issues. I also bought a spare set of wings and I may try larger ailerons to see if that helps out even more.
Maddmax is offline Find More Posts by Maddmax
Old Jul 03, 2012, 10:19 PM
Joined Mar 2003
144 Posts
Maddmax,

That's great news. Did you need any up trim to keep the nose up and can you climb with full throttle?
Old Jul 04, 2012, 06:45 AM
Joined Jun 2011
578 Posts
You can easily climb with full throttle and no trim. Let go of the sticks at full throttle and she levels right out after tweaking the ailerons a bit.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 11:08 AM
Joined Mar 2003
144 Posts
Then I'll be ordering a new elevator.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 02:08 PM
Joined Jun 2011
578 Posts
Took mine out for some practice today. First flight went well while recording. Changed batteries and then noticed it became a bit sluggish in the turns. This may be due to the overheating servos in the wings. It eventually brought the plane down in the middle of a road, tearing out the camera and ribbon cable. When I took the video card out of the front, a very small capacitor got hung on the foam and ripped off the board. Now I'm screwed for sure!!! Looks like I won't be able to test any of these components out until I spend more money on this turd!!!!
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:55 AM
United States, PA, Lansdale
Joined Feb 2012
215 Posts
Hi Guys,
How can we put some pressure on Spyhawk.fpv (Mike) to talk to us about our problems and warranty issues. I hope he is talking to the manufacturer about the cheap servos in the first batch, since that is one of the selling points in the second batch due this month. I still have a $368.00 shelf queen, with a bad servo and bad SD card. He al least should tell us he is working on the problem, not ignore our e-mails.
arbfrank is offline Find More Posts by arbfrank
Old Jul 07, 2012, 12:33 PM
Joined Nov 2011
163 Posts
I dont know if you can get the authorities involved. But for future references, always keep in mind that US based business doesnt always mean great customer service, leaves alone after sales.
For any new businesses that sell specific item which clealry shown on the domain name, it would be easy for the owner to close and open another webstore when things go out of hands.
am534615 is offline Find More Posts by am534615
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:04 PM
Joined Mar 2003
144 Posts
Maddmax,

Man that really sucks about your plane especially since you finally got it flying well. I've never flown mine long enough for the servos to overheat but they seemed fine when it did fly. ArbFrank, I ordered my plane from Canada so support is definitely out of the question even though I've been bugging them for weeks. I dont know what's up ith Mike but it seems like he's doing everything possible to give himself a bad rep online. I myself am going to try first extending my elevators and if that doesn't work, then I'll order the bigger set from RangeVideo. I've dealt with them and they're very good.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 05:05 AM
Joined Jun 2011
578 Posts
RangeVideo provides excellent service. I ordered the replacement parts on 7/4 and they arrived at my door on 7/7. Got the plane fixed right away and will take it out later today for another flight.