HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:52 PM
Joined Feb 2012
13 Posts
Look rtf is gooood

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkkromhof View Post
I kind of like that there's a learning curve and a price tag involved with flying FPV, I don't think that shortcuts like these will do the FPV community at large any favors.
At a time when FPV is coming under more and more scrutiny it would probably be better in many ways if it didn't become accessible for people who don't have a lot of time invested through research and practice, etc.

Some kid is going to crash his toy into traffic and cause a wreck or in some other way harm is going to come from people flying without knowing what they're doing and it's going to reflect poorly on the FPV community.

I understand that with it becoming something that you can buy at Walmart (figuratively speaking) also comes more acceptance from the public at large, but I think the cons outweigh the pros in this case.
So wat ur saying is that someone who has spent an entire life time wating for parts Nd putting all of it together with the possiblity of chosing a bad plane radio camera ect and have wasted time where he could have been practicing will be better than someone who got every thing at the same time went out stuck close and got better while the other person will be building for ever only to think his system is the best ever and go and crash it miles away

YEAH RIGHT
pbutok is offline Find More Posts by pbutok
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:14 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
6,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbutok View Post
So wat ur saying is that someone who has spent an entire life time wating for parts Nd putting all of it together with the possiblity of chosing a bad plane radio camera ect and have wasted time where he could have been practicing will be better than someone who got every thing at the same time went out stuck close and got better while the other person will be building for ever only to think his system is the best ever and go and crash it miles away

YEAH RIGHT
In a way he's right because people buy on a whim on Saturday and crash on Sunday. But this plane is very small and won't cause a big problem.

The FPV communities biggest problem will come from within as people try to push the technology to its limits.

I saw a video from Spain posted on rcg a few years ago where some guys were flying at 16km range, over tinder dry farm land. They lost comms, the plane went down and they were lucking not to cause a fire.

I raised concerns and some in the FPV forum got all upset with me. They even refused to accept that crashing a lipo was a fire risk.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:47 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
In a way he's right because people buy on a whim on Saturday and crash on Sunday. But this plane is very small and won't cause a big problem.

The FPV communities biggest problem will come from within as people try to push the technology to its limits.

I saw a video from Spain posted on rcg a few years ago where some guys were flying at 16km range, over tinder dry farm land. They lost comms, the plane went down and they were lucking not to cause a fire.

I raised concerns and some in the FPV forum got all upset with me. They even refused to accept that crashing a lipo was a fire risk.
They've probably not seen how dangerous a Lipo fire is.
Otto Dieffenbach is offline Find More Posts by Otto Dieffenbach
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:09 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
6,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Dieffenbach View Post
They've probably not seen how dangerous a Lipo fire is.
This is what one idiot PM'd me:
Quote:
Your concerns about a fire risk are absurd. Please prove me wrong by showing an example, ANY EXAMPLE, of an RC plane (non turbine) starting a fire. Please use documentation, not something like, "well I've heard", or "It's well known". Use some facts.
We work hard to provide concrete data, are you somehow immune to this requirement?
Again, each and every one of your concerns has been addressed in several other threads. This thread is about long range flight, not long range safety. There are at least two threads dedicated to long range safety and you have obviously not read either.
Arguing from an uninformed standpoint does you no good other than to irk those that have previously addressed your arguments, and to make you look uninformed (not difficult).
As I said before, READ THE MATERIAL. Then post your concerns in the proper thread.
Remember, I was complaining about a plane going down in tinder dry conditions, 18km away from the pilot. It was a terrible example of how to operate, yet the fool was only worried about my critique being off topic.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:35 PM
Psalm 37:4
Litchfield Park, AZ.
Joined Jun 2006
206 Posts
Spyhawk Batteries

As most of you know the Spyhawk batteries for the radio and plane need work. Here is my tested battery solution to the problem. I use a Zippy Compact 1300mah 11.1 v 3cell LiPo for the radio. It fits perfectly and i'm getting around 20 thirty minute flights before the battery needs recharged.
In the plane i'm using a Zippy compact 850 mah 7.4 v 2 cell LiPo battery. The video recording module needs to be moved to the side for the battery to fit. I'm now getting 30 minute flights with this battery. The batteries were bought from Hobby King.
HawkHunter is offline Find More Posts by HawkHunter
Last edited by HawkHunter; Feb 19, 2013 at 12:02 AM.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 05:42 PM
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
5,604 Posts
Hello,

I am a new owner of the H102D invader. I switched on the first time and everything was ok. Got the signal of the camera on the LCD. Switched off and from this instant .... no more live connexion... I am so upset ?. some help ?

What is the default frequency in the menu ? 5.8 Ghz exactly ?.

Please help me ....
SeByDocKy is offline Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:18 PM
Un Registered User
Canada, BC, Chilliwack
Joined Feb 2013
176 Posts
Hubsan did great on these models. Great for starter FPV'ers.
Doodie is offline Find More Posts by Doodie
Old Feb 21, 2013, 01:55 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodie View Post
Not my opinion or many others.
Otto Dieffenbach is offline Find More Posts by Otto Dieffenbach
Old Feb 21, 2013, 06:38 AM
Joined Dec 2012
5,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodie View Post

Hummmmm,

A failure of the FPV after 5mn of use. Didn't have time to make a fight ....
Of course, I wrote to hubsan and no answers yet ... neither by the HK online shops.... Well actually I have been fuc...ed by them ... Disgusted

I don't what's happened. I need some information with hubsan fpv product. There are 3 parts for the fpv : camera, 5.8 Gh TX, or the camoera pcb with microSD. If someone got the camera PCB with microSD, is recording working when pressing the small button close to the microSD slot ?. Coz for me, it's nort working and in the case, the guilty should be this camera PCB card.

I don't know how to test the 5.8 Ghz Tx ? maybe something written with remotecontrol ?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:39 PM
Joined Dec 2012
5,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy View Post
Hummmmm,

A failure of the FPV after 5mn of use. Didn't have time to make a fight ....
Of course, I wrote to hubsan and no answers yet ... neither by the HK online shops.... Well actually I have been fuc...ed by them ... Disgusted

I don't what's happened. I need some information with hubsan fpv product. There are 3 parts for the fpv : camera, 5.8 Gh TX, or the camoera pcb with microSD. If someone got the camera PCB with microSD, is recording working when pressing the small button close to the microSD slot ?. Coz for me, it's nort working and in the case, the guilty should be this camera PCB card.

I don't know how to test the 5.8 Ghz Tx ? maybe something written with remotecontrol ?

A miracle !!!! happened .... I don't know why, now, start to work again....
I can syncrhonize the video 1 times over 3,4 switch on .....

A stupid question, My WiFi Box is close .... Do you think there are some artfacts ?. In theory no....except if somewhere thare are some WiFi 802.2n double channels .....
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:22 PM
Litchfield Park, AZ.
Joined Jun 2006
206 Posts
I know the spyhawk radio video frequencies are 5710Mhz to 5920Mhz in 5Mhz increments. You can access them and set a freq you want in the radio menu.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:34 PM
Joined Dec 2012
5,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkHunter View Post
I know the spyhawk radio video frequencies are 5710Mhz to 5920Mhz in 5Mhz increments. You can access them and set a freq you want in the radio menu.

Yes I saw that .... but why offers the possibility to change the carrier frequency ?. In the case of several FPV flying simultaneously ?.

Hummm even with FSS modulation technology, I guess the bandwith requiered to transmist video is too large to not creating interference with another FPV module.

Now my goal, is too mod the TX/RX part for the H102D ... of course something smaller/compact that the great job performed tor the skyhawk.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:44 PM
Litchfield Park, AZ.
Joined Jun 2006
206 Posts
[QUOTE=SeByDocKy;24211285]Yes I saw that .... but why offers the possibility to change the carrier frequency ?. In the case of several FPV flying simultaneously ?.

If you have video goggles, you can set your radio video freq so your goggles will display the Spyhawk video.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:23 AM
Joined Dec 2012
5,604 Posts
[QUOTE=HawkHunter;24211363]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy View Post
Yes I saw that .... but why offers the possibility to change the carrier frequency ?. In the case of several FPV flying simultaneously ?.

If you have video goggles, you can set your radio video freq so your goggles will display the Spyhawk video.

This glass is better than the hubsan product ?
What is the resolution of such product ?. Need to be connected to the remote control ? What is the prize of such system ?
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:01 AM
Litchfield Park, AZ.
Joined Jun 2006
206 Posts
This glass is better than the hubsan product ?
What is the resolution of such product ?. Need to be connected to the remote control ? What is the prize of such system ?[/QUOTE]

Look Here.......
FPV Spyhawk Mini Glider -- Compatible Video Goggles (3 min 52 sec)