1,656 Posts
http://www.caliberhobby.com/ try here.
BGR is offline Find More Posts by BGR
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:50 PM
Suspended Account
Switzerland
Joined Aug 2012
173 Posts
GWS has made no shipments his year. Lin is not being truthful when GWS USA says they have not ordered enough.
mikhail tupulov is offline Find More Posts by mikhail tupulov
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:33 PM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Super Annoyed

Mr. Lin has been outright lying to everyone. GWS USA has not received ANY shipments since December of 2011, that's 10 months ago.

Mr. Lin told GWS USA last week that a boat just hit the water for them, but it was not true since they never received a customs notification regarding an inbound shipment... so he's even lying to his own people!

Any vendor telling you they have stock of popular GWS products is not being truthful. They may have inventory on some items, but it's old stock that isn't selling well.

According to my sales rep (I just got off the phone with him), they are in immediate danger of losing Great Planes & Horizon as vendors of their products, and are only able to fulfill about 25% of customer orders due to lack of inventory.

I am under the impression that Mr. Lin is just going to let GWS USA die off. He's either not responding to inquiries at all, or outright lying on the rare occassion that he does respond. The business cannot continue when it's not receiving inventory, and what little inventory they do have is made up of items nobody wants to buy.

This is unacceptable behavior and very unprofessional.

Regards,
Bill
billbo1970 is offline Find More Posts by billbo1970
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:39 PM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaBob View Post
Zeroback I hope you are right. However yesterday I discovered an interesting and thought provoking bit of information. I wanted to check on stock and possible arrival of new stock at GWS USA. I called as usual, only to discover on their phone system that GWS USA is now only open Monday - Thursday. So I checked on Caliber's web site and sure enough, they are only open Mon - Thurs too. Hard to run a hobby shop when you are not open on the weekends. I hope this is only a temporary money saving technique!
According to my sales rep at GWS, it's permanent... they are only open Mon - Thurs due to cutbacks. Which is a contributing factor to my thinking that Mr. Lin is going to let GWS USA fail.

Bill
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:41 PM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGR View Post
I am no fan of the Chinese but I respect them for my own reasons. I have been around long enough to see a development path that I recognize. In the 50s and 60s Japanese products were considered junk (they were junk) and the Japanese were copy cats. But as time went on their products became better and they started innovating. Today their electronic components, Cars, TVs and other electronic products are right up there with the best that the world can offer. The Chinese they will improve and they will innovate of this I am sure. For the moment they are just like the Japanese were back then, but not for long.

Freedom is a human desire, it is not a cultural value. It may take decades but eventually the Chinese will demand more from their country and they will get it.
There is a flaw in this line of thinking, you're not comparing Apples to Apples. Japan was & is a free market. China is a communist country, and therefore is not driven by capitalism as the Japanese were/are.

Bill
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:45 PM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemoskull View Post
zeroback: inovative or not, 90% of everything in USA comes from china. food for thought.
Most product is designed in the USA and manufactured in China. The designs are then stolen by the Chinese are re-branded as inferior knockoffs, but at such low prices that the average consumer doesn't care.

US Corporations need to wise up and bring manufacturing back to the states. I hear from so many of my vendors how they're losing money because of delays in getting their products in from China. Well if you made it here in the 1st place that wouldn't be an issue. They would also be stimulating our own economy and probably SAVING money due to the massive increases in shipping costs over the past few years. Not to mention that study done last year that found that on average the american worker is 10x more productive than his/her Chinese counterpart.

Bill
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:49 PM
United States, PA, Middletown
Joined Sep 2011
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGR View Post
It is interesting how one rumor leads to another and then another. I would not be surprised if someone claimed that a Bigfoot went on a rampage and destroyed the GWS factory.
I think I saw a youtube video of that!
wayfaringdreamer is offline Find More Posts by wayfaringdreamer
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:53 PM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Here's US Customs data on the most recent shipment to GWS USA:

Supplier Grand Wing System China Inc.
Commodity Toys, Parts For Toys And R/C Airplane
Date November 03, 2011
Weight 2,314 kg
From Port Yantian, China
To Port Port of Long Beach, Long Beach, California

Apparently Mr. Lin isn't even bothering to comment on this topic anymore.

Bill
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:53 PM
BGR
Foam Junkie
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Dec 2003
1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbo1970 View Post
There is a flaw in this line of thinking, you're not comparing Apples to Apples. Japan was & is a free market. China is a communist country, and therefore is not driven by capitalism as the Japanese were/are.

Bill
Yes Bill you are right in that there is that Red Tint. China however is no sad little republic like North Korea and seems to be evolving and growing exponentially in infrastructure. This is a flavor of communism that I have not seen before.
BGR is offline Find More Posts by BGR
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:01 AM
formosa
Joined Feb 2009
160 Posts
GWS container to the U.S.

Dear All, Thanks for your concern over the GWS container bound for the U.S.
the latest status is a 40' HQ container will be arriving Long Beach on Oct. 2nd, 2012. Supply to the U.S. market resumes to normal.
gws roger is offline Find More Posts by gws roger
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:46 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gws roger View Post
Dear All, Thanks for your concern over the GWS container bound for the U.S.
the latest status is a 40' HQ container will be arriving Long Beach on Oct. 2nd, 2012. Supply to the U.S. market resumes to normal.
Where is the shipping manifest? Where is the customs declaration? I won't believe another word out of GWS without actual visual proof.

Regards,
Bill
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:48 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,275 Posts
did he say it was in a container on a 40' boat?...like a old chicken wing container??
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Last edited by Weed89; Sep 26, 2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:45 PM
United States, PA, Middletown
Joined Sep 2011
640 Posts
wayfaringdreamer is offline Find More Posts by wayfaringdreamer