HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2013, 04:05 PM
Gilbert AZ
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined May 2012
1,623 Posts
GWS use to be the king of park flyers a while back.

What is going on with them? Just found this thread.
azflyingguy is online now Find More Posts by azflyingguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2013, 06:24 PM
Head full of foam
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Jan 2013
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaBob View Post
Rural,
Except for the wing its self, there are plenty of after market parts to keep you flying. Check out the Slow Stick Goodies section on our web page; www.gorillabobsrc.com
Thanks, I'm the one you sent the replacement RX to. It went on the SS. Finished it this weekend. Now if it would ever warm up here...
RuralFPV is offline Find More Posts by RuralFPV
Old Mar 06, 2013, 02:17 AM
Re-Kitting Expert :o
Bullhead City, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
1,689 Posts
Are you doing FPV with the SlowStick? I have wanted to try it for 3 years. A friend got me a 2.4ghz $40 set up a few month back. What a piece if junk!! But it did get my juices flowing to give it a try. I just got the 900mhz setup from China. Now if I can just get the time to get it onto a plane, quad, or truck and give it a go!!

My daughter currently staying in Omaha. The poor little desert rat is dying in the cold. I tried to cheer her up by telling her it was 80 here the other day and only a few more months and she might get a little warm, before the humidity kicks in! lol
GorillaBob is online now Find More Posts by GorillaBob
Old Mar 06, 2013, 11:30 PM
Head full of foam
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Jan 2013
324 Posts
Quote:
Are you doing FPV with the SlowStick? I have wanted to try it for 3 years. A friend got me a 2.4ghz $40 set up a few month back. What a piece if junk!! But it did get my juices flowing to give it a try. I just got the 900mhz setup from China. Now if I can just get the time to get it onto a plane, quad, or truck and give it a go!!

My daughter currently staying in Omaha. The poor little desert rat is dying in the cold. I tried to cheer her up by telling her it was 80 here the other day and only a few more months and she might get a little warm, before the humidity kicks in! lol
No, not FPVing it. It's just an intermediate trainer for me. FPVing a quad and maybe the tri I put together. Kind of want to keep the tri a beater so I may not.

If your daughter thinks this winter is bad... you're right, wait until she experiences one of our summers. LOL I spent a week in Salt Lake City on training. We were outside on break talking under a tree, quite comfortable at 95 degrees. In contrast, I've been soaked through mowing the law at 75 degrees here. She's in for a treat!
RuralFPV is offline Find More Posts by RuralFPV
Old Apr 13, 2013, 08:31 AM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
The dealer site is back up & running now. However, the inventory levels are PITIFUL, with many products on BACKORDER
billbo1970 is offline Find More Posts by billbo1970
Old Apr 13, 2013, 08:43 AM
Howdie Doo Dat ?
Pleasant Valley Modelport
Joined Sep 2006
8,940 Posts
Kick 'em while their down, if they are too weak to stand, they will only be tripped over.
Chophop is online now Find More Posts by Chophop
Old Apr 14, 2013, 06:07 PM
Bullhead City, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
1,689 Posts
Supply Resumes As Normal?

Mr Lin,

We were told:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gws roger View Post
Dear All, Thanks for your concern over the GWS ...... Supply to the U.S. market resumes to normal.
Can you tell us when the next container will arrive? We are running low on Slow Sticks, many of the props we use the most, and many of our favorite kits, including the Micro Slow Stick [especially if we can get it in an NPS package] Also many items such as the 28mm motor mount have been out of stock for months, forcing us to use your competitors products. Please let us know when Supply to the U.S. market REALLY resumes to normal"!
Old Apr 14, 2013, 06:10 PM
Fellow Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jun 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Can you tell us when the next container will arrive? ... Please let us know when Supply to the U.S. market REALLY resumes to normal"!
LOL, good luck w/getting a straight answer from HIM!!
billbo1970 is offline Find More Posts by billbo1970
Old Apr 15, 2013, 07:57 AM
Howdie Doo Dat ?
Joined Sep 2006
8,940 Posts
BTW, just teasing, Bilbo.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 06:14 PM
Bullhead City, Arizona
Joined Jan 2005
1,689 Posts
I just received an interesting email from GWS US. I sent an email to the person that was responsible for my account and the warehouse to see if he had heard when the next container would be coming in. I am very low on many of the items we carry. Some of the props and all the motor mounts from GWS are all sold out. Here is the response I received:

" Dear Robert

Thank you for addressing this email to ******
****** left GWS USA on Mar 28th, 2013 after 6 years of excellent work at GWS USA to seek his new career venture.

We are expecting a container this early/mid June."

With 4 day work weeks, I'm sure just about any job would have been an improvement. It is hard to pay for employees if you have nothing to sell!
Old Apr 29, 2013, 07:20 PM
Howdie Doo Dat ?
Joined Sep 2006
8,940 Posts
Try selling Stick 400's and 600's from Radical RC. The small -plane flyers will crow over them. I have one. The Stick 400's are about as agile as combat planes but as gentle as an E-Starter. The roll rate will tie your eyeballs in knots.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 10:54 PM
United States, TN, Greeneville
Joined May 2004
18 Posts
No one can understand,anything, Its a matter of the econom\
bacplus is offline Find More Posts by bacplus
Old Jun 20, 2013, 08:49 PM
formosa
Joined Feb 2009
160 Posts
Container to GWS US

Hi Folks, A 20' container load of Micro Slow Stick has left for US in early June. More items including propellers will be followed before end of June. Thanks for your concern and support to GWS.
gws roger is offline Find More Posts by gws roger
Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:26 AM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gws roger View Post
Hi Folks, A 20' container load of Micro Slow Stick has left for US in early June. More items including propellers will be followed before end of June. Thanks for your concern and support to GWS.

WOW ... was this a REAL post from GWS??? Does that mean they LIVE???
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Old Jun 21, 2013, 01:17 AM
In thrust we trust
Aguanga, Ca
Joined Mar 2010
1,299 Posts
Yes, we need the debut of the blue Micro Slow Sticks and spare wing sets for symmetrical airfoils and bipe mods.

And a retock of all the other GWS models that have been on backorder for months. Ok thanks

phoam is offline Find More Posts by phoam