HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:02 PM
Registered User
Jetnfast's Avatar
United States, MO, Warrensburg
Joined Feb 2008
2,251 Posts
I second the mounting location, except I mounted my ICE facing the other way with the heatsink fins outward. I also used silicone to mount the ESC and if yoou give it 24 hours undisturbed time to dry its solid in place. My ESC has yet to get over 100F according to the castle data log, plus its a great location for the CG. I have about 1 oz in the tail since I am running retracts with scale struts.
Jetnfast is offline Find More Posts by Jetnfast
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:51 PM
Registered User
Prof100's Avatar
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,221 Posts
Here is another battery location adjustment. Use of a trusty Dremel with grinding stone and a hobby knife.

Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:32 PM
Registered User
Razorback Flyer's Avatar
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined May 2012
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Here is another battery location adjustment. Use of a trusty Dremel with grinding stone and a hobby knife.

Where did u put the reciever??
Razorback Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Razorback Flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:40 PM
Registered User
Prof100's Avatar
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback Flyer View Post
Where did u put the reciever??
Up front.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:07 PM
Registered User
Jetnfast's Avatar
United States, MO, Warrensburg
Joined Feb 2008
2,251 Posts
I am running a gens ace 5s 3300 mah and I had to modify the canopy to get the battery to fit. What are the dimensions of that sky LiPo? I recently ordered a china hobby line 3300 5s that is shorter than the gens ace pack but have found most 5s 3300s are way thick and tall dimension wise so I am curious how the new batt will fit.
Jetnfast is offline Find More Posts by Jetnfast
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:22 PM
Registered User
Prof100's Avatar
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetnfast View Post
I am running a gens ace 5s 3300 mah and I had to modify the canopy to get the battery to fit. What are the dimensions of that sky LiPo? I recently ordered a china hobby line 3300 5s that is shorter than the gens ace pack but have found most 5s 3300s are way thick and tall dimension wise so I am curious how the new batt will fit.
As I recall, I sanded down the bottom of the canopy as well. These exercises becoming sculpting the foam to make it fit. The Sky Lipo dimensions are:

5.375" x 1.625" wide x 1.5" H (including velcro on bottom)
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:27 PM
Registered User
Razorback Flyer's Avatar
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined May 2012
54 Posts
Couldnt wait till the weekend

So I maidened the Habu2 today.. My first EDF... Wow It flies really sweet. The landing is so stress free. I Like it!!! Allot, BUT>>>>> I wanna go faster! I will leave it alone for a bit, but I cant decide if I wanna just leave it alone and fly it. Have fun with it, and just buy me a faster EDF, or Modify this one.. Thats always fun too. Anyways... Now I have no kits in the box.. Makes the Wife happier.. She always says "You want this, You want that, but you havent even built the one in the box yet" So I just made are Valentines dinner reservations for $120. I think I will use that if I need too, as I order my next "Box" Thanks for everyones help..

Terry
Razorback Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Razorback Flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:35 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
jgalexander's Avatar
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,869 Posts
Glad to hear it Terry. If you'd like an extra 10mph for free, the simplest speed mod is to take off the landing gear and handlaunch it. There's also a 5cell mod that has been discussed ad nauseum in here, but in short:
With some wheeling & dealing (selling the stock esc($55-60)/batt($50-55) and buying a 75A+ esc ($35+) and 5s 3000mAh batt ($40+)), and an hour or two of fiddling, you can get around 100mph on 5s (without the landing gear).
Have fun with it - it's a great plane!
Josh
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:49 PM
Registered User
capt soap's Avatar
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,839 Posts
Hogflyer, fly your first edf till your totally bored then upgrad it with esc, and a extra cell. Dont forget the thrust tube....which I haven't done yet after 50-60 flight's.


Still looking for gear doors!
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:32 AM
Registered User
bladeguy5's Avatar
United States, MD, Waldorf
Joined Jun 2012
347 Posts
MikePS, thanks for the parts, and fast shipping they should be at my door step today.. ll give the habu another run tomorrow wish me luck
bladeguy5 is offline Find More Posts by bladeguy5
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:45 AM
AMA 983978
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Sep 2011
170 Posts
Hope they arrive today too!
MikePS is offline Find More Posts by MikePS
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:44 PM
efflux RC's Avatar
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback Flyer View Post
kalmon,
...............And I seen in another post that Efflux has some hop ups... Cant wait for that
Well it's been too long coming. With the holidays, 150mile weekend trips to visit the new grandbaby, the really cold (for me) weather, and then getting the flu for more than a week ........
We finally got out with a few birds in the 75*F todaySo Cal sunshine.
We waited for some "quality" air time, with no nitros.gassers, or turbines flying so we could get some good "EDF" audio with the camcorder.
So, with the 4 hours I had, we got 4 flights in today.
Harry got one flight each on the 10s Habu32, and the SAPAC VIper. Both flew as well as usual.
The first flight of the Habu2 foamy was the remaiden (with the new 6s powers system) and trim flight.

The second flight turned a best pass speed of 142 mph (in zero wind) (Prospeed CR-1K radar gun)

Harry (holding the Habu in the pic) loves speed and the jet held up well to some high G, tight azz turns as well. (structural mods were kept to a minimum, as I only cut in some CF bar spars in the wing and stabs, and glassed the bottom of the wing right over all the stock tape).

The jet has mains gear doors, but no nose door, and the wheel protrudes a bit when up.
The batteriy came down cool with 31% left in it (Gens Ace, 6s, 35c, 3700)

All 4 of todays flights were video taped, and will posted when I get them out of the camera, published and uploaded. (I haven't even looked at the raw video yet)

The first day at "the Basin" this season was definaltey fun.

Here's a few still shots from today.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:06 PM
Registered User
Prof100's Avatar
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
Well it's been too long coming. With the holidays, 150mile weekend trips to visit the new grandbaby, the really cold (for me) weather, and then getting the flu for more than a week ........
We finally got out with a few birds in the 75*F todaySo Cal sunshine.
We waited for some "quality" air time, with no nitros.gassers, or turbines flying so we could get some good "EDF" audio with the camcorder.
So, with the 4 hours I had, we got 4 flights in today.
Harry got one flight each on the 10s Habu32, and the SAPAC VIper. Both flew as well as usual.
The first flight of the Habu2 foamy was the remaiden (with the new 6s powers system) and trim flight.

The second flight turned a best pass speed of 142 mph (in zero wind) (Prospeed CR-1K radar gun)

Harry (holding the Habu in the pic) loves speed and the jet held up well to some high G, tight azz turns as well. (structural mods were kept to a minimum, as I only cut in some CF bar spars in the wing and stabs, and glassed the bottom of the wing right over all the stock tape).

The jet has mains gear doors, but no nose door, and the wheel protrudes a bit when up.
The batteriy came down cool with 31% left in it (Gens Ace, 6s, 35c, 3700)

All 4 of todays flights were video taped, and will posted when I get them out of the camera, published and uploaded. (I haven't even looked at the raw video yet)

The first day at "the Basin" this season was definaltey fun.

Here's a few still shots from today.
Glad you got some quality flights in today. I sit here in my family room and I am watching the weather report where the temperature is 10 degrees F. with snow forcast for tomorrow.

Look forward to the videos.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:17 PM
Registered User
capt soap's Avatar
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,839 Posts
Wow you shattered the 130 habu wall!!! congrats!!What motor??
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:24 PM
efflux RC's Avatar
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
Wow you shattered the 130 habu wall!!! congrats!!What motor??
Thanks Lee and Prof100.


OOPS......
This thing has been sitting aroung for so long, I forgot something important!!
The Velocity motor demagged with the new Gens ace battery during run ups on the bench.
I switched out the the motor for the ARC 28-58-1 before it was ever flown.

More later....
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Last edited by efflux RC; Feb 02, 2013 at 05:24 PM. Reason: correction
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold 2 PNP Parkzone Habu's - willing to ship jgalexander Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 16 Mar 29, 2012 09:44 PM
For Sale Brand New in pack ParkZone Habu EDF Jet Painted Wing PKZ7020 zsultan Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Nov 15, 2011 12:36 AM
For Sale Brand New in pack ParkZone Habu EDF Jet Painted Wing PKZ7020 zsultan Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Nov 13, 2011 02:40 PM
Sold Brand New Parkzone Habu EDF Jet BNF zsultan Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Nov 07, 2011 01:05 PM
Sold Brand New Parkzone Habu EDF Jet BNF. zsultan Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Nov 07, 2011 01:04 PM