HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:31 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,961 Posts
Has anyone seen what the stock landing gear setup looks like on the H2?
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:40 PM
Jacksonville, Fl.
Joined Jan 2010
981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalexander View Post
Strong,
I always wondered if there were any patent issues with the Meteor. I owned one - sold it. Although the ESC placement is great, the rest of the plane is just so-so. While I run the stock eflite fan/motor setup all day on 5s, there's no freakin way I'd run 5s on the Meteor setup, and on 4s, the Meteor motor started rattling a bit. Also, the Meteor foam is not as forgiving as the Habu's. Not saying the Meteor is a bad plane - it's pretty damn fun - but the two planes aren't the same.
Josh
I have several friends who fly theirs on 5s all the time. It is pretty speedy on 5s but not sure how long they will hold up. Funny thing is the Habu on 4s will beat the Meteor on 4s. But the Habu strugles to keep up when both are on 5s. I have my fan and motor upgraded and am getting 110mph on 5s. I have to respectfully disagree about the foam. In my opinion the Dynam foam is denser and tougher than the bubbley Z-foam. I have seen Meteors take spills that have cause Habu's to break in pieces. I believe the two model are mearly mirror images of each to the point that HH couldnt afford the competition. Of course the die hard PZ fans probably want to choke me about right now.
Strongbow is offline Find More Posts by Strongbow
Last edited by Strongbow; Apr 14, 2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:53 PM
Joined Apr 2010
1,961 Posts
Lol. Hopefully everyone can keep a positive outlook. Thx for the response.
J
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:53 PM
United States, IN, LaGrange
Joined Mar 2007
14 Posts
Great thread, were's my wallet?
joeboxer is offline Find More Posts by joeboxer
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:05 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2006
505 Posts
I pre-ordered within 5 minutes of reading this thread!!!
stvinvegas is offline Find More Posts by stvinvegas
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:14 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,702 Posts
hopefully it doesn't get pushed back since its a airframe they already perfected, but I'm sure It'll get pushed back like every other plane HH. Still it'll be a great plane.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:22 PM
Joined Mar 2006
490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverexpress View Post
Pics of the landing gear at Toledo Show. Just wanted to share these. I purchased the version 1 about 1 month before it was discontinued. I also researched how to put retracts on it, and ordered the wood reinforcement plates ...etc.
Thanks for the pics! Judging from them I'd say it'll be not to hard to put the nosegear aft in the gearbay to turn it into a forward retracting gear. I still wonder why they made it like they have, as is it just looks ridiculous since the strut is now W A Y T O O F A R F O R W A R D in the fuselage when the A/C is viewed from the side.
The way DepronDave has done his (forward retracting) retract kit for the Habu1 looks so much more realistic...

But for the rest of it...I want it, and I want it NOW! (You listening Horizon? Just send me a preproduction sample, and I'll test it for you, and make nice pictures along the way to post them here on RCGroups...)
MartinT is online now Find More Posts by MartinT
Old Apr 15, 2012, 03:05 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
... I still wonder why they made it like they have, ...
Based on my experience from installing retracts on my Habu, I'd say it's easier that way for the steering servo.
Michael in Toronto is offline Find More Posts by Michael in Toronto
Old Apr 15, 2012, 03:23 PM
Lots foam, so little time
northridge California
Joined Oct 2004
1,172 Posts
Hey anyone else notice the extra two wing mounting screws? Looks like they fixed all the issues. I wonder where the ESC is now?
DD
Depron Dave is online now Find More Posts by Depron Dave
Old Apr 15, 2012, 03:34 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,702 Posts
Wow didn't notice that! I also dont like the nose gear retracting back and being so far forward when down. Think they missed on that.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Apr 15, 2012, 06:16 PM
North Royalton, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
397 Posts
I had a nice chat with Matt from Parkzone at the Toledo show. It really sounds like they listened to eveything that customers wanted and put most of it into the V2. This is a really nice looking paint scheme in person. Much better than the V1 scheme in my opinion. I ordered the bare airfram kit and if comes painted like this I don't mind. If it is unpained I will just have to come up with my own scheme. Really looking forward to putting a 10 or 12 blade 70mm fan in there. Should be a lot of fun. I really think this will be an even bigger success than V1. Can't wait for June.
jonnyspeed is offline Find More Posts by jonnyspeed
Old Apr 15, 2012, 06:42 PM
Lots foam, so little time
northridge California
Joined Oct 2004
1,172 Posts
Glad to see that they listened. HH does watch the threads, trust me on that.
This airframe is so popular at my field in SoCal.
Today we had 4 PZhabus and a Habu 32 flying at the same time......Custom paint is needed in these situations
Depron Dave is online now Find More Posts by Depron Dave
Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:04 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,026 Posts
can the habu take off from a gravel road?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:02 PM
Joined Apr 2010
1,961 Posts
If the H2 has the same stock wheels as the H1, I think a gravel road would be possible, provided the gravel was somewhere around a max of 1/8th-1/4th inch thick, or bigger provided the gravel was packed down.
J
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:09 PM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Aug 2010
1,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Wow didn't notice that! I also dont like the nose gear retracting back and being so far forward when down. Think they missed on that.
Being that far forward is a plus for better ground handling.
flydown is online now Find More Posts by flydown