SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 21, 2012, 12:19 PM
CV-63/VR-62
New Haven, MI
Joined Aug 2009
498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashkorey View Post
I don't understand how some guys got theirs when horizons site never said in stock. I pre ordered the day it was announced from hobby zone and didn't get one. Sucks.
They never showed in stock because they weren't able to fill all the pre orders.
Scottmac737 is offline Find More Posts by Scottmac737
Last edited by Scottmac737; Jul 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM. Reason: typo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2012, 03:53 PM
Joined May 2011
621 Posts
Fingers crossed. Expecting one coming Monday
Reef_rc is offline Find More Posts by Reef_rc
Old Jul 21, 2012, 03:54 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2006
505 Posts
I have a tracking number, will post un boxing on Monday for sure!!!
stvinvegas is offline Find More Posts by stvinvegas
Old Jul 21, 2012, 04:21 PM
Ireland, Co. Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2012
316 Posts
To the guys that have there's already...

WHERE ARE THE PICS!!!!?
Quandry is offline Find More Posts by Quandry
Old Jul 21, 2012, 05:18 PM
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Joined Jan 2004
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen4Lfe View Post
Buy both!

I can't speak for the Tomahawk Viper, but my version 1 Habu had a pretty wide flight envelop. I was especially surprised at how well it flies at lower speeds. It really doesn't even need flaps. The only reason I sold it was to get the new one.
I wish I could get both! I had a habu with retracts that I sold. Still debating which to get.
pylot2b is offline Find More Posts by pylot2b
Old Jul 21, 2012, 06:25 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,929 Posts
We have waited forever,,,,, somebody unbox!!!!!!!!!!
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:51 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,929 Posts
PLease.
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:39 AM
United States, NJ, Freehold Township
Joined May 2009
399 Posts
This really pisses me off. I pre ordered the morning it was announced and now I have to waif two more months. They can keep it I'm cancelling. I have been a loyal horizon customer but now I'm done with them.
crashkorey is offline Find More Posts by crashkorey
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:43 AM
Joined Jun 2007
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
We have waited forever,,,,, somebody unbox!!!!!!!!!!
This is how to say it!!!!!! Nice
boolis is offline Find More Posts by boolis
Old Jul 22, 2012, 01:24 AM
Joined Sep 2011
668 Posts
Quote:
This really pisses me off. I pre ordered the morning it was announced and now I have to waif two more months. They can keep it I'm cancelling. I have been a loyal horizon customer but now I'm done with them.
I ordered mine yesterday through amainhobbies.com and should receive it next week. As of RIGHT NOW, their website shows 5 in stock.....get em while you can!!
Mugen4Lfe is offline Find More Posts by Mugen4Lfe
Old Jul 22, 2012, 03:09 AM
SBSS, SVSS, SCCMAS, EBRC
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2004
153 Posts
I just finished mine. The only real problems with the build were the retracts.

When installing the mains, there is no room for the wires. I simply hogged out the foam where the wire enters the foam. The nose gear had two issues. The wire connecting the servo to the retract is about 8mm too long. Simple fix to rebend the wire and cut off the excess. Also, I never did find out what screw they used with the connector. I just used a small 2mm screw I had lying around. The second issue was the nose retract cover. The cutout for the axil needs to be extended forward about 8mm to clear. Check before using the retracts.

Building tip: I found the screws for the stab mounting plats hard to install. A slight tapering with a #11 hobby knife helped a lot.

Modifications: None really are needed except the fixes above. I did use individual channels for each servo (no Y harnesses except for the retract tripple connector). This made it much easier to set throws and center points. For this I swapped out the receiver for a 9-channel JR 921. With more wires, I did have to enlarge the opening leading to the wing. Not a big deal but makes it much easier to not trap a wire. For flaps, I elected to use a Hitec HS-65MG servo. Fits exactly the same.

In all this was an excellant plane to put together. Balance is spot on. All of my batteries are charged -- tomorrow I should get some test flight in.
Don McCullough is offline Find More Posts by Don McCullough
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:45 AM
USA, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jun 2007
334 Posts
I opened a box up at the LHS. I was curious to see if they relocated the esc for cooling or to help with CG since it is now made to accept retracts (added nose weight). I didn't see any design changes for the esc. Anyone know how they addressed these issues?
Heirmeistr is offline Find More Posts by Heirmeistr
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:51 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirmeistr View Post
I opened a box up at the LHS. I was curious to see if they relocated the esc for cooling or to help with CG since it is now made to accept retracts (added nose weight). I didn't see any design changes for the esc. Anyone know how they addressed these issues?
they dont feel with the standard 4 cell setup that cooling is an issue for the ESC. That is what they told me.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:56 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
you might hurry and order one from amainhobbies.com they are still showing as in stock and then cancel your order from horizon. seems like your order just messed up somehow. should have gotten yours. dont get too bitter, this stuff happens and you cant blow off a company because of one messup. In rc planes, cell phones, and all kinds of things, they get delayed longer then what the company says all the time. If you have numerous bad experiences, then you might be justified and not dealing with that company, but one bad experience doesnt justify it. Many MANY people will tell you how awesome the customer service is at Horizon. They have even replaced stuff for me that wasnt even under warranty anymore!
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:14 PM
Joined Sep 2011
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirmeistr View Post
As for CG, the added weight in the front will probably make it fly better. But then again, if adding retracts, there's also more weight added in the center with the mains. So it might even out anyway...
Mugen4Lfe is offline Find More Posts by Mugen4Lfe