HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 14, 2012, 08:14 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
didnt it give you a tracking number in the email saying it shipped? that would prove it did indeed ship. that would be really odd though that since they already said they weren't getting enough to fill all the orders, that someone like yourself that just ordered it would already be getting one. hmmm.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:52 PM
United States, NJ, Freehold Township
Joined May 2009
399 Posts
I heard they should be in Monday
crashkorey is offline Find More Posts by crashkorey
Old Jul 16, 2012, 08:46 PM
Watch This!
Long Island, NY
Joined Aug 2003
52 Posts
It's about time. I came here to find some info, I was about to give up and cancel my order and get something else...

I guess I can wait another week!
pilotError is offline Find More Posts by pilotError
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined Jun 2012
278 Posts
Has anybody actually received shipment? The HH site last I checked (Sunday) showed out of stock on Habu 2 related stuff. Sure would be great if I could get parts for the Habu!!
sothpaw is online now Find More Posts by sothpaw
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:27 PM
Joined Jun 2012
278 Posts
Any new news on expected shipment arrivals? When do you guys think I'd get parts (wing or whole airframe) if ordered now? Is this a crap shoot?
sothpaw is online now Find More Posts by sothpaw
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:53 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Sep 2010
224 Posts
anyone try the 3600kv motor on 5s?
stock is 3200kv

i have a ice 75 already,
fusionsx00 is offline Find More Posts by fusionsx00
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:16 PM
Waddell, AZ
Joined Sep 2010
27 Posts
Here is my power setup for the Habu 2

Hopefully I uploaded the photos correctly.

I am using the Delta V15 fan housing, but with a ChangeSun 10 blade 70mm fan blade. Motor is the BL32 (Habu 32 motor), with a TamJets CS 5mm adapter for the blade. Then I have an ICE Lite 75 mounted in a TamJets BL32 motor heatsink with a tailcone.

The original motor and fan weigh in at 6.5 oz, but this setup weighs 11.0oz (7 inches aft of the CG), which means I can put in a 20oz + battery in the front and still be good on the CG. The ESC is also right in the cooling air of the ducted fan, so no over heating issues.

I will be able to run 5S or 6S on this setup.
wpotter is offline Find More Posts by wpotter
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:20 PM
Waddell, AZ
Joined Sep 2010
27 Posts
FYI, I also added a 1000 microF capacitor to the wiring at the ESC to take care of the ripple, and have a 25 ohm antispark resistor near the EC 5 battery connector. These parts are dirt cheap at Radio Shack.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:16 AM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,929 Posts
what power? watts, amps, thrust? Looked at that motor today at the LHS, rasted at 65 amps.
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:59 AM
Waddell, AZ
Joined Sep 2010
27 Posts
On my Habu 32,with an 80mm stock fan, the motor pulls 70amps. that's about 1400 watts. I read on another thread that it pulls 62 amps on the CS 70 fan with 6S, but have not actually confirmed that yet. I still do not have the airframe yet.

It is better to run a lower KV motor with this fan, that is why I am using the BL32 motor, higher KV will pull more amps, but that will be wasted as heat, not real thrust.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:52 AM
Waddell, AZ
Joined Sep 2010
27 Posts
Power test with CS 70 and BL32

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
what power? watts, amps, thrust? Looked at that motor today at the LHS, rasted at 65 amps.
I set this up in a previously crashed airframe and with a spare wing to provide actual ducting. With a 6S 5000mAh 40C battery, I got 72.5 amps and 1700 Watts. I used a wattmeter in series with the battery, so that will reduce the real output due to the extra wire. I do not currently have the Castle Link, but plan on getting that to get some more data.

On the TamJets site, they sell this setup and indicate 80 Amps, 1800 Watts and 4.1 lb of thrust. My measurements are close to that, and I am sure the battery used can effect the actual numbers to some degree. So even though I could not measure the thrust, it should be around 4 lbs.

I also do not currently have a 5S battery to try. The 6S I have will not fit in the Habu or Habu 2, I will need a smaller capacity. The weight is also way too much, this 6S is 28oz. I want to try a 5S, because it may give a better trade off between power and duration.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:59 PM
Joined Sep 2011
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpotter View Post
I set this up in a previously crashed airframe and with a spare wing to provide actual ducting. With a 6S 5000mAh 40C battery, I got 72.5 amps and 1700 Watts. I used a wattmeter in series with the battery, so that will reduce the real output due to the extra wire. I do not currently have the Castle Link, but plan on getting that to get some more data.

On the TamJets site, they sell this setup and indicate 80 Amps, 1800 Watts and 4.1 lb of thrust. My measurements are close to that, and I am sure the battery used can effect the actual numbers to some degree. So even though I could not measure the thrust, it should be around 4 lbs.

I also do not currently have a 5S battery to try. The 6S I have will not fit in the Habu or Habu 2, I will need a smaller capacity. The weight is also way too much, this 6S is 28oz. I want to try a 5S, because it may give a better trade off between power and duration.
I'm curious to see how it works out for you. Sometimes more is not always better. I wonder what other issues you might run into besides weight. I hope you find a way to make it work. Keep us posted...
Mugen4Lfe is offline Find More Posts by Mugen4Lfe
Old Jul 18, 2012, 05:47 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
1,050 Posts
Yea, Parkzone website now says mid August

S
smaze17 is offline Find More Posts by smaze17
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:45 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,296 Posts
Habu 2 will start shipping in the US tomorrow. I have no information for other territories.

We will not be able to fill all backorders. I believe we're covering all the dealer launch program participants and all consumer backorders, but we won't have open stock after we ship these. Next shipment will be toward the end of August. (Spence, this is why the PKZ website shows Aug availability).
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 18, 2012, 09:14 PM
Joined May 2011
621 Posts
Arrrggg....

nothing else but watch, drink and eat for now until 4th qtr. calendar year.

Can't wait for reviews and first impression to trickle in
Reef_rc is offline Find More Posts by Reef_rc