HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 05, 2012, 03:19 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Won't this retract work as the nose retract? It looks to be upside down. And it's the same brand as the other toysonics one posted.
http://www.toysonics.com/digital-ser...-gear-32g.html

Yep, I think your right. I does look to be the same upside down setup. Cool!!! Wish I'd know about it when I got retracts for my Scimitar.

I did say "Most".

The only thing I might worry about is the weight. It's only 32g where as the E-Flite is 45g which tells me It might not be quit as strong as the e-flite but at $12 who cares. If it breakes your not out a whole lot.
ColoradoHeliNut is offline Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Last edited by ColoradoHeliNut; Jun 05, 2012 at 03:57 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2012, 08:48 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHeliNut View Post
Yep, I think your right. I does look to be the same upside down setup. Cool!!! Wish I'd know about it when I got retracts for my Scimitar.

I did say "Most".

The only thing I might worry about is the weight. It's only 32g where as the E-Flite is 45g which tells me It might not be quit as strong as the e-flite but at $12 who cares. If it breakes your not out a whole lot.
Yup. And the the main retracts posted before were 32g.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Jun 12, 2012, 09:39 AM
Life is simple Eat, Sleep, Fly
Germany, RP, Kaiserslautern
Joined Oct 2011
123 Posts
Does anyone know if the Graupner 193 retracts will work in this Habu 2? The struts looks absolutly awesome and if they work I'd pre order the Habu 2 today and the retracts too!!!

http://www.graupner.de/en/products/e...3/product.aspx

http://www.flyrc.com/504164
Timewarp is offline Find More Posts by Timewarp
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:51 PM
Joined Mar 2006
456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timewarp View Post
Does anyone know if the Graupner 193 retracts will work in this Habu 2? The struts looks absolutly awesome and if they work I'd pre order the Habu 2 today and the retracts too!!!

Don't know if they fit, but they will probably sell for over a hundred euros, while HobbyKing has exactly the same ones for much less...
MartinT is offline Find More Posts by MartinT
Old Jun 14, 2012, 02:05 AM
Bishops Stortford, UK
Joined Dec 2005
157 Posts
Quote:

The struts are readily avaiable if you look around.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALLOY-UNDE...#ht_1169wt_952
Found these on eBay, and Hobby King have them too for $33.
I had a set on a Habu 1 with fixed gear, just chop off the main gear wire and these attach with allen screws.
You will need too modify and enlarge the main gear wheel well to accomodate these gear legs. The retract pocket in the Habu 2 wing look like they are molded just to take a straight main gear leg not one with a trailing link.
I am looking for a suitable sprung straight main gear leg.
Airbusboy is offline Find More Posts by Airbusboy
Old Jun 16, 2012, 11:29 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Nov 2007
1,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydown View Post
Running on 5's with the esc upgrade what is estimated top end of this plane. The retracts should help in this respect due to less drag. My best guess is going to be about 105 mph in level passes.
Gentleman place your bets.

--I run 4s and 5s 3300 all day long with stock 60 amp ESC, fan, and motor. However, I did flush mount the ESC in the intake duct for exceptional cooling. Flip the plane over, take the wing off, and you will see where to mount the stock 60 amp ESC. Trace an outline of the ESC and cut the foam. Top of the cooling fins should be flush with the inside wall of the intake. Tack glue in place. Make a short battery lead extension for the ESC and your good to go. Also move 5s battery back about 1 1/4 inches without cutting through intake duct. Both mods help with CG.

4s is great for touch and go's and general maneuvering, but 5s is definetly another level of power.
G-Forse is offline Find More Posts by G-Forse
Old Jun 17, 2012, 07:17 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,858 Posts
Whats that date again ???
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:52 AM
Italy, Sicily, Palermo
Joined Sep 2006
866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
Don't know if they fit, but they will probably sell for over a hundred euros, while HobbyKing has exactly the same ones for much less...
Can you give me a link o f these retracts from hobby king that can fit the new habu ?
Thank's
FedericoA is offline Find More Posts by FedericoA
Old Jun 21, 2012, 08:09 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2006
505 Posts
Let's start talking about hopping this baby up. Who is gonna use what Fan Motor combo. I know it comes bind and fly, but I also know many of us want MORE than stock...
stvinvegas is offline Find More Posts by stvinvegas
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:06 AM
"LiPo-Blaster"
Duluth, GA
Joined Apr 2009
932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
Whats that date again ???
My local HS (HobbyTown USA) said he was getting one in next week, last week in June.
RugFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RugFlyer
Old Jun 22, 2012, 03:25 PM
CV-63/VR-62
New Haven, MI
Joined Aug 2009
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugFlyer View Post
My local HS (HobbyTown USA) said he was getting one in next week, last week in June.
My LHS says July 10th.
Scottmac737 is offline Find More Posts by Scottmac737
Old Jun 22, 2012, 03:50 PM
Joined Dec 2006
505 Posts
Well when dates start popping up like this, it means its close.
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 22, 2012, 04:22 PM
Life is simple Eat, Sleep, Fly
Germany, RP, Kaiserslautern
Joined Oct 2011
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmac737 View Post
My LHS says July 10th.
Not being a wise guy Scottmac, but I just got through telling my Local Hobby store guy I'll believe it when I see it. I have yet to see a Horizon product come out on time nevertheless I am looking forward to the version 2. I have been putting off getting a habu because I want the version 2 enhancements
Timewarp is offline Find More Posts by Timewarp
Old Jun 22, 2012, 04:28 PM
Joined Dec 2006
505 Posts
Quote:
Not being a wise guy Scottmac, but I just got through telling my Local Hobby store guy I'll believe it when I see it. I have yet to see a Horizon product come out on time nevertheless I am looking forward to the version 2. I have been putting off getting a habu because I want the version 2 enhancements
Well I would agree with you, except that I got my DX18 early.. They said summer and I have had it for a few weeks now. Yay.. HH
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 22, 2012, 04:45 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvinvegas View Post
Well I would agree with you, except that I got my DX18 early.. They said summer and I have had it for a few weeks now. Yay.. HH
Off topic but how do you like the dx18? I really need an upgrade from my dx6i and cant decide between the 8 and the 18.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon