HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 14, 2012, 03:08 PM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Besides, it's easy to change a thread title...
The title mirrors what my original thought was when making the thread, I wasn't sure if the 130x was real or not, hence the question marks.
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2012, 03:46 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post
The title mirrors what my original thought was when making the thread, I wasn't sure if the 130x was real or not, hence the question marks.
Tear down this thread title Mr. Liduno !!

TravisBean is offline Find More Posts by TravisBean
Last edited by TravisBean; Apr 14, 2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 03:53 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinBennett View Post
I don't think you'll notice much difference between the two transmitters when flying the 130x.
Which tx has a better "feel" to it in the hands ?
Old Apr 14, 2012, 04:12 PM
Sussex, UK
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
Joined Jun 2004
7,373 Posts
I've not flown with a DX7s, but I have the old DX7 and often fly with a DX6i when buddy boxing a new pilot, and I forget which one I'm holding (except the trainer switch on the DX7 sucks, which is one reason I usually make the DX6i the master).

I've flown with a DX8 (which seems similar to the DX7s) and it does feel nicer to handle, but I didn't notice much difference when flying.

My advice with transmitters is to buy the best you can afford. There's no point spending all your money on a fabulous Tx if it leaves you unable to buy the models you want, when a DX6i will do everything you actually need - OTOH you'll use the transmitter every time you fly for several years and if you can afford a better one, you'll appreciate it every time you use it. (it's a bit like saying, you don't need a car with leather seats and alloy wheels, but it's quite nice to have)
RobinBennett is offline Find More Posts by RobinBennett
Old Apr 14, 2012, 04:14 PM
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisBean View Post
Tear down this thread title Mr. Liduno !!

I may add some more question marks..lol
Old Apr 14, 2012, 06:17 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,375 Posts
Horizon On the Horizon 4-12-12 (14 min 57 sec)

I really wish they would demonstrate some regular sport flying to show how stable and smooth the heli is. Some sweeping figure eights and what-not.
Somebody equated the non-stop 3d flight to that of a mosquito. Definitely don't loose the 3d, but mix it up a little.
Last edited by TravisBean; Apr 14, 2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 06:40 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,961 Posts
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqi6_...layer_embedded

I really wish they would demonstrate some regular sport flying to show how stable and smooth the heli is. Some sweeping figure eights and what-not.
Somebody equated the non-stop 3d flight to that of a mosquito. Definitely don't loose the 3d, but mix it up a little.
Couldn't agree more. I won't be flying it 3D, I'll be flying it like... well... like a helicopter.
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyZone Sport Cub S BNF
Old Apr 14, 2012, 08:31 PM
Plane Crazy!!!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Joined Sep 2006
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by token44 View Post
Is it just me?

Hoping someone can explain how I'm looking at this wrong, but I'm having a hard time seeing the value in the 130X.

It uses the AS3X system (like the mCPx) and has the shaft driven tail, and a BNF is $279.99 so $100.00 more than the mCPx.

The 300X is $379.99 for the BNF and uses BeastX technology (same as the 450X and 500X) and a belt driven tail.

The AR7200BX found in the 300X is $239.99 all by itself.

Clearly the 130X is aimed at the current 120SR and mCPx users, as it is not much bigger, and has a lot of features, but those that currently fly the 120SR know it's already a bit too big for flying in small indoor spaces, and isn't really great when there's any wind outside because it's FP.

So you're going to fly the 130X outside anyway, why not get one just a bit larger than that, and go for the 300X and get the belt driven tail and BeastX.

The 300X just seems like so much better value.

I agree!

With the price as it is for the 130 I'm probanly going to pick up a T-REX 450 instead!!!!
Kilo60 is offline Find More Posts by Kilo60
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:17 PM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for posting that vid!!! I am very impressed by it's flight performance, it obviously has plenty of power. I agree, I enjoy "large" open space maneuvers, but seeing what this bird can do in a small and tight space confirms that it should be able to do those maneuvers just fine. One of my favorite things to do with my MCPXs is large open flight and I am constantly amazed at how well it does that. Looks like the 130X will be even better at that!
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:32 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I wanted to get the 250 bucks to order one quickly..

Need to cover what I think is going to be a loss on the 50 D02S shafts that I have on order and the other parts I have in stock as I can see sales of the D02S going down hill now..
Bob given what you actually get for $279 I don't see people flocking to the 130x en mass.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:35 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo60 View Post
I agree!

With the price as it is for the 130 I'm probanly going to pick up a T-REX 450 instead!!!!
You could build a nice (i.e. decent quality servos like the $17 Inolabs) FBL Tarot 250 for less than the price of a 130x.

Quote:
A year from now cheap clones of the 130x will be available.
2 years from now there will probably be some decent ones for about $100.
What would be cool is if Tarot or whoever shrunk the 250 down to 150 size and sold it as a bare bones kit and then released a micro ZYX to go with it (take the ZYX board and put it in a thinner plastic case with micro connectors instead of standard)
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Apr 14, 2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:04 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Bob given what you actually get for $279 I don't see people flocking to the 130x en mass.
It is a lot of money for a heli this size.. From the video's it looks like a good 3D flier. BUT I think my customer base on the Walkera's 4*'s & 120*'s slipper clutch is more fliers like myself that just enjoy flying heli's like heli's should fly,, with maybe a loop or flip or roll now and then. Not hard 3D flying. And many bad landings in there or flying off the lawn where the slipper clutch pays for it's self right away..

Funny that I charge what about 10% of the cost of a V120D02S for the slipper clutch and people are happy to get one at this price. But move up to less than 10% of the 130X cost and right away people start screaming it's to much to pay..

I'm actually not sure what I would have to charge to make it worth my while and cover the cost of the parts.. But I can't see spending $280.00 to get one to figure it out,, and the boss I think is going to have a problem with it also.. She knows how much time just doing everything involved with the Walkera ones takes up.. And how little I actually get to fly the 28 or what ever she thinks the heli count is now.. I might just order the parts for the tail and see if I can come up with something.. I have it in my mind already how to do it just need to make sure what I think is there is there and that I have the room needed for the cheap way to work out. My other fear is that Blade will just copy my clutch on theirs and leave me hanging with a big investment and no way out...

I haven't heard about a one-way clutch on the 130X but with the separate tail drive gear mounted to the main shaft as it looks to be I would think one could be used for auto-rotations if it had one installed. Which would be a good selling point to some.. Just think they can set the LVC to stop the motor dead at 7.65 volts and make you do a auto-rotation.. Just like in the old days with the fuel heli's..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:04 PM
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Like mentioned before, they are listed on a few websites for less than $240.

They do come with a battery and charger, that may not matter to people with bigger helis already but for the people like me with just a bunch of blade micro helis, it's not such a bad deal.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:55 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,961 Posts
Quote:
I don't know about that. Alot of people including myself don't really want anything bigger than a 120 regardless of what else they could get for the same price. Look how many in both threads have already said they're down for this. My money is on this being a big seller unless there ends up being something really ed about it.
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyZone Sport Cub S BNF
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:59 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
It is a lot of money for a heli this size.. From the video's it looks like a good 3D flier. BUT I think my customer base on the Walkera's 4*'s & 120*'s slipper clutch is more fliers like myself that just enjoy flying heli's like heli's should fly,, with maybe a loop or flip or roll now and then. Not hard 3D flying. And many bad landings in there or flying off the lawn where the slipper clutch pays for it's self right away..
That's the main reason I went with a 450 V2/Sport clone rather than a Pro. The pro feels hard and robotic to me compared to the softer more graceful response of the Sport. The Pro is a better 3D machine but to me the Sport flies better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
I don't know about that. Alot of people including myself don't really want anything bigger than a 120 regardless of what else they could get for the same price. Look how many in both threads have already said they're down for this. My money is on this being a big seller unless there ends up being something really ed about it.
I thought I would stick with 120's when I started on helicopters last year (anything bigger scared the crap out of me). Then I saw a 600 being flown and was instantly in love with it. So now I'm moving up to a 450 and plan on a 600 sometime next year when I'm confident enough to fly it. I guess I might be more interested in it if I was actually planning on getting any more micros.
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Apr 14, 2012 at 11:11 PM.