HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:27 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
Who did you let fly your new heli? I can't imagine letting someone else fly my new heli especially when parts aren't readily available.
I think "some jerk" meant himself...sarcasm...
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:28 PM
Joined Feb 2011
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
The mSRx was a bad bird in my book. I'm sorry it put you off HH helis as they put out some nice machines. If the mSRx had been my HH experience I may have your reaction as well. The mCPx is a completely different animal. It goes where you tell it and does what you want. I sold off my mCPx. It was completely useless to me.
Your two last sentences seem to contradict each other. Did you mean to say you sold your mSRx?
jscott1 is offline Find More Posts by jscott1
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:30 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
I thought it was a rotten product. Neither me nor my nephew could get that thing to fly right. It just darted off in uncommanded directions... quite the handful. We both love the mCPx in comparison... a very well behaved heli.
I chalked that up to being a fixed pitch heli. I know what you mean (I think)... Coming out of a banked turn it wants to push back against the turn so you have to sort of feather the controls to fly with any sort of accuracy. This is very different from how CP helis behave and therefor can breather frustrating to those (including myself) that want something that flies like a CP heli.

I'd be interested in seeing something the size of the mSRx with the same tame head speed but in a CP setup for fun indoor flying. Is this possible? I do not know... But I'd buy them as soon as they hit the shelves.
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:31 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott1 View Post
Your two last sentences seem to contradict each other. Did you mean to say you sold your mSRx?
I think that's what he meant...

I keep my mSR X and six Hyperion 160 mAh batteries on my office (home) desk at all times. I charge them and fly it all the time in my small room (yes, it's completely controllable with left AND right turns) and do runs through the house, including outside in the back yard. It's a great indoor FBL FP heli and a very good replacement for the old mSR. I predict the mSR X will be a gold standard for FBL indoor helis for a very long time...with people that can fly them...
Last edited by sertav; Jul 02, 2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:34 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
I think "some jerk" meant himself...sarcasm...
I missed the sarcasm. Forgive me I'm old.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:34 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
862 Posts
Quote:
I thought it was a rotten product.
As did a huge percentage of msrx owners but HH never admitted a fault and kept on selling as many as they could even with it's "quirky" behavior and horribly short life span motors. Most all of their products (in my opinion and I'm sure many, many others as well) fall short and don't live up to all the hype they propagate is basically all I was trying to convey. Was also my 666th post and the devil might have been possessing my tired from working with idiots all day today body.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:37 PM
Joined Dec 2011
862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I'd be interested in seeing something the size of the mSRx with the same tame head speed but in a CP setup for fun indoor flying. Is this possible? I do not know... But I'd buy them as soon as they hit the shelves.

Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:38 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
As did a huge percentage of msrx owners but HH never admitted a fault and kept on selling as many as they could even with it's "quirky" behavior and horribly short life span motors. Most all of their products (in my opinion and I'm sure many, many others as well) fall short and don't live up to all the hype they propagate is basically all I was trying to convey. Was also my 666th post and the devil might have been possessing my tired from working with idiots all day today body.
Okay, you hate HH. We get it. Quit posting in a HH product thread. GO AWAY.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:40 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee1017 View Post
I think it's #003. I have bags of #002, #003 and #004 but all mess up inside organizer compartments without labelling, the ones I pick should be #003.

some pilot from helifreak use canopy o-rings.
my 130x came stock with o-rings on the swash and blade grip balls.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:45 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Most all of their products (in my opinion and I'm sure many, many others as well) fall short and don't live up to all the hype they propagate is basically all I was trying to convey.
Really? Honestly? So they are one of the market leaders in this industry because You and "many, many others" think their products suck and fall short of the mark?

They sell a TON of product for a good reason. Now are they the best of the best with all of their offerings? Not even close. But they are better than good enough and there are few that can match their quality and price combo. They bring an awful lot to the table.

Having said that... Do I go to them for everything? Nope. But I recognize and appreciate them for what they are.

I'm not trying to attack you by the way. You're certainly entitled to your opinion...
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:46 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:

What is that? Can't tell...
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:51 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Mini CP
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:51 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Can't tell, either... Probably some weirdo heli that won't bind to anything except a sub-par proprietary TX ...
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:59 PM
Joined Dec 2011
862 Posts
Quote:
Really? Honestly? So they are one of the market leaders in this industry because You and "many, many others" think their products suck and fall short of the mark?

They sell a TON of product for a good reason. Now are they the best of the best with all of their offerings? Not even close. But they are better than good enough and there are few that can match their quality and price combo. They bring an awful lot to the table.

Having said that... Do I go to them for everything? Nope. But I recognize and appreciate them for what they are.

I'm not trying to attack you by the way. You're certainly entitled to your opinion...
Valid points. I might even try out the "v2" 130x eventually. I just got a little excited about it and was let down by all the negative reviews rolling in.

Quote:
Msrx sized and cp. 5,000 rpm headspeed but blades only weigh in around 1g so it won't do much damage.

Mini CP Specification :
1. Main Rotor Diameter : 240mm
2. Tail Rotor Diameter : 42 mm
3. Overall Length : 210mm
4. Weight : 45g
5. Servo : Wk-02-4
6. GYRO : 3-axis
7. Main Motor : Brushed 1220FC
8. Tail Motor : Brushed 0615R
9. Servo : WK-02-4, 2.42g each, Speed 0.12sec/60 (3.0 ~ 4.5V), Dimension 16.5 x 6.8 x 15.7mm
10. Transmitter : Only DEVO Series
11. Battery : 3.7V 200mAh Li-Po (5-6 Minutes Flight Time)
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Valid points. I might even try out the "v2" 130x eventually. I just got a little excited about it and was let down by all the negative reviews rolling in.

Msrx sized and cp. 5,000 rpm headspeed but blades only weigh in around 1g so it won't do much damage.

Mini CP Specification :
1. Main Rotor Diameter : 240mm
2. Tail Rotor Diameter : 42 mm
3. Overall Length : 210mm
4. Weight : 45g
5. Servo : Wk-02-4
6. GYRO : 3-axis
7. Main Motor : Brushed 1220FC
8. Tail Motor : Brushed 0615R
9. Servo : WK-02-4, 2.42g each, Speed 0.12sec/60 (3.0 ~ 4.5V), Dimension 16.5 x 6.8 x 15.7mm
10. Transmitter : Only DEVO Series
11. Battery : 3.7V 200mAh Li-Po (5-6 Minutes Flight Time)
Proprietary Walkera sub-standard TX.

Parts availability at your LHS for that Walkera bird? On-line shipping to your door in 2-3 days from Horizon or a multitude of other heli retailers? Don't think so...
Last edited by sertav; Jul 02, 2012 at 10:13 PM.