Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 01, 2012, 07:18 PM
Why kamikaze pilot wear helmet
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Jul 2010
1,074 Posts
So quick question.

I have been throwing this little beast around and haveing fun.

So the question, am I expecting to much but this little guy dose not feel locked in as my Trex600 Pro.

Now I want to say I have only been flying helis for 5 months and I'm doing mild 3d working a lot on backwards flight etc. with this little guy I feel like I'm sloppy and need to use a lot more rudder to keep things inline.

Or could these be becouse I have to put 6 clicks of right trim to keep the tail from drifting ?
mikes68charger is online now Find More Posts by mikes68charger
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2012, 07:52 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOOMNI View Post
... if the 130x pans out as I think it will I would get the 130x. The 300 is too close in size to the 450. The small trex 200 or 250 is it called is nice but man the headspeed is rather high and dangerous too as my buddy has one and I feel it should be also flown in a safe field. The mcpx and I believe the 130x would be great in your backyard. ,,street ,,and I dont think either will be as big a threat to other rc fliers and innocent victims.
Thanks & that's exactly what I'm looking for, small & be able to fly anywhere.
I go to: 2 HUGE RC park fields & we do have a community park with nice grass that's barely used plus @ our own club with runway. ALL are close to my house (1-7min away).
- small helis will not bother plane fliers like me flying at the same time @ the park.
- While at our club field, for safety reasons/rules, only one RC is allowed if it's a heli. Which makes ALL the pilots wait before anyone could fly. This, for me, I don't want to cause on others, so I am not considering the 450 as an option.
- Spyro
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Jul 01, 2012, 07:56 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
Good to hear. I wonder how many of these people have had *crash issues* and just aren't admitting it. I do have to wonder about that teeny, tiny torque tube, though. How is it supported inside the boom? Just a bearing at the very front and back at the tail case? Seems like, with it being as thin as it is, you could get some twist/whip action going on like we used to get in the bad old days of wire drive tails when loading and unloading the tail quickly.
look like 2 bearings what you said. I may confirm later if I crash and have to dis-assemble the torque tube to replace parts
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Jul 01, 2012, 07:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
- While at our club field, for safety reasons/rules, only one RC is allowed if it's a heli. Which makes ALL the pilots wait before anyone could fly.
They don't even have a hover/test area off to the side?
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:07 PM
Joined Aug 2004
76 Posts
I thought I would share with you a video of my son and his 130,
Blade 130X Indoors with Hamish Scott (4 min 12 sec)

regards,
Alexis
smallcirrus is offline Find More Posts by smallcirrus
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:35 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Just back back from the club meeting at an enclosed basketball gym. The owner of the LHS brought in a 130x and did two flights with it. Mild 3D, front flips, back flips, forward roll, backward roll. I am surprised how quiet this little heli is. Had some tail vibration just before lift off and some vibration in the canopy area a couple of times. Someone HeliFreak tried using 130X canopy grommets in place of the standard ones on the swashplate linkage and it seem to clear up the canopy vibration. Overall I am impressed with this heli. Some minor bugs to work out.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:47 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
They don't even have a hover/test area off to the side?
We don't. Our runway is on top of a hill. very beautiful place but aircraft either lands on the runway, cockpit, or down the hill. Top of the hill was "chopped" for the purpose.
There is another huge huge semi developed land unlimited airspace & 0.5mi from my house great for helis, flat dirt. I fly fixed wings, so I don't go there...
-Spyro
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:55 PM
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallcirrus View Post
I thought I would share with you a video of my son and his 130,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9LpTnRoxV8
regards,
Alexis
Wow!
That video reminds me of my first flight .
LOL,
-Spyro
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 01, 2012, 11:05 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
Awesome flying! I saw this vid on HeliFreak yesterday and it blew me away. Do you know how long this guy has been flying heli's?

Bob
5 or 6 years. In the early days, he spent hours on the sim. Since we met a few years back, he "laid to rest" more than a few helis and transmitters from the aggressive flying. I was at the shop yesterday and after taking his lunch break, he broke out the bird and flew in into the ceiling and bounced it off of the walls and floor. He just picked it up, straightened the blades and flew again. This heli can take a good beating.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Old Jul 01, 2012, 11:20 PM
Trailer Down By The River
Joined Sep 2004
473 Posts
quote]]Thanks & that's exactly what I'm looking for, small & be able to fly anywhere.quote]]

Cheaper batteries and so more of them ,,the ability to fly most anywhere and thus more time on the sticks,,you will progress much faster!
Have fun and fly safe!
TURBOOMNI is offline Find More Posts by TURBOOMNI
Old Jul 02, 2012, 07:39 AM
God is my pilot
United States, MI, Kalamazoo Township
Joined Aug 2006
2,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg View Post
Well I just had my first sucessful hover, with the 130x, of a radio control heli for the first time in 20 years.

I first flew r/c helicopters starting in 1985 with a GMP Cricket. I was the only heli flyer in my club, and in the area, for years before a couple guys started in the early '90's. Learned to hover with the Cricket (without a gyro at first), learned forward flight with a GMP/Hirobo Shuttle, learned aerobatics on a Kyosho Concept DX then later a SE, and finally messed around with a GMP Rebel before getting burned out with heli's in '91. I have flown r/c since the summer of '73 and after giving up heli's in '91 never felt the urge to fly them again until a flying buddy started back up again with a mcPx.

Anyway, it took me a few tries to re-sync my brain and after having it flop around a few times I was able to pop it off the ground and was able to lock it into a solid hover for rest of the battery. I even moved it around slowly and landed it back on the spot on the driveway I took off from. Heady stuff for 54 year old guy who wishes I had the reflexes I had 20 years ago.

The technology in this little bird is incredible compared to the heli's I used to fly and the convenience of being able to practice in the front yard will be a big plus as I knock 20 plus years of rust off my skills. Going to need more batteries....

dawg
I tried to learn on a cricket back in the day... Finally learned on a MCPx
JimTMich is online now Find More Posts by JimTMich
Old Jul 02, 2012, 08:33 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,256 Posts
Man... can we change the title of this thread? It bugs me for some reason!! LOL!
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jul 02, 2012, 11:03 AM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Man... can we change the title of this thread? It bugs me for some reason!! LOL!
The title reflects what I was thinking when I made this thread.

There was nothing on the blade website about the 130x when the ad in my link was posted, I wasn't sure if it was a prank or not.
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Old Jul 02, 2012, 11:06 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post

There was nothing on the blade website about the 130x when the ad in my link was posted, I wasn't sure if it was a prank or not.
You can still change the title of the thread if you want. Just go to the original post, press the "Edit" button and then press the "Go Advance" button.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jul 02, 2012, 11:14 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post

Sorry man... not knocking your title choice at the time it was developed. I knew why you probably selected it.

I'm just pointing out that it may be time for it to be changed. But it's not a huge deal or anything...
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm