HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 30, 2012, 07:20 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
I know. I can't use my programmable charger with the 130x battery either.
My 120 SR came with JST connectors and I really thought the 130X would have them.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2012, 07:25 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
My 120 SR came with JST connectors and I really thought the 130X would have them.

Bob
One of the guys at the LHS said he is going to change his 130X connectors to micro dean connectors.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Jun 30, 2012, 07:29 PM
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
One of the guys at the LHS said he is going to change his 130X connectors to micro dean connectors.
I wish somebody would come up with a video and show how this is done. My electrical knowledge is extremely limited. The battery on the 130X has three wires in the connector and only two wires in the esc (I think). My JST connector have two wires only so I would be afraid to to put them on without a video for fear of burning up my board.

Bob
Old Jun 30, 2012, 07:31 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,676 Posts
Quote:
I wish somebody would come up with a video and show how this is done. My electrical knowledge is extremely limited. The battery on the 130X has three wires in the connector and only two wires in the esc (I think). My JST connector have two wires only so I would be afraid to to put them on without a video for fear of burning up my board.

Bob

Post some pics of the connectors that come stock on the ESC of the 130X as well as the connectors on the stock battery.

This way we can see what we are working with.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Jun 30, 2012, 07:34 PM
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Post some pics of the connectors that come stock on the ESC of the 130X as well as the connectors on the stock battery.

Okay, let me go down into the studio (garage) and take some photos.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 07:36 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Aren't the connectors the same as the mCPx?
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Jun 30, 2012, 07:38 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
Quote:
I wonder why Blade didn't put JST connectors on the batteries and ESC? Now I can't balance or parallel charge with those e-flite connectors.

Bob
Quote:
I know. I can't use my programmable charger with the 130x battery either.
Most of us who fly the 2s UMX planes have been balance-charging these 2s packs with our programmable chargers since back when the V1 Beast came out. Just get a UMX Beast charge-adapter harness from Glenn at RC-Connectors.com. http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...index&cPath=66

Progressive RC also makes them:

http://www.progressiverc.com/jst-ph-...beast-umx.html

http://www.progressiverc.com/paralle...beast-umx.html

As does Eflite:

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...odID=EFLA700UM

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...dID=EFLA7001UM

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 30, 2012, 07:42 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Aren't the connectors the same as the mCPx?
Turnerm,

The 130X is 2s, and it uses the same connector as the 2s UMX planes (JST 'PH' 3-pin).

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; Jun 30, 2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 07:43 PM
United States, CT
Joined Apr 2012
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Most of us who fly the 2s UMX planes have been balance-charging these 2s packs with our programmable chargers since back when the V1 Beast came out. Just get a UMX Beast charge-adapter harness from Glenn at RC-Connectors.com. http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...index&cPath=66

Progressive RC also makes them:

http://www.progressiverc.com/jst-ph-...beast-umx.html

http://www.progressiverc.com/paralle...beast-umx.html

As does Eflite:

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...odID=EFLA700UM

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...dID=EFLA7001UM

Joel
Thanks Joel

I'm about 85% sure that EFLA7001UM is the one you need to charge/balance the 130 X battery. That's the one I was going to order to use with my Celectra 80W charger.
Sudsak is offline Find More Posts by Sudsak
Old Jun 30, 2012, 07:47 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
I don't understand how these 2S batteries balance without a separate lead to go to a balance board. I've never had batteries like this and I don't believe my charger would charge in "balance mode" without giving me some kind of disconnect error because there's nothing plugged into the balance circuit. Do they just automatically balance every time they charge, regardless of the charger?
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 30, 2012, 07:49 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Turnerm,

The 130X is 2s, and it uses the same connector as the 2s UMX planes (JST 'PH' 3-pin).

Joel
Cool. Thanks.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 07:58 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsak View Post
Thanks Joel

I'm about 85% sure that EFLA7001UM is the one you need to charge/balance the 130 X battery. That's the one I was going to order to use with my Celectra 80W charger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
I don't understand how these 2S batteries balance without a separate lead to go to a balance board. I've never had batteries like this and I don't believe my charger would charge in "balance mode" without giving me some kind of disconnect error because there's nothing plugged into the balance circuit. Do they just automatically balance every time they charge, regardless of the charger?
Sudsak,

You're welcome. Just to clarify - all of the harnesses I listed will charge the 130X battery. The difference between the two Elfite harnesses is the balance-tap plug. One is for Thunder Power-style balance-boards, while the the other is for XH-style boards.

Sertav,

The charge-harnesses I listed in my earlier post solve that problem by providing banana plugs for charging charge & a balance connector for balancing. As I said - most of us who fly the 2s UMX planes have been doing this for about 1.5 years already.

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:04 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Sertav,

The charge-harnesses I listed in my earlier post solve that problem by providing banana plugs for charging charge & a balance connector for balancing. As I said - most of us who fly the 2s UMX planes have been doing this for about 1.5 years already.

Joel
Thanks for the help. I didn't click on the larger pictures to see the whole adapter. Makes sense now. One more question, if you don't mind... With the 6 battery adapter from Progressive, do you just add the capacities for an overall C rating like you do with charging multiple 1S batteries in parallel?

Also, for anyone else in the know... Is Hyperion making batteries that will work with the 130 X yet?
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:12 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
Thanks for the help. I didn't click on the larger pictures to see the whole adapter. Makes sense now. One more question, if you don't mind... With the 6 battery adapter from Progressive, do you just add the capacities for an overall C rating like you do with charging multiple 1S batteries in parallel?

Also, for anyone else in the know... Is Hyperion making batteries that will work with the 130 X yet?
Yea. Just multiply the amps per battery by 6. So if you're doing 300mah batts at 3c you'd charge each one at .9 amps and you'd charge 6 (using this cable) at 5.4 amps.

Contact Rcbabbel on these forums. He rolls his own Hyperions (babbelbats) and they are awesome. He has some for the 130x I believe.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:12 PM
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post

Photos as requested.