SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 01, 2013, 05:15 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwock View Post
The advice I've seen suggests spraying the open linear servo tracks (behind the servo rod connector) with a small amount 5% Deoxit D5 about once per five flights, or whenever you get servo jitters. Others open the servo for cleaning occasionally but that risks stripping threads during assembly/disassembly. Without cleaning and lubricating they wear out or gum up quickly I'm told.

I use a different lubricated contact cleaner because Deoxit is stupidly expensive here.

I haven't been flying it for long enough to know if this method is effective, but it sounds reasonable to me, and it was suggested by experienced pilots elsewhere.
Yes... good advice. But we use Deoxit Fader. Here's my favorite place to get it. They give you candy as well as the best price and free shipping and confirmation calls and, and, and... http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FaderLubeS/
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2013, 11:34 PM
Joined Nov 2010
321 Posts
130X at the shop/work

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362202364.113221.jpg
Views: 69
Size: 145.6 KB
Description:

Flipped it indoors for the first time for some customers. Flipping my Nano is second nature whereas flipping the 130X is pucker city! Clipped the tail and broke the fin and another Lynx CF TT. (Junk)
iTz Nicholas72 is offline Find More Posts by iTz Nicholas72
Old Mar 02, 2013, 01:13 AM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Yup, don't like the Lynx CF TT either. Touched the tail blades to the concrete while hovering inverted, and the TT failed at the B gear. Lucky for me that I found the B gear on the driveway - those things are expensive.
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Old Mar 02, 2013, 08:32 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2013
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboy90277 View Post
Yup, don't like the Lynx CF TT either. Touched the tail blades to the concrete while hovering inverted, and the TT failed at the B gear. Lucky for me that I found the B gear on the driveway - those things are expensive.
Interesting. I have a pack of two Lynx CF TTs that I haven't tried yet. They were all the rave when they first came out. As for the B gear, Xtreme now sells each metal gear individually, so you don't have to buy what you don't need from Horizon.
GoNavy93 is offline Find More Posts by GoNavy93
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 02, 2013, 08:52 AM
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNavy93 View Post
Interesting. I have a pack of two Lynx CF TTs that I haven't tried yet. They were all the rave when they first came out. As for the B gear, Xtreme now sells each metal gear individually, so you don't have to buy what you don't need from Horizon.
Found out about the individual B gear after spending the money for the full set just to get the B.

The Lynx CF TTs are fine up to the point the tail hits anything. Then it shreds, especially with all metal gears. I'm sure pilots who rarely crash will like them, but I'm not one of them.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 08:59 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2013
79 Posts
Quote:
Found out about the individual B gear after spending the money for the full set just to get the B.

The Lynx CF TTs are fine up to the point the tail hits anything. Then it shreds, especially with all metal gears. I'm sure pilots who rarely crash will like them, but I'm not one of them.
I wonder how well CA debonder works to get a metal C gear off a trashed CF TT.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 09:35 AM
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNavy93 View Post
I wonder how well CA debonder works to get a metal C gear off a trashed CF TT.
I used a pinion puller to push it out.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 09:45 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2013
79 Posts
Quote:
I used a pinion puller to push it out.
Good idea. I need to pick one of those up.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:57 PM
Joined Nov 2010
321 Posts
Flew another 3 packs through my 130X practicing front and back flips indoors.

Broke yet another tail fin and partially stripped my main gear with some minor damage the the blades all around.

Hopefully Monday it will warm up and I might have a chance to fly outdoors for the first time in over a week lol.

Ordered myself the HH metal tail gears and the MH weighted grips with hardened tail shaft.

Should be all the tail bling for a while. Nothing else planned unless I break the swash or another main grip.
iTz Nicholas72 is offline Find More Posts by iTz Nicholas72
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:06 AM
Inverted Airfield
Iowa
Joined Nov 2009
151 Posts
I had a couple of Lynx carbon TT's on reserve while I was waiting for the xtreme metal 'c' gear to be restocked. After reading some posts, I think I will cancel that order and get some of the Blade metal gears with stock TT instead. I will probably only install the 'c' gear though. I haven't had any issues with the 'd' gear yet.
HeliFax is offline Find More Posts by HeliFax
Old Mar 03, 2013, 11:20 AM
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
This why CF TTs on my micros wasn't meant to be. I abuse the out of these things. I stripped a few teeth out of the main gear right off the bat, and didn't bring a spare. So rather than pack it up, I kept flying until it wouldn't fly anymore. I'll say this, with an all metal gear train for the tail, the 130X is a pretty durable heli.

She's all fixed up and ready to go another round.

Abusing my 130X (4 min 35 sec)
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:43 PM
Spicy Torque Roll!
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,827 Posts
Fun with the 130x!

RCTV Episode 2! Fun with the Blade 130x in HD! (6 min 29 sec)
[/youtube]
volcomsnows2k is offline Find More Posts by volcomsnows2k
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by volcomsnows2k; Mar 03, 2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:49 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
I was told this heli has alot of problems out of the box. So I thought I'd come here and see.
I'm wanting to make the jump to CP's because they fly well in the wind. I'm not wanting to jump into 3D just fly around outside.
I'm a beginner as far as CP's go but I'm very experienced in airplanes and limited experience in fp's.
I bought a V911 and took it out side. This was a big no no because the heli bug bit me hard and I recognized how really limited this heli is and unless it's dead calm she's grounded for outside use.
I'm not really big into flying indoors much as I'm married and live in a apartment.
I'd say the biggest thing the airplanes have taught me in crossing over to heli's is too stay away from junk
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:57 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
I was told this heli has alot of problems out of the box. So I thought I'd come here and see.
I'm wanting to make the jump to CP's because they fly well in the wind. I'm not wanting to jump into 3D just fly around outside.
I'm a beginner as far as CP's go but I'm very experienced in airplanes and limited experience in fp's.
I bought a V911 and took it out side. This was a big no no because the heli bug bit me hard and I recognized how really limited this heli is and unless it's dead calm she's grounded for outside use.
I'm not really big into flying indoors much as I'm married and live in a apartment.
I'd say the biggest thing the airplanes have taught me in crossing over to heli's is too stay away from junk

I recommend the mCPX BL since you have some flying experience. If you have a programmable tx you can tame it while you get used to it. Give yourself plenty of space and learn to use throttle hold when you are about to lose control. Fly over grass if possible. It is pretty durable and flies very well in wind.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Mar 04, 2013, 01:41 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,202 Posts
Quote:
I just put one on my spare 130X (my main one still has a metal TT), and I don't see an appreciable reduction in vibes. I still have a transient startup resonance part way through the spool up (same as the metal TT) and a nice smooth operation once I hit flight RPMs (same as the metal TT).

I was going to bring both 130Xs to the field this weekend for some more spirited testing, but I think my spare has a bad board. In normal mode, all is great; on idle up mode 1 (75% flat throttle curve), it wants to go right; on idle up mode 2 (90% flat throttle curve), it really wants to lean left - almost put it into the wall, but luckily my finger was still on the switch and was able to put it into IU mode 1. This spare has never flown right from day 1 regardless of all the upgrades and balancing - ordered a new board to see if it fixes things. Contemplated talking to HH about the problem, but I've been talking to them so much on this and my other helis, that they probably think I'm trying to rip them off. This will be the 4th replacement board I've had to buy (mCPX v2, nCPX, mCPX BL, and now the 130X).
1. Make sure there is no left aileron trim , which you probably checked already.
2. Nake sure that all sub trims are on zero, which you probably checked too.
3. Otherwise, I will swap the swash of the good 130 and your bad 130, which could be another suspect.
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build