SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:01 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,340 Posts
Great job Jboy,,,,,, Seems like we are about the same as far as skillz.
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:18 AM
Joined Nov 2010
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
Great job Jboy,,,,,, Seems like we are about the same as far as skillz.
Garry K.
Same here. Nose in inverted FTW!!!
iTz Nicholas72 is offline Find More Posts by iTz Nicholas72
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:51 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
Try setting AUX2 to AUX2 instead of GYRO in the INPUT SELECT page of the system menu. Page 73 of the manual I have.

Not sure it matters any way. Pretty sure the 130X ignores the gyro gain channel.
You have to enter programming mode to adjust the gains.

Pat MacKenzie
Thanks, I will try that.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:57 AM
Joined Dec 2011
677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
Ok that was a good idea. I removed the main and tail blades and spooled it up in idle up 100% throttle. all servos were working at first. Then i twisted the heli back and forth in my hand to excersise the 3 axis gyro a bit and bam, no more rudder servo control. I did some more flipping the heli around in my hand and i lost the elevator servo control as well.. various cyclic servos were drifting in and out of letting me control them or not. The tail servo was dead the entire time.

Next I spun the tail servo gears by hand to see if they would kick in like the servo was stuck or something but nothing. I spooled all the way down and still no rudder servo control, then all the sudden the servo motor kicked back in and I could control it.

It must be the 3 in 1....?
Don't know that for sure. I had very similar behavior with a rounded c gear (know yours is all metal) when spooling up and down and I think the 3 in 1 stops functioning when it gets confused. Now the question is what is confusing it? In my case the c gear was slipping and even though it tried to correct it couldn't, and stopped functioning. Having said that, I have recently lost all servos functioning...
deonjams is online now Find More Posts by deonjams
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:07 AM
Joined Nov 2010
321 Posts
Going to fly my 130X with my MH pitch slider tomorrow morning! Has just a hair of slop which I blame on the blade grips.

Them off to RadioShack to get some Deoxit for my micros. Should be flying better than ever!!!
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:32 AM
Joined Nov 2010
321 Posts
Flying great except I think the TT is rubbing against the boom giving me that nice coffee grinder noise.

No adjusting to the gains and the tail is now rock solid on flips with no shaking!
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:12 PM
United States, MN, Minnetonka
Joined Feb 2013
20 Posts
Finally got to fly outside

We finally had a nice day here in MN so I got a chance to take my 130x outside for the first time. I'm a pretty new pilot, just a couple months on a nano, so it was a bit nerve racking. But wow did it fly nice. Was a fun to get some basic FF and turns in instead of just careful hovering in my living room.

The only downside is that it made the cabin fever worse and we have a least another month until the snow starts to melt. I guess I'll use the time to try to figure out this coffee grinder noise and try to get the tail nice and balanced.
Skrymir is offline Find More Posts by Skrymir
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 25, 2013, 02:12 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrymir View Post
We finally had a nice day here in MN so I got a chance to take my 130x outside for the first time. I'm a pretty new pilot, just a couple months on a nano, so it was a bit nerve racking. But wow did it fly nice. Was a fun to get some basic FF and turns in instead of just careful hovering in my living room.

The only downside is that it made the cabin fever worse and we have a least another month until the snow starts to melt. I guess I'll use the time to try to figure out this coffee grinder noise and try to get the tail nice and balanced.
We'll have to get together sometime!
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:03 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,673 Posts
What are some good parts to stock up on?
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:20 AM
if pigs could fly!
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Feb 2013
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
What are some good parts to stock up on?
metal "A" gear upgrade if not already installed the 130X you picked up (should be a one-time upgrade ), tail rotor gear set (if possible the metal upgrades if they're available at your LHS), and I'd say tail rotor blade grips too.
RyoOhki1701 is online now Find More Posts by RyoOhki1701
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:30 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
The only beneficial metal upgrade are aluminum swashplate, metal A gear
and tail pitch slider. Anything else is bling. I have two 130X's and both flew great out of the box. They do have some spool up vibs at 30% throttle but, not in flight. Other than metal A gear mine are stock. Keep a couple sets of tail gears on hand.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:23 AM
Joined Feb 2011
4,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoOhki1701 View Post
metal "A" gear upgrade if not already installed the 130X you picked up (should be a one-time upgrade ), tail rotor gear set (if possible the metal upgrades if they're available at your LHS), and I'd say tail rotor blade grips too.
I don't have an LHs. Everything is online order. Where can I get some metal tail gears?
Thanks!
Alex
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:15 AM
Joined Dec 2011
677 Posts
Quote:
I don't have an LHs. Everything is online order. Where can I get some metal tail gears?
Thanks!
Alex
From HH directly if they will ship to you.

Got a second 130x shipped in from a hobby shop in the US and I was surprised that HH have not checked or fixed what they know are issues. Pity that the one I got was just before the metal A gear upgrade but I have those anyway as spare so will just run the plastic ones until they fail.

Issue 1 - plastic A gear touches front servo. This is a known issue and I could not even get paper through. Nothing that a drill and file can not fix (standard diameter 14.5mm, take it down to 14.2mm for paper thickness clearance), but I am really surprised that they have not fixed this. If it was not for lessons learned from the first 130x then I may not have noticed it until too late.

Issue 2 - TT in the wrong way round. Obvious problem - TT touching tail shaft. Turned TT around (short flat at tail), and it's fine. Bad QC.

While the TT was out, gave it a light oil just to see if it helps the minor vibes on spool up - no difference.

Despite its known issues and the fact that my first 130x 3 in 1 board just failed for no obvious reason (worked fine, then just went funny overnight), still one of my favorite helis
deonjams is online now Find More Posts by deonjams
Old Feb 26, 2013, 02:34 PM
if pigs could fly!
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Feb 2013
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Thanks!
Alex
I'm not familiar with the online vendors in the US, you should check for the following reference with your usual dealers

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...rodID=BLH3736A

the site says they're due may 2013 but some sites in Europe say they have them already, such as http://www.align-trex.co.uk/130x-met...-blh3736a.html

other "compatible" providers like Xtreme have had their own version of the parts for quite some time but I didn't get the best feedback on them.

If you can't find the metal gears, I still believe the plastic tail gears (BLH3736) will hold for some time as long as the tail doesn't vibrate too much, and doesn't take too many hits... Mine gave up after a couple rough landings and the tail got caught in long grass. At least their not too expensive, it's just a little troublesome to replace them if you don't have fairy fingers
RyoOhki1701 is online now Find More Posts by RyoOhki1701
Old Feb 26, 2013, 02:43 PM
United States, MN, Minnetonka
Joined Feb 2013
20 Posts
Is there a trick to getting the tail blade grips off the shaft? I've cranked on those screws pretty good and they don't come loose. I checked the exploded view in the manual to see if they are reverse threaded or something but they aren't even on the diagram.

Also, has anyone used the Lynx carbon TTs? If so, what were your thoughts on them?
Skrymir is offline Find More Posts by Skrymir
RCG Plus Member