SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:21 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboy90277 View Post
Anyways, I put off the rebuild of my 130Xs and ordered a couple of carbon fiber TTs from Helidirect. I'll give them a real world test when they come in. That's probably the only reliable way to see if it will be better.
One pros of the CF TT is the weight saving.
I have not done it on my 130, but was not really happy when I did the same mod on my V120s. For that reason, I am not thrilled about the CF TT upgrade on the 130X.
After you've done several flights, please post what you think and PM me if you may, as I don't visit the thread much.
I've had my first 130X since it was released. Have had 100s of flights on my first one. Not that many (+/- 100) on my second 130X. My second, which is my spare 130 does not fly as much because it does not fly good 3D as good as the 1st 130X, due to metal head upgrades (extra weight). The great thing with my spare 130 is, it's metal tail and head, so very little to no down time even on crashes. Don't want to go to the field, and not be able to enjoy flying if something goes wrong with my 1st 130 with stock plastic head.
Both has metal tail. Both helis doesn't give me trouble. Out of the box, had lots of tail vib, but were fixed immediately.
- Spyro
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:11 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Servo Power Supply Failures

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
It was definitely fried but I have it fixed up and it will be shipped in the morning.
When the servo power supply dies is it as simple as replacing the AMS1117 voltage regulator or does it usually take something else out?

Mine also died the other day. HH has one out to me but they made me break mine in half and send them the photo before they would send out the new one.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Feb 20, 2013, 05:38 PM
USA, AR, Fort Smith
Joined Jun 2007
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboy90277 View Post
Anyways, I put off the rebuild of my 130Xs and ordered a couple of carbon fiber TTs from Helidirect. I'll give them a real world test when they come in. That's probably the only reliable way to see if it will be better.
I'm very interested in how the CF TT works!

What is the outside diameter of the stock TT?
rcflyair is online now Find More Posts by rcflyair
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:53 PM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyair View Post
I'm very interested in how the CF TT works!

What is the outside diameter of the stock TT?
The stock TT is 1.5mm.

I was looking for something to put into the tail boom to keep the metal TT from rattling around. I found that the 130X's tail spindle sleeve (the one that goes between the D gear and the opposite flange bearing) fits perfectly. I shoved one halfway down into the tail boom and it seemed to help with the TT resonance. I still had a narrow band during spin up where it wanted wanted to vibrate, but not nearly as much as before. Once airborne, all was good with little vibration. Hopefully this keeps my bearings from disintegrating like before.
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:19 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
I have several Lipo packs I'm trying out for this heli
all are being put on a 3amp load with my charger for 3min
that is the max I can pull with my charger
My packs I'm trying out....
Thunder Power 325mah 65c ( 21.125a )
Nano-Tech 350mah 65c ( 22.75a )
Hyperion 500mah 35c ( 17.5a )
Xtreme 450mah 65c ( 29.25a )
Pulse 450mah 30c ( 13.5a )
Giant Power 450mah 50c ( 22.5a )
Got another pack to add to the list that came today
Hawk Power 450mah 65c ( 29.25a )

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129 View Post
high c batts wont put out the max until they hit a certain temp, they will really shine when hit with higher amps, my thunder power 325 65c packs put out good consistent power, hyperion also makes good packs as well.
Ok, so I tried this by heating up the TP pack to 122*f and what do you know?
the voltage under my 3a load for 3min did go up
and to be fair I tried it on 3 other packs in the list, and well their voltage went up to!
but don't tell anyone that the Nano pulled passed the TP when heated up
so far my two $10 packs ( Hawk Power and Pulse ) packs are on top
with the Xtreme not far behind
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
Last edited by brushless55; Feb 20, 2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:48 PM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:

and to be fair I tried it on 3 other packs in the list, and well their voltage went up to!
thunder power battery is rated at 21.125 amps now, you wont be able to pull that because the connector will be your bottle neck. find out the max rating the connector can handle, run the batts at that load, see which has the higher voltage under load, my guess is the nano will be decent for 2-3 dozen cycles, but it will hit a point where it will fade fast, the thunder power will last a long time and backed by a warranty. all lipos have a sweet spot when heated up. but I do appreciate you posting info about different batteries, its good for the rc community to hear consumer reviews. The reality is most batteries will be fine for this application, once you get into larger, more expensive aircraft it becomes more important.
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Last edited by keithy4129; Feb 20, 2013 at 11:50 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 21, 2013, 02:06 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,652 Posts
Quote:

It would be quite interesting to know the weights of each of these packs.

If the two 450 packs are heavier then it only makes sense that they could produce higher power output. You could "correct" your currents by the relative weight of each pack to get an idea of power to weight for each one.
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:14 AM
Joined Nov 2011
3,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129 View Post
thunder power battery is rated at 21.125 amps now, you wont be able to pull that because the connector will be your bottle neck. find out the max rating the connector can handle, run the batts at that load, see which has the higher voltage under load, my guess is the nano will be decent for 2-3 dozen cycles, but it will hit a point where it will fade fast, the thunder power will last a long time and backed by a warranty. all lipos have a sweet spot when heated up. but I do appreciate you posting info about different batteries, its good for the rc community to hear consumer reviews. The reality is most batteries will be fine for this application, once you get into larger, more expensive aircraft it becomes more important.
all my lipos have the same little UM connector on it, so that part makes this fair and I agree we would melt these bitty connectors under that much power
I've done 1amp, 2amp, and 3amp loads multiple times now and even though the TP is rated at about top of the list it does not perform at top of my list of lipos I am playing with...
the more load I give the TP the more heat the pack generates and the lower the voltage goes
I don't think there is a way the TP could begin to produce the advertised amp rating even with the right connector

and I agree that anyone of these batteries I'm playing with work just fine for this litte heli...
and the $8 and $10 packs are my fav right now

and again this is just me having some fun and finding out where I will be putting more cash for more lipos
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:16 AM
Joined Nov 2011
3,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
It would be quite interesting to know the weights of each of these packs.

If the two 450 packs are heavier then it only makes sense that they could produce higher power output. You could "correct" your currents by the relative weight of each pack to get an idea of power to weight for each one.
that is something I'm thinking of doing..
I do want to weigh out each pack just to know that much for now..
I do have a verifiable scale at work that is calibrated every 6 months do to the work we do...
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:23 AM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Hey guys, My 130 x tail has started vibrating pretty bad and I am trying to sort it out. Ive tried tape on th blades... no luck, replaced blades, no luck, changed out berrings on the microheli tail case.. only hting left to try really is the tail shaft and my screw broke off on my new one so I cant try until I buy another new one.

Does anyone know what bearings fit in the microheli tail case? Do the stock ones?
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:16 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
Hey guys, My 130 x tail has started vibrating pretty bad and I am trying to sort it out. Ive tried tape on th blades... no luck, replaced blades, no luck, changed out berrings on the microheli tail case.. only hting left to try really is the tail shaft and my screw broke off on my new one so I cant try until I buy another new one.

Does anyone know what bearings fit in the microheli tail case? Do the stock ones?
Not a bearing answer, but my buddy just had the same issue, and the metal tail gears fixed his vibe problem.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:28 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Not a bearing answer, but my buddy just had the same issue, and the metal tail gears fixed his vibe problem.
Not me. I tried that too. Mines got:

Microheli tail case (has been working great till now)
Rkh blade grips
Kbbd tail blades (had a piece of tape that stopped any vibrations before now).
Metal a,b,c, and d gears
Microheli pitch slider
Replaced stock pitch slider rocker arm
No play in shaft / tail case - replaced bearings.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:39 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
Not me. I tried that too. Mines got:

Microheli tail case (has been working great till now)
Rkh blade grips
Kbbd tail blades (had a piece of tape that stopped any vibrations before now).
Metal a,b,c, and d gears
Microheli pitch slider
Replaced stock pitch slider rocker arm
No play in shaft / tail case - replaced bearings.
I heard there are weighted tail grips for the vibration problem as well.

I haven't seen them myself.......
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:22 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
I heard there are weighted tail grips for the vibration problem as well.

I haven't seen them myself.......
Ya. Heard of those too
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:40 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Well, I think I am over this heli for good now. Its great when it works but a money pit when it doesnt. I dont even want to think about how much money I have sank into this thing.

I went to the LHS and got another tail shaft. then it through a blade grip.. anyway finally I got it to not vibrate but now the tail kicks out like CRAZY like almost a ful 360 on a pitch pump..

I think I'm going to sell it. I just put another brand new servo on it. its got all metal gears. RKH parts and a bunch of spares and 2 batteries. not sure what its all worth since it needs work but its good for parts at least.