HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:56 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
What are the dimensions of the stock batteries?

Do the TP batts fit with ease?

Thanks
The TP 325 65c packs and the new Hyp 400 & 500 35c packs fit under the canopy just fine without any modifications at all. Just strap them down on the battery tray like you do with any other pack. The CG is pretty close to neutral with the TP 325 65c & Hyp 400 35c packs. The bird is slightly nose-heavy with the Hyp 500s, but not enough to notice when sport-flying or doing basic aerobatics.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:22 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
The TP 325 65c packs and the new Hyp 400 & 500 35c packs fit under the canopy just fine without any modifications at all. Just strap them down on the battery tray like you do with any other pack. The CG is pretty close to neutral with the TP 325 65c & Hyp 400 35c packs. The bird is slightly nose-heavy with the Hyp 500s, but not enough to notice when sport-flying or doing basic aerobatics.

Joel
Cool thanks,

I will get a few.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:02 AM
Joined Nov 2010
315 Posts
White wrap for my extended tail boom supports

iTz Nicholas72 is offline Find More Posts by iTz Nicholas72
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:56 AM
Beating air into submission!
Joined Aug 2011
1,855 Posts
After three months of flying my 130x today it loses the bind to my DX8 and it will not rebind. Tried to bind it to a DX7 with no connection happening.. Any ideas or has the board gone to RC heaven?
GrahamWilson is offline Find More Posts by GrahamWilson
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:11 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,235 Posts
Call HH and tell them what's up. They're usually very good at replacing a bad part.
Garry K.
garryk is online now Find More Posts by garryk
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:35 AM
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamWilson View Post
After three months of flying my 130x today it loses the bind to my DX8 and it will not rebind. Tried to bind it to a DX7 with no connection happening.. Any ideas or has the board gone to RC heaven?
unplug your motor and servos, connect the battery to the rx and on your tx set your troutle to 100% position hold the bind mode while making on your tx.
rynldgalano is offline Find More Posts by rynldgalano
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:37 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jun 2012
44 Posts
Pitch curve on the 130X using DX6i?

After lurking for a long time, I finally purchased a 130X and am setting up my Spektrum DX6i based on the values in the 130X manual.

However, I don't seem to be setting the pitch curve properly. The 130X manual shows settings for Normal, Stunt and Hold.

It was my understanding that to select Normal mode on the DX6i, I set the switch marked "Gear / F Mode" to 0 (zero) and to select Stunt mode, I set the switch to 1.

However, no matter what I set the pitch curve for Normal mode, and regardless of the F Mode switch position, I get full pitch (negative to positive) with the collective stick movement.

I even set the pitch curve for Normal mode to 50% for all 5 positions, and I still get full pitch change when I move the collective stick (with the F Mode switch in either position).

Am I using the wrong switch to select Normal/Stunt mode?

I'm a beginner with collective pitch and really don't want to start with any negative pitch until I get a better feel for the helicopter.

Thanks,
MarkEHansen is offline Find More Posts by MarkEHansen
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:44 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,607 Posts
Are you checking with the throttle hold on?
It has its own pitch curve and will take priority over any other flight mode.

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:17 PM
Joined Jun 2012
44 Posts
Thanks Pat. That was it. I went down this path because when I reduced to low collective while in low hover, I saw the heli get pulled down to the ground. However, *that* was probably due to the pitch at low collective (in normal mode) being just a little to low. The book says to set it to 30%, but I'll try starting at 35% or maybe 40%.

Thanks again for your help. I knew it had to be something silly
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:55 PM
Joined Jun 2012
44 Posts
That didn't take too long. I cracked the landing skids on the 130X. I tried using super glue, but I can't get it to bond. I've tried the two brands that I have: Gorilla Glue and Krazy Glue. Both say to hold the parts together for 30 seconds, which I've done. As soon as a let go, the parts just come back apart. Can this type of plastic not be bonded with super glue, or am I using the wrong type?

Thanks,
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:00 PM
Joined Jun 2012
44 Posts
Also, does anyone know of a set of training gear that I can buy for this sized helicopter? I looked on the Horizon Hobby web site and didn't see anything. Is it considered unnecessary for such a small helicopter?

Thanks,
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:02 PM
Louisville, Colorado
Joined Oct 2007
316 Posts
I have yet to break a landing skid, but I've been amazed at how well this Plastruct Plastic Weld (Google that to see a picture) works on other parts made of the same plastic. In my experience, stuff that gets hard (CA and Epoxy) isn't much use on this type of flexible, waxy plastic. Others have reported success with hot glue as well - also flexible.
CatBird is online now Find More Posts by CatBird
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:03 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEHansen View Post
That didn't take too long. I cracked the landing skids on the 130X. I tried using super glue, but I can't get it to bond. I've tried the two brands that I have: Gorilla Glue and Krazy Glue. Both say to hold the parts together for 30 seconds, which I've done. As soon as a let go, the parts just come back apart. Can this type of plastic not be bonded with super glue, or am I using the wrong type?

Thanks,
Guess not I've found a couple of layers of heat shrink tubing to work well while waiting for the replacements to arrive just go easy on them. Haven't had luck with glue. I also haven't tried melting them together with a soldering iron.

There is training gear out there. I think a saw them at HeliDirect.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:05 PM
Joined Jun 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
Guess not I've found a couple of layers of heat shrink tubing to work well while waiting for the replacements to arrive just go easy on them. Haven't had luck with glue. I also haven't tried melting them together with a soldering iron.

There is training gear out there. I think a saw them at HeliDirect.
Heh, if I could go easy on it, I probably wouldn't have broken it in the first place

Seriously though, thanks to you both for the advice.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:14 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,276 Posts
I had this crazy buzzing vibration thing going on in the tail shaft
so I pulled the tail shaft and put several drops of thick oil on it, re installed the shaft and dang it is smooth as butter now!!
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55