Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:15 AM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Does anybody even have the mCPX BL yet? My LHS doesn't have any?
I got mine, and it is quite powerful. I wish the flip and roll rate were faster. I upped my trav. adjust and D/R, but still seems slower than my 130's. My nano's flip faster. Anyway, it flies like a big bird though, and can take up a lot of space when doing some 3D and ff. It was really weird in the beginning because I am so used to the fast flips on my other heli's. I ended up dumping it because of it. Cracked canopy and lost link. Haven't done the hot glue mod, but will tomorrow. Anyway, that is my 2 cents.

J
jabsten is online now Find More Posts by jabsten
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:17 AM
Can't get enough
Joined May 2010
2,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
There is only one choice if you want to experience the full performance of the aircraft. The TP 325 65c pack. The new Hyperion 400 & 500 mAh VX 35c packs are the best-performing packs for sport & endurance flying, but they're a bit heavy for all-out 3D.

Joel
Those lipos are too big for this guy. You would have to mod the landing gear, and go from there. I am quite happy with the stock packs. I have 4, which is more than enough for me. I think the T.P. packs would add more weight. I can step out back when my daughter is in her play pen, and do a couple flights.

J
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:20 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eranrc View Post
Thanks buddy! Yes, here's a link to the battery : http://www.xtreme-production.com/xtr...oducts_id=1526
awesome!
One on its way
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:25 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
I got mine, and it is quite powerful. I wish the flip and roll rate were faster. I upped my trav. adjust and D/R, but still seems slower than my 130's. My nano's flip faster. Anyway, it flies like a big bird though, and can take up a lot of space when doing some 3D and ff. It was really weird in the beginning because I am so used to the fast flips on my other heli's. I ended up dumping it because of it. Cracked canopy and lost link. Haven't done the hot glue mod, but will tomorrow. Anyway, that is my 2 cents.

J
SLOW.......?

Blade mCPX BL. With Hamish Scott (4 min 31 sec)
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:09 AM
Louisville, Colorado
Joined Oct 2007
307 Posts
I've been liking my nanotech 450's from HobbyKing. More capacity, more head speed, 1 gram heavier, barely bigger, and not bad on price. I did have to wait about a month for them to come in stock and ship to me, though.
CatBird is offline Find More Posts by CatBird
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:18 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,528 Posts
Quote:
Those lipos are too big for this guy. You would have to mod the landing gear, and go from there. I am quite happy with the stock packs. I have 4, which is more than enough for me. I think the T.P. packs would add more weight. I can step out back when my daughter is in her play pen, and do a couple flights.

J
No they're not. I use them all the time, as do many, many others. The TP 325 is ideal for all-out 3D. Remember - we were discussing packs for the 130X.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:27 AM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
No they're not. I use them all the time, as do many, many others. The TP 325 is ideal for all-out 3D. Remember - we were discussing packs for the 130X.

Joel
Yup I use the TP 325s for the 130X too. They fit just fine on the battery tray with the stock motor.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:47 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,673 Posts
Now that have a 130x on it's way, any suggestions on GOOD batteries???

Anything that doesnt say E-Flite or TP on them will do
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:49 AM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post

if you dont wanna use thunderpower, then I would go with Hyperion.
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:53 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post

Huh... my TP 65C 325's are the best thing my 130x has ever seen. And with a 12C charge rate I only need 2!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:43 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Huh... my TP 65C 325's are the best thing my 130x has ever seen. And with a 12C charge rate I only need 2!
Ok, I might give them a try.

Every TP pack I have ever tried 4s - 6s has been garbage.

I am sure they can handle 2s.

Thanks
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:06 PM
Can't get enough
Joined May 2010
2,206 Posts
Quote:

Joel
I thought you meant the MCP x bl. I use the TPs on my 130, but prefer the 400 new Hyperions.

J
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:09 PM
Can't get enough
Joined May 2010
2,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
I've already seen that...I own the bl and can tell you it doesn't flip as fast as the nano or the 130. Do you own one? Also If you read the thread, I'm not alone.

J
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:08 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,528 Posts
Quote:
I thought you meant the MCP x bl. I use the TPs on my 130, but prefer the 400 new Hyperions.

J
LOL! Yeah, they'd be just a bit much for that bird! The battery tray on the BL doesn't look wide enough for a Hyp 240, which would likely be my pack of choice. No matter, given that I won't be buying the BL. However, I'm sure that Dylan will come out with a new battery mount that will accommodate a Hyp 240 pack.

I also like the new Hyp 400s in the 130X. Good punch, great flight-times, and they have a very minimal effect on the CG. At 22.15g, they're only 1.35g heavier than my TP 325s; whereas my Hyp 500s weigh 26.5g. I've been flying with the Hyp 500s, as well. They're great for endurance flying, and the forward CG & extra weight don't seem to be an issue for sport-flying or basic aerobatics such as loops, rolls, and flips. But I also love the TP pack's 12c charge rate & excellent installed power-to-weight. I think I'll keep a few of each on-hand.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:19 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,673 Posts
lipos

What are the dimensions of the stock batteries?

Do the TP batts fit with ease?

Thanks