HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:25 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,340 Posts
Well my Spin 8800KV motor got a few flights in today. It does have quite a bit more power and head speed. I still can't get the tick tocks like I can on the simulator though. I can make the sim heli climb on front to back and side to side tick tocks, but this is more like rainbows. The side ones aren't as bad, but still not there. Could it be because the servos are too slow?
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:30 AM
Joined Dec 2011
677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo60 View Post
130x or BL MCPX...???

Which one do you all prefer as my next buy?
Having experienced both, 130x. Why so?

- more stable
- more power
- better aerobatic capability, flies as its on rails, mcpx-bl more mushy
- mcpx may be more durable in a crash, but 130x certainly ok, depends on the crash

Have just replaced c gear on 130x, otherwise standard, after 6 months. Have an annoying tail wag on mcpx-bl I can't get rid of, tried increasing and decreasing gain, some changes in tail response but wag remains. Have a wag on my 130x as well now after changing to ds35 tail servo, thinking of changing the tail box. Don't want to change back to linear servo at this stage. Wag on both only during hovering, disappears when flying around
deonjams is offline Find More Posts by deonjams
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:50 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,882 Posts
I have the MCPx V2 and love it
I also have the 130X and love it, but love it more!!
feels like a much bigger heli than what it is
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:43 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,810 Posts
I have to chime in again. They really hit one out of the ball-park with the 130x. In addition to fantastic flying, it's really durable. Most recently, I went in nose-first into concrete. The canopy exploded, so that'll be another $15... but there was NO mechanical damage at all! (But you must hit TH!) Before that I shattered the tail boom. I simply wrapped it in dental floss and applied some CA. I kept the rotor turning while the CA hardened so the drive shaft wouldn't get stuck. And it flew fine after that!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:51 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,850 Posts
Still debating on 130x or mcpx bl. SO many pros and cons.

I just don't want a high maintenance heli.

My 300x and 450x are soldiers. I have 100 flights between them and never have issues. Unless they hit the ground of course.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:00 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Still debating on 130x or mcpx bl. SO many pros and cons.

I just don't want a high maintenance heli.

My 300x and 450x are soldiers. I have 100 flights between them and never have issues. Unless they hit the ground of course.
Maybe you missed my post just above yours? My 130x is a soldier too, even if you hit the ground, and hard!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:56 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,335 Posts
130x vs mcpx v1,v2, or bl = 130x!!!!!
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:36 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,154 Posts
I agree with Erkq 100%! The 130X is unquestionably the best-flying micro that's currently available, and it is by far the toughest driven-tail 3D heli ever produced. Sure, it requires a bit more preventative maintenance than a large belt-tail bird - but then that is to be expected on a micro with its higher head-speed and a gear-driven tail that spends its life at 20,000 RPM. The 130X flies so well and it is so versatile that any issue regarding maintenance is trival.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:15 PM
Plane Crazy!!!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Joined Sep 2006
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
I agree with Erkq 100%! The 130X is unquestionably the best-flying micro that's currently available, and it is by far the toughest driven-tail 3D heli ever produced. Sure, it requires a bit more preventative maintenance than a large belt-tail bird - but then that is to be expected on a micro with its higher head-speed and a gear-driven tail that spends its life at 20,000 RPM. The 130X flies so well and it is so versatile that any issue regarding maintenance is trival.

Joel

Hmmmm...

I think I'll go with the 130X then...!

However the recent sale on them with the included metal gear and extra battery from HH are making me nervous that they will discontinue this one soon???
Kilo60 is offline Find More Posts by Kilo60
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:22 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,340 Posts
No way will they discontinue this one. If they did it would be suicide.
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:13 PM
Joined Dec 2011
677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
No way will they discontinue this one. If they did it would be suicide.
Garry K.
Even if they bring out a v2, this current 130x deal is worth it. The new mcpx-bl sells for $229.99, and to me not a huge improvement on the mcpx, which was already very good as an initial cp experience, so expect a 130x v2 to be expensive. I ordered a 2nd 130x before this deal, and still think it worth it
deonjams is offline Find More Posts by deonjams
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:01 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,154 Posts
Quote:
Hmmmm...

However the recent sale on them with the included metal gear and extra battery from HH are making me nervous that they will discontinue this one soon???
Go for it! I get in more stick-time with the 130X than any heli I've ever owned. Never did get the hang of aerobatics with my mCPX V1 brushless. Within my first hour of flying the 130X, I was doing consistent flips & rolls, flying high-speed & low-speed figure-eights, and I had also done my first loop. I learned more in the first week of flying the 130X than I learned in a year of flying my mCPX & a year of chasing the horrible BSR around the parking lot before that.

As Garry mentioned - I doubt that this one will be discontinued anytime soon. Maybe a few upgrades here & there, but the basic heli itself is excellent. It's by far the best-flying micro out there today. Plus, it flies just like a 400, so everything you learn on it translates directly to larger birds (unlike the mCPX & nCPX). I use it as an outdoor sim for my 300X.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; Feb 11, 2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:34 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post

Joel
I agree with this completely. See... I knew you understood my point.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:35 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,882 Posts
Quote:
Hmmmm...

do it
I'm loving mine and drooling over the 300x
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:35 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,850 Posts
Well I just bought a 130x.

So I guess I made my decision between the 130 and the mcpx bl
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123