HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:49 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
Sounds like the runaway servo issue that Spyro found with Deviation Devo 8 for DSMX currently under development. What other helis is it working ok with? Other 6 channels?
I fly a Nano that works perfectly. Also an MCPX (v2) and I'm setting up a 300x too. (Haven't flown the 300X yet because of snow - I just got it)
I'm still using the DSM2 protocol on everything until a stable version is released with the DSMX.
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Last edited by Rain4LA; Feb 05, 2013 at 11:51 AM. Reason: correction
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:51 AM
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Which Deviation and Tx?
Devo 8s and Deviation 2.1.1

Any help would be appreciated. I've asked for help over there, but no answers yet. I don;t think many people with 130X's are using Deviation.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:54 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Sounds like the runaway servo issue that Spyro found with Deviation Devo 8 for DSMX currently under development. What other helis is it working ok with? Other 6 channels?
Yeah, quirks can be expected for a modded firmware. Though I have read it works decent with a few micro models.

I sold my devo8's and devo 12 so I don't/wont run a deviated software. To me modding firmware while a cool idea it is asking for many unknown issues to come about. Even more so with 120 size and larger as it really becomes a safety issue. I would never stand next to someone with modded FW and flying a 300 size.. Even a 130 could do some serious damage..

If you think about it, if the big guys can have issues on their software after countless hours of testing, how much worse can it be on a custom FW
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:58 AM
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Yeah, quirks can be expected for a modded firmware.

I sold my devo8's and devo 12 so I don't/wont run a deviated software. To me modding firmware while a cool idea it is asking for many unknown issues to come about. Even more so with 120 size and larger as it really becomes a safety issue

If you think about it, if the big guys can have issues on their software after countless hours of testing, How much worse can it be on a custom FW
This guy PhracturedBlue is really good. I've read countless situations of people having this same issue with the 130X's using Spektrum Tx's. I'm not changing Tx's, I'm just looking for a solution...
Thanks guys!
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:00 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA View Post
This guy PhracturedBlue is really good. I've read countless situations of people having this same issue with the 130X's using Spektrum Tx's. I'm not changing Tx's, I'm just looking for a solution...
Thanks guys!
I dont care how good someone is, think about the big boys and how much money they throw at them and still have issues. I am not saying change your radio, just saying I wouldnt do it!

Have fun and stay safe with that 300x
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:02 PM
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
I dont care how good someone is and I am not saying change your radio, just saying I wouldnt do it!

Have fun and stay safe with that 300x
It's all good.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:04 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
It's all good.
Do you have a spek tx or know someone who does to test it with?
If it is a bad board HH will fix it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:29 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,344 Posts
Have there been many motor failures on this heli ??
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:36 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
I have only read of one some time back. Can't remember where but, think it was on the HF forum. These motors are solid. My 130x has well over 200 flights on OEM motor and it is running strong after many crashes.
J_skaggs is online now Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:38 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
It's not a problem that's reported often. The stock 130X motor is a brushless in-runner. The main points of failure would be bearings which can also be lubricated very occasionally to increase service life. With no brushes to wear or burn out, you'd expect them to be OK except for the occasional random duffer, and it seems they are.
Thwock is offline Find More Posts by Thwock
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:51 PM
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwock View Post
It's not a problem that's reported often. The stock 130X motor is a brushless in-runner. The main points of failure would be bearings which can also be lubricated very occasionally to increase service life. With no brushes to wear or burn out, you'd expect them to be OK except for the occasional random duffer, and it seems they are.
It's not the motor that's wanting to pull it over. I just implemented some settings from the Deviation forum for the 130x where the guy programmed in some sub-trims . It seemed to have really helped a lot. Now my problem is that I have violent shaking/wobbling when it gets in the air. I can only assume that this is mechanical, and probably due to one of the many aluminum mods I recently installed.
I'm going to make a quick video and see if any of you extremely kind people have any suggestions.

Thank you so much. I am still a newb and have a tendency to bite off more than I can chew. So if that's frustrating to anyone, you've been warned. It's not to late to bail out now!
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:56 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
It's not the motor that's wanting to pull it over. I just implemented some settings from the Deviation forum for the 130x where the guy programmed in some sub-trims . It seemed to have really helped a lot. Now my problem is that I have violent shaking/wobbling when it gets in the air. I can only assume that this is mechanical, and probably due to one of the many aluminum mods I recently installed.
I'm going to make a quick video and see if any of you extremely kind people have any suggestions.

Thank you so much. I am still a newb and have a tendency to bite off more than I can chew. So if that's frustrating to anyone, you've been warned. It's not to late to bail out now!
You can rule out Deviation out by re-install the WK FW. But, I'm really curious if it's a runway servo.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:56 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,306 Posts
Quote:
It's not the motor that's wanting to pull it over.
He's having a different conversation. Not everything is about you.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:58 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Never seen a motor pulling a heli over
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:17 PM
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Wait what? It's not?