HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:45 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
Crashed and broke another canopy mount. Know HT doesn't have any because I just picked up the last set this morning.

Going to use toothpicks 0.o hahahaha
1.8 mm CF rod/ paper clip/ RC planes pushrods will do as well without the pegs.
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:51 AM
Joined Dec 2011
638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoOhki1701 View Post
Hi there,

newcomer here with my DX6i / 130X combo. Will be reading and monitoring this thread closely.

Always been a fixed wing guy but since I toyed around with a mCX, then a mSR, I died to try CP. Went a bit with Phoenix, then saw the 130X, fell in love, got it. Boy did this love bite me back Although I can hover all right and am bashfully starting forward flight, so far the bride has been acting a little bit b***y.

- "A" gear gave out after five flights (upgraded with metal option)
- one of the AC blades popped out on its own after landing in the grass, somehow it seems the grass went in and jammed the AC - ball link torn on the grip (replaced both grips)
- "D" gear wear caused AC shaft to start slipping out in about ten flights. Replaced, will probably be upgrading both tail gears when the Blade metal options are available.
- and finally, had a case of bad gyro centering : couldn't understand at first why the heli drifted in flight or sometimes wanted to flip over when taking off, but found about the "why" through research. Close inspection indeed revealed the cyclic went progressively full right at spool up with motor disconnected. Subtrim (12 clicks to the left) seems to correct the issue.

and all of this with no crash, yet. Now here I am : 130X now hopefully 100% operational waiting for its next flight!
Not supposed to use subtrim on fbl systems - sounds like a bad gyro
deonjams is offline Find More Posts by deonjams
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:26 AM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoOhki1701 View Post
Thanks.

well, it does seem some 130X have a less-than-perfectly calibrated gyro, at least that's what I read, and it seems there's no guarantee a new mainboard won't be moreless "off" as well. I'm new to AS3X and FBL systems as well, but if subtrim only can fix my issue, I'll be a happy camper.

I'll report back on it
Sub-trims may work as band aid but shouldn't be used on a FBL. I'd research a warranty replacement. It can't hurt. If you get another bad one, which I highly doubt, sent that one back also. Don't start off your CP experience with something that's not right.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:27 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,660 Posts
Drift issue

My 130X had the same drifting issue, and the cyclic would also heel-over to starboard during testing. HH sent me a new board at no cost, but it had a tail-gyro issue. I ended up going back to the original board. I solved the problem with regular trim - which worked just fine on this bird. Evidently, the 130X's version of AS3X interprets trim a bit differently than the others.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:43 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
My 130X had the same drifting issue, and the cyclic would also heel-over to starboard during testing. HH sent me a new board at no cost, but it had a tail-gyro issue. I ended up going back to the original board. I solved the problem with regular trim - which worked just fine on this bird. Evidently, the 130X's version of AS3X interprets trim a bit differently than the others.

Joel
I'm having this problem. I can hardly get this this thing off the ground. I mean it is really being difficult. If there's anything you can tell me specifically about solving the problem of this thing wanting to tip over at take-off, I would appreciate it. I even feel like it's having a hard time pushing up to get enough positive pitch to take off. It just want to slam sideways or forward,
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:00 AM
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
The swash is being pushed forward during spool-up, making it impossible to get off the ground. I was watching this happen.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:05 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA View Post
The swash is being pushed forward during spool-up, making it impossible to get off the ground. I was watching this happen.
What does it do in throttle hold?

What transmitter are you using, and how have you got it programmed?
It should be set to "single servo" for CCPM type.
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:08 AM
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
What does it do in throttle hold?

What transmitter are you using, and how have you got it programmed?
It should be set to "single servo" for CCPM type.
I'm still new at this PLUS I'm using Deviation on my Devo 8s. It works on my other Blade helicopters, but I'm not sure how to set the CCPM at "single servo" with this firmware. I'm waiting for an answer over there. Thanks!
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:19 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
I unplugged my motor to see what the swash would do on spool up. Not moving the heli it very, very, slowly tips to the right. What does yours do?
Last edited by lasakro; Feb 05, 2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:32 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
You set it up as "normal" for swash
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:41 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Sounds like the runaway servo issue that Spyro found with Deviation Devo 8 for DSMX currently under development. What other helis is it working ok with? Other 6 channels?
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:45 AM
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Yeah, I'm assuming that's "none" on Deviation. So that's right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
I unplugged my motor to see what the swash would do on spool up. Not moving the heli it very, very, slowly tips to the right. What does yours do?
It slowly pushes forward until it wants to throw itself into a somersault. Frustrating.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:48 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA View Post
Yeah, I'm assuming that's "none" on Deviation. So that's right.

It slowly pushes forward until it wants to throw itself into a somersault. Frustrating.
Which Deviation and Tx?