HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:06 AM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
You might also consider the new metal gears.
They just came out, so not much reviews on them yet.

This guy here on the video is using one:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post23874451

I think they are a bit pricey.
Don't get me wrong because I like the idea of metal but the force needs to go somewhere. It may just get absorbed into the TT. Don't know.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:45 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,169 Posts
Yes, & hopefully someone would share their experience with metal tail gears, if it adds durability or just extra $s with little extra benefit.
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:52 AM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhenderson View Post
Don't think that's even possible, especially in flight. You have to enter an entirely different menu during aircraft initialization to get adjustable gains. And, then you have to reset the aircraft back to normal flight mode.
I don't know a thing about adjusting the gyro gain other than it is possible some how. That is why I asked. How would I do that without a Spektrum Transmitter? I don't need to adjust in flight, I thought it was adjusted with channel 5 using the transmitter
jlk69 is offline Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:03 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk69 View Post
I don't know a thing about adjusting the gyro gain other than it is possible some how. That is why I asked. How would I do that without a Spektrum Transmitter? I don't need to adjust in flight, I thought it was adjusted with channel 5 using the transmitter
Report 6151 has a link to the instructions on gain adjustment. All you need is a DSM2 or DSMX transmitter. I don't think it's possible to adjust with Ch 5.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:20 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,063 Posts
Flew my 130x and on the maiden realized that where I fly over grass and with trees in the background, the green/yellow/black pseudo-camouflaged stock canopy is practically custom made to blend in and disappear! As Liz Lemon might exasperatedly say: "What the What?!?!?"

So, as I was recently picking up various other hobby goodies, I also bought a 'brightly colored' canopy from the LHS. Once home I checked the price, construction, etc, I realized I had bought a Fusano custom canopy. While it's terrific looking, but pricey, it also adds like 10 or 12 grams front weight and the CG is clearly off, esp when doing piros. The canopy is also fiberglass, so one good impact, or even accidentally tweaking of the side 'ears' from taking it off and on can lead to damage.

So that's been taken off and will be my 'show' canopy.

Stopped by LHS to buy a thin plastic orange or yellow or anything but stock canopy, and of course.... bin full of twenty stock canopies, and not another to be found... except yet another custom painted expensive and heavy Fusano.

I am the least artistic person in the world, but I couldn't take it. So I just put some blue tape over the top of the canopy, and sprayed some Testor's orange over the bottom side.

Added to the orange blades, and then using a Q-tip to hit the rear fin with orange, it actually doesn't look *too* horrible, and will hopefully be a lot more visible out on the field today.

Conspiracy Theory of The Day: HH purposely designed the stock canopy to blend in, in order to make you feel the need to buy an upgrade.
tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Last edited by tracknoob; Feb 03, 2013 at 05:54 AM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:50 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk69 View Post
Very simple: (less than 60 sec procedure)

1. Turn ON Radio
2. Move throttle stick to 100%
3. Plug-in your 130's lipo. Then you will see COLORED FLASHING LIGHTS on the gyro board, which means you're on PROGRAMMING MODE
TO DECREASE RUDDER GAIN:
4. Move the elevator stick (up or down) to 'till you see blue light only (no other colors should appear). *Blue = Rudder GREEN = Ail RED = Elev
5. Move the Aileron twice to the left to decrease rudder gain by two steps, (3X to the left to decrease 3steps etc.).
6. Unplug the lipo TO SAVE changes
7. Turn OFF radio.
8. DONE

To go back to default gyro settings
1. Turn ON Radio
3. Plug-in your 130's lipo. Then you will see COLORED FLASHING LIGHTS on the gyro board, which means you're on PROGRAMMING MODE
4. Move the rudder stick to the right once
5. Unplug the lipo TO SAVE changes
6. Turn OFF radio.
7. DONE

Blade 130 x Gyro Gain Programming (3 min 39 sec)

NOTE: IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT ALL YOUR THROWS ARE ON 100%, INCLUDING THROTTLE (dual rates and travel adjust) BEFORE YOU START THE PROCEDURE
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Feb 03, 2013 at 06:07 AM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:14 AM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Flew my 130x and on the maiden realized that where I fly over grass and with trees in the background, the green/yellow/black pseudo-camouflaged stock canopy is practically custom made to blend in and disappear! As Liz Lemon might exasperatedly say: "What the What?!?!?"
Conspiracy Theory of The Day: HH purposely designed the stock canopy to blend in, in order to make you feel the need to buy an upgrade.
+1 lol
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:45 PM
Joined Nov 2010
321 Posts
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359917111.252028.jpg
Views: 77
Size: 109.1 KB
Description:

Ouchies
iTz Nicholas72 is offline Find More Posts by iTz Nicholas72
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:30 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post

Microheli love can hurt!

tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:31 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
Dang bro...(Dont take offense to this ..Not meant that way ) But if you dont play guitar or piano. you need to. You have the fingers for it.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:44 PM
Joined Nov 2010
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
Dang bro...(Dont take offense to this ..Not meant that way ) But if you dont play guitar or piano. you need to. You have the fingers for it.
You don't even know how many times I've been told that. Sadly I never learned to play an instrument and with the nerve damage I have in my left hand I don't think it's much of an option at this point.
iTz Nicholas72 is offline Find More Posts by iTz Nicholas72
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:02 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
Yeah... and he keeps his nails clean.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:50 PM View Post
steelers.dean - crvnation
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. Show it to me anyway.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:47 AM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
Very simple: (less than 60 sec procedure)

1. Turn ON Radio
TO DECREASE RUDDER GAIN:
4. Move the elevator stick (up or down) to 'till you see blue light only (no other colors should appear). *Blue = Rudder GREEN = Ail RED = Elev
5. Move the Aileron twice to the left to decrease rudder gain by two steps, (3X to the left to decrease 3steps etc.).
6. Unplug the lipo TO SAVE changes
7. Turn OFF radio.
8. DONE

To go back to default gyro settings
1. Turn ON Radio
4. Move the rudder stick to the right once
5. Unplug the lipo TO SAVE changes
6. Turn OFF radio.
7. DONE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwNb...e=results_main

NOTE: IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT ALL YOUR THROWS ARE ON 100%, INCLUDING THROTTLE (dual rates and travel adjust) BEFORE YOU START THE PROCEDURE
Thanks for that. Excellent post. So it looks like I should be able to use my Turnigy 9x to adjust the gains.
jlk69 is offline Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:08 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Think so? Did you try it?