SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:49 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
888 Posts
Does any body fly there 130x with the Turnigy 9x or 9xr using er9x? I am looking for a eepe setup file for the 130x.
jlk69 is offline Find More Posts by jlk69
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:43 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk69 View Post
Does any body fly there 130x with the Turnigy 9x or 9xr using er9x? I am looking for a eepe setup file for the 130x.
This is a very basic mix for Mode 2 er9X/Open 9X with a DSM2 Blade heli, no expo/DR or Throttle Hold assigned (easy enough to look these standard functions up?), in case you want to risk a manual setup :

CH1 (+100%)Thr Switch(ID0) Curve(Curve 1)
(+100%)Thr Switch(ID1) Curve(Curve 2)
(+100%)Thr Switch(ID2) Curve(Curve 3)

CH2 (+100%)Ail
CH3 (+100%)Ele
CH4 (+100%)Rud

CH6 (+100%)Thr Switch(!ID0) Curve(Curve 5)
(+100%)Thr Switch(ID0) Curve(Curve 4)

CH1 is for the throttle curve, selected by the three position switch ( for three position Idle Up).
CH6 is the pitch channel, a 2 position Idle Up setting, either ID0 or !ID0 (!ID0 = anything except ID0, logical 'not').

The curves 1,2,3 would be increasingly aggressive throttle curves, and curves 4,5 would be increasingly aggressive pitch curves.
So eg throttle curves might be
1 - (0, 25, 50, 75,100)
2 - (75, 75, 75, 75, 75)
3 - (100, 100, 100, 100, 100)

Not sure if that's very helpful, but it's a start.

This is all I've found out so far and I HAVEN'T TESTED THIS. I expect to have the exact same problem soon.
Thwock is offline Find More Posts by Thwock
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:06 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwock View Post
This is a very basic mix for Mode 2 er9X/Open 9X with a DSM2 Blade heli, no expo/DR or Throttle Hold assigned (easy enough to look these standard functions up?), in case you want to risk a manual setup :

CH1 (+100%)Thr Switch(ID0) Curve(Curve 1)
(+100%)Thr Switch(ID1) Curve(Curve 2)
(+100%)Thr Switch(ID2) Curve(Curve 3)

CH2 (+100%)Ail
CH3 (+100%)Ele
CH4 (+100%)Rud

CH6 (+100%)Thr Switch(!ID0) Curve(Curve 5)
(+100%)Thr Switch(ID0) Curve(Curve 4)

CH1 is for the throttle curve, selected by the three position switch ( for three position Idle Up).
CH6 is the pitch channel, a 2 position Idle Up setting, either ID0 or !ID0 (!ID0 = anything except ID0, logical 'not').

The curves 1,2,3 would be increasingly aggressive throttle curves, and curves 4,5 would be increasingly aggressive pitch curves.
So eg throttle curves might be
1 - (0, 25, 50, 75,100)
2 - (75, 75, 75, 75, 75)
3 - (100, 100, 100, 100, 100)

Not sure if that's very helpful, but it's a start.

This is all I've found out so far and I HAVEN'T TESTED THIS. I expect to have the exact same problem soon.
Thank you. I will look this over. I already have a mcpx & nano that I fly with my T9x, so I was going to start with that and then modify it for the 130x.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:05 PM
Finland, Uusimaa, Helsinki
Joined Nov 2011
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhenderson View Post
Your tail shaft retaining collar is on backwards. The tapered end goes toward the flange bearing on that side.
Wow, thanks for this post! I had made the same mistake. Maybe this is the cause of the waggle and vibrations Have to try tomorrow.
vmmattil is offline Find More Posts by vmmattil
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:24 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Thank you. I will look this over. I already have a mcpx & nano that I fly with my T9x, so I was going to start with that and then modify it for the 130x.
That sounds like a better plan.
I'm sure the basic setup is the same, with the same channel order. You will maybe only need to wrangle the expo and rates for flyability.

I have looked around for a good 130X template with stuff like sticky throttle hold (ie you have to drop throttle to zero before TH disengages) but not found a complete one yet.
It's not so different from other helicopters though, once you get the channel order correct. Bit of research and it should be possible.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:47 PM
FlyMike
United States, MI, Holly
Joined Nov 2011
101 Posts
Blade 130x er9x template

Here is a basic template for the 130x. Sticky throttle is on the thr and trainer switches. Change the txt file to eepm extention.
mmilan is online now Find More Posts by mmilan
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:49 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmilan View Post
Here is a basic template for the 130x. Sticky throttle is on the thr and trainer switches. Change the txt file to eepm extention.
Thanks, kind of you to post it.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:16 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmilan View Post
Has any body set up a switch or pot to control the gyro gain?
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:18 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Don't think that's even possible, especially in flight. You have to enter an entirely different menu during aircraft initialization to get adjustable gains. And, then you have to reset the aircraft back to normal flight mode.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:03 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
I didn't think that DSM had a channel assignment for rudder gain like DSSS does with using channel 5. Do you have information to the contrary?
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:37 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
They don't come with one but people have been making them for walkeras for a while now
I got two of those WACK-eras that you are referring to.
I do understand why (incldg me) has to use slipper clutch. It's because they break so easy even on grass, slight tail blade strike and on mild crash with TH.
Not only that they (Wacks) strip easy, they also sell the gear for $4+S/H and you only get one gear of each. And all you need is just one same gear .
The Walkera Heli is not upto task so expect few crashes when going out to fly.
So I have not flown it for a while now due to many reasons.

The 130X is the opposite. More durable and controlled flights. Yes, tail gears could still strip, but not each flight to the field.
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:48 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
. My deoxit is still on order so I don't know but some tuner cleaners I used way back have some lubricant properties to it. You may be better with that than the alcohol I used.
I have better luck with alcohol than the Deoxit with these linear servos.
I used them with my mCPX too.
I must be doing it wrong using the Deoxit. I should probably open up the servo and clean it, rather than spraying it with Deoxit into the linear servos opening.

- Spyro
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:56 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
I got two of those WACK-eras that you are referring to.
I do understand why (incldg me) has to use slipper clutch. It's because they break so easy even on grass, slight tail blade strike and on mild crash with TH.
Not only that they (Wacks) strip easy, they also sell the gear for $4+S/H and you only get one gear of each. And all you need is just one same gear .
The Walkera Heli is not upto task so expect few crashes when going out to fly.
So I have not flown it for a while now due to many reasons.

The 130X is the opposite. More durable and controlled flights. Yes, tail gears could still strip, but not each flight to the field.
Now why would one ever own one of those? The 130X is great and it's impossible to strip a gear due to an inadvertent tail strike after installing the hybrid tail with slipper clutch.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:01 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
I have better luck with alcohol than the Deoxit with these linear servos.
I used them with my mCPX too.
I must be doing it wrong using the Deoxit. I should probably open up the servo and clean it, rather than spraying it with Deoxit into the linear servos opening.

- Spyro
I think it's important to get under the wiper and when you take them apart you know you get everything out.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:02 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
Now why would one ever own one of those? The 130X is great and it's impossible to strip a gear due to an inadvertent tail strike after installing the hybrid tail with slipper clutch.
You might also consider the new metal gears.
They just came out, so not much reviews on them yet.

This guy here on the video is using one:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post23874451

I think they are a bit pricey.
RCG Plus Member