SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:57 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhenderson View Post
Do they have the bonus buy deal with the extras? If so, how much? Those extras are about $60 alone. Good deal.
Nevermind... wrong thread.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Last edited by erkq; Jan 29, 2013 at 12:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:14 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Right now, it looks like Horizon. They just dropped the price thirty bucks to $249 and have some "bonus buy" deal going where they throw in two spare batteries, the metal A gear (a must), and a spare set of blades. Although some Horizon rep said there wasn't a V2 coming out, I'd wait a bit, if I were you. It's awfully suspicious with that price drop and the extras. They're wanting to move old 130X stock for some reason and Horizon virtually never drops the price on helis that are current and not discontinued.
I just bought my second 130X. My LHS matched the HH bonus buy. It was just too good to pass up. I really like the 130X and would buy a V2 if it materializes even though I have two currently.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:47 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
I just bought my second 130X. My LHS matched the HH bonus buy. It was just too good to pass up. I really like the 130X and would buy a V2 if it materializes even though I have two currently.
Did they take the sales tax off the top for you so that it matched their price?
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:25 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
Did they take the sales tax off the top for you so that it matched their price?
I paid California sales tax.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:58 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
Horizon also has free shipping along with the free items. With a heli like this one and all the happy owners why wait for a possible V2, IMO.
It would be awesome if they introduced a V2 with a frame re-design that used "regular" servos instead of these sketchy open linear servos. I know they're supposed to be more crash resistant but, man, are there ever a lot of failures with them...and the cleaning... Failures right out of the package, too, which, by the way, is exactly the warranty. It's guaranteed to work out of the package and that's it, according to the HH rep I spoke with. So, if you buy these for spares, OP check them right away and don't let them sit for two months like I did only to find out I had a dead one. HH replaced it, but the rep was sure hesitant at first because such a long time had passed. With essentially zero warranty, it's like HH admits these linear servos are extremely prone to failure. Even the little DS35 rotary servo, that's a buck cheaper, has a one year warranty, as stated in the paperwork that comes with it.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:31 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,190 Posts
Quote:
They just dropped the price thirty bucks to $249 and have some "bonus buy" deal going where they throw in two spare batteries, the metal A gear (a must), and a spare set of blades.
As someone who just paid full retail at LHS.....

tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:41 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
As someone who just paid full retail at LHS.....

Oh man that hurts me!!

Quote:
It would be awesome if they introduced a V2 with a frame re-design that used "regular" servos instead of these sketchy open linear servos. I know they're supposed to be more crash resistant but, man, are there ever a lot of failures with them...and the cleaning... Failures right out of the package, too, which, by the way, is exactly the warranty. It's guaranteed to work out of the package and that's it, according to the HH rep I spoke with. So, if you buy these for spares, OP check them right away and don't let them sit for two months like I did only to find out I had a dead one. HH replaced it, but the rep was sure hesitant at first because such a long time had passed. With essentially zero warranty, it's like HH admits these linear servos are extremely prone to failure. Even the little DS35 rotary servo, that's a buck cheaper, has a one year warranty, as stated in the paperwork that comes with it.
So most of the problems are keeping the pots clean?
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:35 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Just get a can of Deoxit and spray in slots on servos every 30 flights or so or, when they start jittering. Works great. I haven't taken my servos apart for cleaning yet and I have just passed 200 flights on my 130X. Also, 302 flights on nano never cleaned servos just, Deoxit.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Just get a can of Deoxit and spray in slots on servos every 30 flights or so or, when they start jittering. Works great. I haven't taken my servos apart for cleaning yet and I have just passed 200 flights on my 130X. Also, 302 flights on nano never cleaned servos just, Deoxit.
I use Deoxit F5 and they do still need physical cleaning sometimes. Especially if you fly and/or crash a lot outside.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:45 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
I use Deoxit F5 and they do still need physical cleaning sometimes. Especially if you fly and/or crash a lot outside.
I fly outside but, don't crash much anymore. I fly scale and FFF and have gotten pretty good at it. I have taken my mCPX servos apart to see how they where doing and they were pretty clean with a good coating of Deoxit still on the contact strip. Where one lives and flies might also make a difference.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:48 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,293 Posts
I've got over 100 flights and have never cleaned my servos. I have only crashed 3 times though and I take off and land on a sidewalk in front of my house most of the time.
Garry K.
garryk is online now Find More Posts by garryk
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
I've got over 100 flights and have never cleaned my servos. I have only crashed 3 times though and I take off and land on a sidewalk in front of my house most of the time.
Garry K.
And there ya go... Fly in a dusty area like the southwest and fly/crash off of grass, dirt, etc and get back to me on that "not needing to clean them".

Also, you've never had the jitters from carbon build up on the conductive strip? If you aren't at least spraying them with something...you will...
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:17 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Where one lives and flies might also make a difference.
Definitely.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:45 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,293 Posts
I live in Mesa, AZ. How far southwest is that? LOL
Garry K.
garryk is online now Find More Posts by garryk
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:53 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
I live in Mesa, AZ. How far southwest is that? LOL
Garry K.
Right about where I am, too.

But, the actual flying environment has a lot to do with it, too. I fly off my driveway but, as you know, AZ landscaping doesn't use a lot of grass. Everything I potentially crash on is rock/gravel "lawns", concrete driveways/curbs, asphalt road or hard packed dirt. There's one little patch of grass across the street at the community playground, but I never get lucky enough to hit that, so dirt manages to get into the servos.