HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:45 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
1,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
So, I headed to LHS hoping they might have orange (I would have bought any color that was bright, including white) but all they had was a set of stock black ones. Of course, I took 'em, but still will eventually go with something else.
I've both sprayed and brushed black skids with Rust-O-leum yellow. Both stick incredibly well. The only down side is the 24 hour drying time. Rit dye is easier and faster on white parts, though.
dsobbe is offline Find More Posts by dsobbe
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:19 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, Helsinki
Joined Nov 2011
144 Posts
As a crash result I installed lynx tail case, tail grips, tail blades and a metal A gear. As a result spoolup is nice with no vibration but in higher speeds the heli vibrates aggressively from the tail. What should I try next, lowering the gain?
vmmattil is offline Find More Posts by vmmattil
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:24 AM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,331 Posts
Hi guys. First time here. I've got a 130X due on Wednesday. This is the first battery I'll have that uses the balance connector to power the heli. Is the link below the best option to charge these with UMX style connectors and a Hitec X4 AC? I've been using XH adapters. With only two balance lines coming from the charger how does it properly balance voltage on 6 batteries in parallel with inconsistent voltages between cells? Seems kind of a hack to me at first glance.

http://helidirect.com/micro-parallel...er-p-28400.hdx
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:29 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmmattil View Post
As a crash result I installed lynx tail case, tail grips, tail blades and a metal A gear. As a result spoolup is nice with no vibration but in higher speeds the heli vibrates aggressively from the tail. What should I try next, lowering the gain?
Did you balance the tail blades? Is the tail driven shaft straight? Did you inspect the tail boom for cracks? Sometimes they are easy to miss.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:34 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
Hi guys. First time here. I've got a 130X due on Wednesday. This is the first battery I'll have that uses the balance connector to power the heli. Is the link below the best option to charge these with UMX style connectors and a Hitec X4 AC? I've been using XH adapters. With only two balance lines coming from the charger how does it properly balance voltage on 6 batteries in parallel with inconsistent voltages between cells? Seems kind of a hack to me at first glance.

http://helidirect.com/micro-parallel...er-p-28400.hdx
Voltage is always identical on all parallel branch circuits, therefore all cells connected in parallel will simply self-balance. The charger sees the parallel UMX packs as a single large 2s pack. However, you should not mix nearly empty & nearly full packs, nor should you mix healthy packs with old, tired, saggy packs.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:23 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,420 Posts
Thinking of dipping my blades and skids in this.
http://www.amazon.com/Generation-SUP...he+dark+paints
Garry K.
garryk is online now Find More Posts by garryk
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:02 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
Thinking of dipping my blades and skids in this.
http://www.amazon.com/Generation-SUP...he+dark+paints
Garry K.
The reviews are disappointing.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:15 PM
Joined Oct 2009
227 Posts
Confused...again

Could somebody explain to me why my C gear keeps coming off?

I have it appart and the gear feels snug on the TT, and don't see any other issues.

Thanks, RUD
RUDDERLESS is offline Find More Posts by RUDDERLESS
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:29 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUDDERLESS View Post
Could somebody explain to me why my C gear keeps coming off?

I have it appart and the gear feels snug on the TT, and don't see any other issues.

Thanks, RUD
You can CA the gear to the TT. Just be sure it spins true before the CA sets. A better "fix" is to ensure the TT is seated fully into the B gear. You might need to grind down your boom a few mm's to allow the TT to seat further into the B gear. What happens is, if the TT isn't seated fully into the B gear, the TT can move forward and disengage itself from the C gear, especially if it isn't CA'd on. When that happens in flight, obviously, the C gear gets flung into outer space never to be seen again and you lose tail control = throttle hold/crash. I set my mesh by fully inserting the tail boom into the frame and TT fully into the B gear and then back it out just a *touch* to prevent any drive train binding. I also CA the C gear for good measure. Works every time for a nice, smooth and reliable tail.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:33 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
909 Posts
What is the best place to buy a 130x from?
jlk69 is offline Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:37 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk69 View Post
me

I think ultimatehobbies and wholesaletrains have the best deals on new ones
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:39 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Right now, it looks like Horizon. They just dropped the price thirty bucks to $249 and have some "bonus buy" deal going where they throw in two spare batteries, the metal A gear (a must), and a spare set of blades. Although some Horizon rep said there wasn't a V2 coming out, I'd wait a bit, if I were you. It's awfully suspicious with that price drop and the extras. They're wanting to move old 130X stock for some reason and Horizon virtually never drops the price on helis that are current and not discontinued.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:39 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
me

I think ultimatehobbies and wholesaletrains have the best deals on new ones
Do they have the bonus buy deal with the extras? If so, how much? Those extras are about $60 alone. Good deal.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:45 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,369 Posts
Not sure I haven't looked in a while, but those two places are known for good deals. Wholesale you have to be a current member to see the lowest price

The stock batteries on the HH deal I dont care for (and always overpriced), but the metal A gear would be nice
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:56 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,331 Posts
Quote:
Horizon also has free shipping along with the free items. With a heli like this one and all the happy owners why wait for a possible V2, IMO.
Last edited by lasakro; Jan 29, 2013 at 01:44 PM.