HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:09 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
Yep, having a ball but still fly my 130s the most because I am new with the T-450 and still very intimidated about getting too reckless. Being extra cautious with it but try lots of new things with my 130s. They are great lil heils. I do not post as often here or on the Nano forum but I do frequent both and when I saw your post...well I just had to reply to an old friend and wish him well.

Bob
I have the Blade 450X. It is a great heli. Like you, I was intimidated by it. The 130X gave me the confidence to fly it more confidently. I am now very comfortable flying the 450X scale and FFF.

Jim
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:06 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,242 Posts
Here is Matt Botos' wife flying a 130X. While she is all eyes on the heli, the men are all eyes on her butt and legs!

Amy Botos flying Blade 130x at the Georgia Heli Swarm (5 min 23 sec)
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:08 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,288 Posts
Bad link?
Never mind. Just had to close and restart Firefox.
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Last edited by garryk; Jan 24, 2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:39 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
I have the Blade 450X. It is a great heli. Like you, I was intimidated by it. The 130X gave me the confidence to fly it more confidently. I am now very comfortable flying the 450X scale and FFF.

Jim
The 130x is a great bird to have before buying anything larger and will for sure give confidence in being able to go larger.
Though I have always thought the 250 and 450 sizes are just more intimidating. I find the 300 and the 500 sizes are much more relaxing do to disc loading and just seeming to float around with vast amounts of power in reserve
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:26 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Hey guys,

I just switched from a DX7 to a DX8 and it seems like my helis are behaving a lot less responsively. On my 130x I just changed my D/R to 120 and my expo to -50 and it still seems a bit less responsive than it was with the dx7.

is it bad to take the D/R farther than 100% ? I checked the servo tavel and it looks like there not binding at 120.

Has anyone ever gone from a dx7 to a dx8 and noticed this? Its almost like D/R - Expo isnt helping much.. is it the frame rate? 22ms?
sideburn is online now Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:33 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
Hey guys,

I just switched from a DX7 to a DX8 and it seems like my helis are behaving a lot less responsively. On my 130x I just changed my D/R to 120 and my expo to -50 and it still seems a bit less responsive than it was with the dx7.

is it bad to take the D/R farther than 100% ? I checked the servo tavel and it looks like there not binding at 120.

Has anyone ever gone from a dx7 to a dx8 and noticed this? Its almost like D/R - Expo isnt helping much.. is it the frame rate? 22ms?
Wow, something is definitely wrong. I switched from a DX7 to a DX8 last summer and didn't experience anything like that. With my 130X, I run +15 EXPO on the cyclic and +20 on the tail to soften it up a touch and it's perfect for me. 22ms is the correct frame rate for the analog linear servos and the DX8 automatically binds in that mode. Regarding frame rate, the DX7 is as slow or maybe even slower than the DX8. I don't remember what the frame rate is. Probably because it's not selectable anyway, so I never had any reason to consider it.

Also, I believe the AS3X system controls the limits of servo travel above 100% and D/R has no effect beyond that.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Last edited by harryhenderson; Jan 24, 2013 at 05:45 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:43 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhenderson View Post
Wow, something is definitely wrong. I switched from a DX7 to a DX8 last summer and didn't experience anything like that. With my 130X, I run +15 EXPO on the cyclic and +20 on the tail to soften it up a touch and it's perfect for me. 22ms is the correct frame rate for the analog linear servos and the DX8 automatically binds in that mode. Regarding frame rate, the DX7 is as slow or maybe even slower than the DX8. I don't remember what the frame rate is. Probably because it's not selectable anyway, so I never had any reason to consider it.

Also, I believe the AS3X system controls the limits of servo travel above 100% and D/R has no effect beyond that.
I changed the servo speed from normal to 0.1 and it helped.. I changed my D/R to 100% and linear expo.. but it still seems a little softer than the dx7. I like my seetings pretty touchy though. I want to be able to flip as fast as it can.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:35 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
I didn't need a second 130X but, I just couldn't resist getting another one. The current deal HH is offering is just too good to pass up. I would rather have a second 130X and pass on the new mCPX BL.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:40 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
I changed the servo speed from normal to 0.1 and it helped.. I changed my D/R to 100% and linear expo.. but it still seems a little softer than the dx7. I like my seetings pretty touchy though. I want to be able to flip as fast as it can.
How did you set up the DX8... from scratch or from the DX7 settings?
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:42 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
I didn't need a second 130X but, I just couldn't resist getting another one. The current deal HH is offering is just too good to pass up. I would rather have a second 130X and pass on the new mCPX BL.
I know... I have also been tempted to add another one What keeps me holding out is maybe there is a V2 coming and I don't want to be stuck with 2 V1's
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphro View Post
I know... I have also been tempted to add another one What keeps me holding out is maybe there is a V2 coming and I don't want to be stuck with 2 V1's
A Horizon rep over on another very big heli forum confirmed there was no 130X V2 coming out. But, he did say they'd been making "incremental changes" to the 130X all along. What those may be? No clue as he wouldn't answer the question(s) from multiple people. However, one improvement I've noticed is the tail shafts I've purchased as spares have all had the hub perfectly square with the shaft. That was not the case with a lot of very early 130Xs and it caused horrendous tail vibrations.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:31 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
I considered that but, in my mind a V2 would have to be a significant improvement over the original to induce me to buy one. I only fly scale and FFF and have no desire to learn sport or 3D so, the 130X does everything I need it to do very well. Both of my 130X's flew great out of the box.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:35 PM
Joined Nov 2010
321 Posts
Picked up some Lime Green KBDD blades for my 130X earlier.

Hoping that it not too cold tomorrow morning to fly before work...
iTz Nicholas72 is offline Find More Posts by iTz Nicholas72
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:17 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
How did you set up the DX8... from scratch or from the DX7 settings?
From scratch..

Pretty basic. Linear pitch curve in all flight modes, 75% throttle in stunt 1, max throttle in stunt 2, 100 D/R, 0 expo.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:57 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,156 Posts
Just picked one of these up -- looks like I can use my existing 450mah batts if I work up a JST adapter, so that's nice! I hear it is a good improvement over nano and mcpx due to bigger size, brushless motor, and shaft drive, so looking forward to getting her programmed into my Dx8 and a test hop this afternoon!

I also picked up a high res orange canopy, along with orange main and tail blades to help with visibility, so I'll put those on even before first flight.
tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob