HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:36 AM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
MH tail for 130X is fine. I use MH tail (pitch) slider & hub on both my 130X.
The rest forget it!
-How could they not know that the 130X boom is square CF and released a rounded tail box?
-How could they not know that the Nano's Swash Upgrade would have binding issue?
Do they just mass produce products and just eyeball them without a test fit or flying?
I have the tail gear case and pitch slider that I ordered back when they were the only option and i was going through stock pitch sliders like crazy. I havent had any issues with these MH parts at all.. Mines tail case is not round either. I guess they fixed that early on and changed it to square?
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:40 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,187 Posts
I'm not sure, but I got mine at a LHS and I believe they are MH. I got the swash, tail pitch slider, tail box, tail blade grips, and all have been fine for over 50 batteries so far. The box is square as it should be.
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:41 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
I have the tail gear case and pitch slider that I ordered back when they were the only option and i was going through stock pitch sliders like crazy. I havent had any issues with these MH parts at all.. Mines tail case is not round either. I guess they fixed that early on and changed it to square?
Yes, only few "squares" were sold to the public. MH withdrew them back OFF the shelves immediately after complaints were made.
Only those ones that wants to be the "first" that received them
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:10 AM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,832 Posts
Quote:
Yes, only few "squares" were sold to the public. MH withdrew them back OFF the shelves immediately after complaints were made.
Oops..Nevermind I just noticed my parts are RKH.. I got them way back when the first ones came out because my heli was pretty much unflyable with the stock tail pitch slider. I couldnt get through a single flight without them breaking the pin off. So thats why I was confused why I didnt have a round one since I was one of the first to buy... I guess RKH came out with 130x parts first then..
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:07 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
The "squares" are the correct ones. They did pull the "rounds" after selling a bunch of them, though, and not everyone got a refund from what I read. And, it wasn't just a few they sold, either. A bunch of people got excited because they thought MH might be releasing their own frame with a round tail boom and, possibly, a third TT bearing in the middle, but that never happened. At any rate, what MH did was stupid and downright careless, especially with them blatantly hiding it by not putting pictures up showing that side of the gear box. A real life case of trying to put a square peg in a round hole.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:07 PM
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
246 Posts
i prefer for now the stocks parts as i've know that there are some problems for some upgrades.am contented the way my heli fly as i am still a scale flying tekniq. i crashed my bird the time my aileron servo faild hope that i can order the ds35 as a replacement to my tail servo.
rynldgalano is offline Find More Posts by rynldgalano
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:09 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhenderson View Post
The "squares" are the correct ones. They did pull the "rounds" after selling a bunch of them, though, and not everyone got a refund from what I read. And, it wasn't just a few they sold, either. A bunch of people got excited because they thought MH might be releasing their own frame with a round tail boom and, possibly, a third TT bearing in the middle, but that never happened. At any rate, what MH did was stupid and downright careless, especially with them blatantly hiding it by not putting pictures up showing that side of the gear box. A real life case of trying to put a square peg in a round hole.
OOPS sorry.
I meant round, Squares are the correct one.
Thank you correcting my statement.
- Spyro

(OFF Topic)
BL Main & BL Tail NEW mCPX

mCP X BL BNF by BLADE (2 min 51 sec)
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Jan 18, 2013 at 02:37 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:26 AM
DS Addict
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jul 2005
5,024 Posts
I know this has been discussed before, but I am after some help with a problem on my 130x

Tail lets go without warning. Tail servo work intermittently. Is it dead? What is best method of replacement?

Also, best place to get replacement gears?

Advice would be greatly received =)
ALEX HEWSON is offline Find More Posts by ALEX HEWSON
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:35 AM
Joined Dec 2011
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX HEWSON View Post
I know this has been discussed before, but I am after some help with a problem on my 130x

Tail lets go without warning. Tail servo work intermittently. Is it dead? What is best method of replacement?

Also, best place to get replacement gears?

Advice would be greatly received =)
Same problem with intermittent tail problem. Not the gears. Tried cleaning servo contacts but problem persists. Can't help yet as waiting for spare tail servo to arrive before I can test and confirm it is the tail servo. Also getting Micro Heli DS35 servo mount + servo (from HH) to test this mod IF it is servo problem and want a longer term solution. Will let this forum know if problem found and fixes. Will take time as I am based in Asia, and parts can take a while to arrive from US (although MH parts took 3 days!)

Addition - no rounded hole in c gear. Tail servo works when blades stationary and on slow spool up. Servo stops responding while still on ground when blades pick up speed. Servo starts responding again when spooling down (after that characteristic "click" typical of spooling down). Either tail servo or main board issue. Not sure if it is vibe related. 100+ flights with the only crash at about 50 flights being a silly attempt to auto while high enough, but it fell like a stone. Almost caught it but it still hit a little hard while level - only damage was cracked landing gear, which was easily fixed with a paper clip and epoxy
deonjams is offline Find More Posts by deonjams
Last edited by deonjams; Jan 18, 2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:58 AM
How high does it go?..duh
Currently in...UK
Joined Jun 2004
2,633 Posts
Tail lets go............. usually..either a rounded hole in c gear, or dirty servo pots (open the servo and clean the tracks), or the tail servo is in the wrong place on the boom (setup like a normal heli tail, move the servo position to get the best tail hold), bad wires on the servo.....my 2p... hope you fix it.
Pigs dont fly is offline Find More Posts by Pigs dont fly
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:05 PM
DS Addict
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jul 2005
5,024 Posts
Cheers guys. Haven't flown it for 3 months because of this issue. Gears are fine, it is just the servo that totally stops hard over
ALEX HEWSON is offline Find More Posts by ALEX HEWSON
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:06 PM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
943 Posts
Have yall seen the "Bonus Buy" on the 130x at HH?
Petrie is online now Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:44 PM
Joined Nov 2010
315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
Wonder if its just to boost sales with the release of the BL MCPX if its a sign of a V2 130X in the near future...
iTz Nicholas72 is offline Find More Posts by iTz Nicholas72
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:01 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX HEWSON View Post
Cheers guys. Haven't flown it for 3 months because of this issue. Gears are fine, it is just the servo that totally stops hard over
Time for a DS35? Excellent replacement tail servo and it's the same price as the stock one.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:05 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
Hadn't seen it, so I just checked. $30 off, if anyone else is wondering what it is. I still can't figure out why Ampdraw still has it at the MSRP of $279.99. It's been that way for a while. All of their Blade helis are usually substantially discounted. For example, the 450X at Horizon is $499 and Ampdraw has it for $407.