HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
I compared the tail assemblies of my 300X and 450X and the 450X parts appear to be larger so, I would conclude they are not the same parts.
Thanks. And shucks. I have a bunch of spare parts for my 4503D. I'm having a really tough time deciding between the 300X and 450X since all of my spare parts for the frame and tail (except for the head) are a direct replacement. Plus, I already have a bunch of batteries and sets of carbon blades. All I'd have to do to the 450X is replace the battery connector with a Deans. But, I really want the 300X because of its size. The 130X is awesome, but it needs more power...and be a little bit bigger... LOL With the 300X, I'd be shelling out extra for carbon blades, batteries, whatever spare parts I'd need and the frame braces. Possibly a new motor, too, because that one seems to have a lot of vibration issues that affect the AR7200BX. Just the carbon blades and a few spare batteries put the cost of a 300X over the cost of a 450X. $322 (plus blades/batteries) versus $424 with the 15% off Horizon email coupon I just got.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:30 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhenderson View Post
Thanks. And shucks. I have a bunch of spare parts for my 4503D. I'm having a really tough time deciding between the 300X and 450X since all of my spare parts for the frame and tail (except for the head) are a direct replacement. Plus, I already have a bunch of batteries and sets of carbon blades. All I'd have to do to the 450X is replace the battery connector with a Deans. But, I really want the 300X because of its size. The 130X is awesome, but it needs more power...and be a little bit bigger... LOL
I have the 130X, 300X, 450x. If I were you, I would keep the 450 3D and get the 300X. I actually enjoy flying the 300X more than the 450X . I just feel more comfortable flying the 300X but, that's just me.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:34 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
I have the 130X, 300X, 450x. If I were you, I would keep the 450 3D and get the 300X. I actually enjoy flying the 300X more than the 450X . I just feel more comfortable flying the 300X but, that's just me.
That's kinda my feeling, too. I really can't get away with comfortably flying a 450 at my house and actually have any fun with it. The 130X is perfectly doable and I think a slightly bigger 130x would still be a reality. I've gotten so spoiled just stepping outside to fly micros that I hate driving to a real field these days. Plus, my favorite (i.e. closest) one just got shut down.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:39 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,454 Posts
Quote:
That's kinda my feeling, too. I really can't get away with comfortably flying a 450 at my house and actually have any fun with it. The 130X is perfectly doable and I think a slightly bigger 130x would still be a reality. I've gotten so spoiled just stepping outside to fly micros that I hate driving to a real field these days. Plus, my favorite (i.e. closest) one just got shut down.
I also prefer to fly at home even though I'm within walking distance of a park. I'm retired so I like that anytime the mood strikes I just step outside and fly.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
I also prefer to fly at home even though I'm within walking distance of a park. I'm retired so I like that anytime the mood strikes I just step outside and fly.
Same here except for the walking distance park thing. I have to watch when I fly, though. Usually very early in the morning because there's just too many danged nosy kids in my neighborhood. I live in a very nice neighborhood in a back corner with no traffic, so even the little ones too young for school are out running around or on their bikes with training wheels all over the place, so I don't even get a break during school hours. It would be one thing if they were just curious and wanted to watch, but I have the same ones asking over and over again if they can try it. The answer is always NO!!!
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:04 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,454 Posts
Quote:
Same here except for the walking distance park thing. I have to watch when I fly, though. Usually very early in the morning because there's just too many danged nosy kids in my neighborhood. I live in a very nice neighborhood in a back corner with no traffic, so even the little ones too young for school are out running around or on their bikes with training wheels all over the place, so I don't even get a break during school hours. It would be one thing if they were just curious and wanted to watch, but I have the same ones asking over and over again if they can try it. The answer is always NO!!!
That certainly sucks.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:14 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
That certainly sucks.
Yeah and I don't like having to say no because it does make me feel bad. But, there is zero chance of a 5 year old, or even a 15 year old who's never flown before, ever getting on the sticks of any heli of mine. Not even the mCPX.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:18 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,454 Posts
Quote:
Yeah and I don't like having to say no because it does make me feel bad. But, there is zero chance of a 5 year old, or even a 15 year old who's never flown before, ever getting on the sticks of any heli of mine. Not even the mCPX.
I'm with you on that one. I have been cut a couple times by my mCPX and even my nano can hurt when hit by it.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:24 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
I'm with you on that one. I have been cut a couple times by my mCPX and even my nano can hurt when hit by it.
It's not even that, although that is a definite factor. I just hate crashing, no matter the heli, so there is zero way I'm handing over the controls to someone who's guaranteed to crash it in 30 seconds or less. My luck, they'd find a way to drop and break the radio, too.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:33 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,454 Posts
Quote:
It's not even that, although that is a definite factor. I just hate crashing, no matter the heli, so there is zero way I'm handing over the controls to someone who's guaranteed to crash it in 30 seconds or less. My luck, they'd find a way to drop and break the radio, too.
I was considering the liability but, damage to my heli's would also be foremost with me too.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
I was considering the liability but, damage to my heli's would also be foremost with me too.
Plus, with the little ones, the slightest scrape or any little boo boo that scares them and they go running home screaming bloody murder. And, I just don't need that with my neighbors.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 02:26 PM
Yorba Linda, Ca.
Joined Oct 2003
2,189 Posts
Funny Read

High class problem to have....
which toy to buy next..

You have my permission to buy the 300x, It does fly like a big 130x. I have the nano-130X-300X-450X

The 450X I love to fly at the airfield where limited space is no concern. I do have concerns for the welfare of others when ever or where ever I fly and try to have a spotter alongside.

I choose what goes flying by where I am flying. My mentor has the exact same line up and this aides in my advancement.

I have the OE- carbon fiber blades on my 300X with holographic stickers they help (would prefer white blades)
Flies smooth as silk and is easy to fly.
Aso both the 450X and the 300X have the upgraded pinions and plenty of head speed as well as metal geared digital swash servos.

I am doing fff and loops and rolls and just starting inverted flight.
My flying buddy/mentor has 30 years experience and rails with the exact same setup wise units....

You can change things for the ballistic or not.....

Go for it.

Alan
Terminator is offline Find More Posts by Terminator
Old Dec 15, 2012, 02:31 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
High class problem to have....
which toy to buy next..

Alan
Yeah, first world problems.

And, thanks for the good words on the 300X. I'm just about to pull the trigger on one and I'm figuring out what goodies to get with it since I have a 15% off a total order email coupon from Horizon.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 02:52 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,454 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, first world problems.

And, thanks for the good words on the 300X. I'm just about to pull the trigger on one and I'm figuring out what goodies to get with it since I have a 15% off a total order email coupon from Horizon.
The 300X is $319 at Ampdraw plus they discount parts too. You might compare to what you will pay at HH.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:27 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
The 300X is $319 at Ampdraw plus they discount parts too. You might compare to what you will pay at HH.
It's $322 with the discount, free shipping and I get stuff from HH in two business days. I've ordered from Ampdraw before and stuff didn't ship for days after placing the order and it wasn't over a holiday/weekend, either.

Plus, the 15% coupon is good for the entire order, so some extra parts and carbon blades, too. I'm also convinced, in my personal experience, you get better customer service when you nicely point out that you ordered directly from them. No brainer for me to order from HH.