HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:58 PM
Inverted Airfield
Iowa
Joined Nov 2009
151 Posts
I use NanoTechs in my 130x. They are 5 grams lighter than stock, and have a higher C rating than the stock batteries. Maybe that is why my 130x it more peppy than most? My 300x definitely requires more throttle to stop it's momentum. Because of this, it feels heavier in the air.
The Jesus bolt holes are what I was referring to. I don't like the amount of play there is between the main shaft and main gear. That being said, it does feel solid in the air.
I ordered the Lynx frame stiffener, and like the results.
Oh yeah, I get 4 minutes of flight time out of both my 130x and 300x.
HeliFax is offline Find More Posts by HeliFax
Last edited by HeliFax; Dec 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:16 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhenderson View Post
Maybe some appropriately sized brass tubing cut to length would work as a collar over the bolts?

What flight times are you guys getting and with what batteries?
The newer main shafts have a smaller hole and the bolt is not threaded its entire
Length so it fits tighter in the hole. I replaced my main shaft with the new one when my LHS owner alerted me to the change a couple months ago.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:07 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFax View Post
I use NanoTechs in my 130x. They are 5 grams lighter than stock, and have a higher C rating than the stock batteries. Maybe that is why my 130x it more peppy than most? My 300x definitely requires more throttle to stop it's momentum. Because of this, it feels heavier in the air.
The Jesus bolt holes are what I was referring to. I don't like the amount of play there is between the main shaft and main gear. That being said, it does feel solid in the air.
I ordered the Lynx frame stiffener, and like the results.
Oh yeah, I get 4 minutes of flight time out of both my 130x and 300x.
It's not your 130X packs. Many of us are flying the 130X with Thunder Power 325 mAh 65c packs, which provide the highest performance of any packs that will fit the heli. Which packs were you using in the 300X at the time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
The newer main shafts have a smaller hole and the bolt is not threaded its entire
Length so it fits tighter in the hole. I replaced my main shaft with the new one when my LHS owner alerted me to the change a couple months ago.
Very interesting. Mine came with the new bolt even though I bought it back in July. I bought a couple of spare manshafts a couple months ago, and the bolt was still a sloppy fit, just like it is in the original shaft. Makes me wonder if I ended up with older mainshafts. How tight is the fit on yours?

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:21 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
A stock 300X will out fly a stock 130X in every way and in my experience is more reliable.
What's this I keep hearing about not running it at more than 75% throttle with the wood blades? Are they really that bad that the thing is going to blow up in flight or something at 100% throttle with the blades that come with it? There was no warning like this with the 4503D and its stock wooden blades. I never had any trouble with a flat 100% idle-up curve, either.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:56 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, Helsinki
Joined Nov 2011
144 Posts
Got mine today! Thanks lindinger.at for quick delivery to Finland. Anything I need to check before first flight?
vmmattil is offline Find More Posts by vmmattil
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:33 AM
Inverted Airfield
Iowa
Joined Nov 2009
151 Posts
I fly both the stock battery, as well as, NanoTechs in my 300x. I don't notice any difference in performance between the two types in this heli, I just like the price of the NanoTechs.
Where are you finding the new main shaft for the 300x? I couldn't find one with a new part number. I ordered a set of main shafts recently, and the bolts are threaded the entire length.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:43 AM
Inverted Airfield
Iowa
Joined Nov 2009
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmmattil View Post
Got mine today! Thanks lindinger.at for quick delivery to Finland. Anything I need to check before first flight?
You should check for secure motor wires on all of your servos. Make sure any tail vibrations go away by the time you reach 3/8 throttle, if you are willing to put up with tail vibes at all. Make sure all the controls are moving in the right direction as compared to stick inputs. Check for main rotor zero pitch at center stick. Make sure your tail blades are at zero pitch in neutral. Make sure your battery is fully charged, and your timer is set to no more than four minutes. Check all bolts and screws for tightness.
You can replace the grommets on the swash with canopy grommets, if you notice the heli shakes in FFF.
Plug in the battery, place the heli on a flat surface, and give it five seconds to calibrate the gyros. You should hear a second set of beeps once the calibration is complete.
Last edited by HeliFax; Dec 15, 2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:14 AM
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmmattil View Post
it could be better before your first flight you have to replace the B gear to a reliable metal bevel gear, loosen the screws where the boom attached as wellas the support and push forward the tailboom until it stop and check the D gears and if torque shaft never touch tail shaft you are good to go.
rynldgalano is offline Find More Posts by rynldgalano
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:19 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Got a new issue with my tail now! Check out this video. Any ideas? It seems to get into some sort of death wobble sort-of thing after giving hard collective. The tail shift, tail gears, and grips are brand new. Maybe a bent torque tube??

Blade 130x (4 min 33 sec)
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:31 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
See if your main board is still tight in the frame. I had the wobbles when my sticky tape wore out and didn't stick to the board anymore. New tape and a zip tie fixed it. Unlike other FBL units, this one likes to be held very firmly it seems.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:36 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
It's not your 130X packs. Many of us are flying the 130X with Thunder Power 325 mAh 65c packs, which provide the highest performance of any packs that will fit the heli. Which packs were you using in the 300X at the time?

Very interesting. Mine came with the new bolt even though I bought it back in July. I bought a couple of spare manshafts a couple months ago, and the bolt was still a sloppy fit, just like it is in the original shaft. Makes me wonder if I ended up with older mainshafts. How tight is the fit on yours?

Joel
Joel,

The bolt isn't tight in the hole on mine with the supposed new shaft and bolt either. I measured the old and new bolt with a caliper and the new bolt appears to be about one thousandth of an inch larger. I don't have any way to measure the holes in the shafts

Jim.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:47 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFax View Post
I fly both the stock battery, as well as, NanoTechs in my 300x. I don't notice any difference in performance between the two types in this heli, I just like the price of the NanoTechs.
Where are you finding the new main shaft for the 300x? I couldn't find one with a new part number. I ordered a set of main shafts recently, and the bolts are threaded the entire length.
I got mine from my LHS. I was unaware of any change until my LHS owner informed me. A change this type would probably be done quietly and without a part number change. The only way to know you are getting the latest version is to check that the bolts are only threaded on the end.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:58 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
What's this I keep hearing about not running it at more than 75% throttle with the wood blades? Are they really that bad that the thing is going to blow up in flight or something at 100% throttle with the blades that come with it? There was no warning like this with the 4503D and its stock wooden blades. I never had any trouble with a flat 100% idle-up curve, either.
I don't get that either. Does anyone know if the 300X has a higher head speed than the 4503D? From what I read, most 3D pilots of the 300X replace the woodies with CF blades from the get go.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:06 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
I don't get that either. Does anyone know if the 300X has a higher head speed than the 4503D? From what I read, most 3D pilots of the 300X replace the woodies with CF blades from the get go.
It probably is, but the blades are lighter, as well. Who knows, but it seems like it would have been prudent of them to at least supply blades than can be safely run with the motor at 100% throttle. Blade apparently knows it's an unsafe condition because they limit the throttle to 75% max right in the owner's manual settings, even for idle up 2.

Another thing I was curious about was as to whether or not the tail parts (case, grips, etc) are the same as the 4503D/X.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:15 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
It probably is, but the blades are lighter, as well. Who knows, but it seems like it would have been prudent of them to at least supply blades than can be safely run with the motor at 100% throttle. Blade apparently knows it's an unsafe condition because they limit the throttle to 75% max right in the owner's manual settings, even for idle up 2.

Another thing I was curious about was as to whether or not the tail parts (case, grips, etc) are the same as the 4503D/X.
I compared the tail assemblies of my 300X and 450X and the 450X parts appear to be larger so, I would conclude they are not the same parts.