HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:23 PM
" I Fly? "
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
I think it's safe to assume that "needing to make money" is a general truth of all companies, not just Horizon. Product development costs money is also pretty much a universal truth.
Yes, your right, I went back I went back and looked at it again. I seen something that really wasn't there the first time. Sorry spicy
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:37 PM
Haway the lads!
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Oct 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHeliRC View Post
Hey guys,

I just want to let everyone know that we just got in stock a lot of upgrade from RKH Heli.

We are located in Arizona, First Class shipping is 2.30 and Priority mail is 5.95. However, through out December we will give free shipping for USA customers on these RKH upgrades. We ship same day if order place before 4pm AZ time.

http://gothelirc.com/shopdisplaycate...rts%2FUpgrades

Thanks all.
Cool, I just placed an order with you this afternoon. Tail boom supports, tail gear cases and tail pitch sliders. 2 sets of each.
warrenx is offline Find More Posts by warrenx
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:02 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifoguy View Post
When you install a Gyro into a kit helicopter (eg TREX 450) you need to make sure of two things:
  1. the gyro is configured (via switches on the gyro) to "fight" any external forces trying to rotate the heli
  2. the transmitter must be configured (via servo reversing) so that pushing the rudder stick right causes the heli nose to rotate to the right
All gyros purchased as separate components have a direction switch. The gyro built into the 130X is specialized for that application and lacks a direction switch (as far as I know). You have to change it's direction by repositioning the servo arm.

The 130X has another idiosyncrasy. It disables the gyro when the motor is off. But I was able to observe the gyro's behavior while holding the helicopter above my head and spooling up the heli in normal mode to a just-barely-moving headspeed. When I rotate the nose right, the tail servo pulls on the control rod causing the tail rotor to counteract that rotation.
Thanks for the explanation.
I thought that as long as the rudder stick is responding correctly (not reversed), the gyro should also respond to correct direction. I din't realize that even though that the rudder is in the right direction, the gyro could still be reversed compensation.
Well, for now, I might keep this servo & re-install the DS35 later.
Thanks,
- Spyro
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:50 PM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Just saw a video of a DS35 install. Looks like it needs to be on the left side pointing down (or right side pointing up in another install video) when viewed from the tail.

Installing DS35 on Blade 130 X with Microheli mount and extension cable (6 min 9 sec)
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:01 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboy90277 View Post
Just saw a video of a DS35 install. Looks like it needs to be on the left side pointing down (or right side pointing up in another install video) when viewed from the tail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LTkwql22Ng

Tnx for that video.
I did mine opposite (right side pointing down). That's why the gyro was goin' nuts!
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:57 AM
" I Fly? "
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenx View Post
Cool, I just placed an order with you this afternoon. Tail boom supports, tail gear cases and tail pitch sliders. 2 sets of each.
Let me know what you think about them when you get them. They look nice but how do they perform.
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie
Last edited by Petrie; Dec 05, 2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:53 PM
Haway the lads!
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Oct 2012
21 Posts
Santley,

I sure will let you know. I have 2 130x with varying degrees of tail vibration. So I am hoping this settles some of that down.

I can say this. The shipping is very fast (Thanks gotHeliRC). I already have my tracking number and parts are expected to be delivered tomorrow.
warrenx is offline Find More Posts by warrenx
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:29 PM
http://gothelirc.com/
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Dec 2011
585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenx View Post
Santley,

I sure will let you know. I have 2 130x with varying degrees of tail vibration. So I am hoping this settles some of that down.

I can say this. The shipping is very fast (Thanks gotHeliRC). I already have my tracking number and parts are expected to be delivered tomorrow.
No problem... that's why we are here, fast express service.

We have some new canopy fiberglass canopy coming in... don't want to spoil the surprise... but it should be prettttayy nice.
GotHeliRC is online now Find More Posts by GotHeliRC
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:16 PM
Finland, Uusimaa, Helsinki
Joined Nov 2011
135 Posts
Wow these threads are so long...I am wondering whether this will be my first CP heli? I have flown mSR, SR 120, the Champ, UMX Carbon Cub and "mastered" those quite good. I'd like to be able to fly in our frontyard while keeping an eye on the kids. I am interested in 3D maneuvers but have only performed them in the Phoenix Sim. My radio is Spektrum DX6i.

Would you recommend this heli for me?
vmmattil is offline Find More Posts by vmmattil
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:36 PM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
Yes, your right, I went back I went back and looked at it again. I seen something that really wasn't there the first time. Sorry spicy
No worries; just caught up on this thread and only now read your first post. Needing money was meant as being profitable/staying in business as Jasmine2501 said. . Just saw the 550X announcement but couldn't see a parts listing for the heli...

Pete
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:39 PM
Quadrophenia
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
130x or mCPx would probably be a good choice. I'd keep my eye on the heli, not the kids.

e
egaus is offline Find More Posts by egaus
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:40 PM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmmattil View Post
Wow these threads are so long...I am wondering whether this will be my first CP heli? I have flown mSR, SR 120, the Champ, UMX Carbon Cub and "mastered" those quite good. I'd like to be able to fly in our frontyard while keeping an eye on the kids. I am interested in 3D maneuvers but have only performed them in the Phoenix Sim. My radio is Spektrum DX6i.

I would not recommend this heli if you were trying to fly and watch kids at the same time...most helis would not be suitable to that multi-tasking.

However, you should look at the Blade Nano. Very small and lightweight, a little squirrelly at first, but super durable and probably would not hurt anyone. I have crashed an MCPX into my foot before (being stupid) and I was surprised by how much it hurt!

Pete
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:31 PM
United States, CA, Menlo Park
Joined Nov 2005
387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmmattil View Post

I would recommend the Nano CP over the 130X for a first CP heli. The reason is durability. The Nano CP can take a lot more punishment than the 130X without requiring repairs.

That said, the 130X flies better than the Nano CP. The 130X tail is more solid. The 130X has more power.

Both the 130X and the Nano CP fly better than the mCP X so I don't see any reason to consider the mCP X.
ifoguy is online now Find More Posts by ifoguy
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:55 PM
Finland, Uusimaa, Helsinki
Joined Nov 2011
135 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys! Appreciate it. Are there known, unsolved quality issues with the 130X? I had my share of problems with the stuck servos in the UMX Carbon Cub, and I don't want to go through that again.

I plan to start flying CP without making any 3D tricks initially. I want to fly outside, so the Nano just feels too light. I got a feeling I could hover and fly around slowly with the 130X to start with.

The Carbon Cub felt like a handful at first (compared to the Champ), but eventually I came at peace with it, and am now able to fly it inverted and land on a spot without problems.
vmmattil is offline Find More Posts by vmmattil
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:35 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,385 Posts
Learning to fly 3D with the 130X could be quite costly. The nano flies very well outside. My first CP heli was an mCPX. I could have bought three of them for what I paid for replacement parts for it by the time I could fly it well.
J_skaggs is online now Find More Posts by J_skaggs