Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:42 AM
Fighting Gravity
USA, PA, Red Lion
Joined Sep 2005
188 Posts
I have not tried this yet and was wondering if anyone has.
Does a permanent Sharpie Marker adhere to the tail fin?
elgecko is offline Find More Posts by elgecko
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:00 AM
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
246 Posts
So silly, i miss to fly my 130X but the parts that i ordered to my LHS are not yet arrive, is it safe to buy parts online? Coz i was so dissapointed last year that i ordered in H.K. a 450 heli with defect gyro.
rynldgalano is offline Find More Posts by rynldgalano
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:51 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynldgalano View Post
So silly, i miss to fly my 130X but the parts that i ordered to my LHS are not yet arrive, is it safe to buy parts online? Coz i was so dissapointed last year that i ordered in H.K. a 450 heli with defect gyro.
eBay is actually safe.
They now have a live CS support if you have issues with the merchant.
PLUS, they would actually refund your money 100% incldg shipping if you did not receive your item, if the seller can NOT prove that it was shipped & there was no tracking number.
Lately, I purchased a quad from an HK seller. Tracking showed it was delivered in Texas. I''m in California. Seller refunded me my money the next day.
Also ordered a red 130X canopy from a US seller. He claimed that it went out of stock right after I made my purchase. I gave him a bad feedback as he did not & won't respond to my messages and did not receive my refund until I called eBay and eBay contacted him. eBay will resolve and refund money to buyers to protect their customers, then go after the seller if item was not received or item was falsely advertised.
I usually get my parts in 5-7 working days when i purchase parts from eBay.
Read carefully seller's instructions on how to save S&H when ordering more than one item. I usually shop the cheapest price, click "buy it now", but don't pay it yet. If all the parts were purchased from the same seller, & he offers Shipping discount, don't pay until the next day. You will get a total $ invoice the next day (email) with some good discount on S&H.

Here is an example of a seller that offers combined shipping noted at the bottom of his ads. Also, HH has been out of stock of this item for quite sometime now, so I got mine from him:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spektrum-BLA...item2c69b04d31
*Some guys only would add extra few cents on combined shipping.
You may also purchase directly from HH if item is in stock.
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:19 PM
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jul 2001
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
eBay is actually safe.
They now have a live CS support if you have issues with the merchant.
PLUS, they would actually refund your money 100% incldg shipping if you did not receive your item, if the seller can NOT prove that it was shipped & there was no tracking number.
Lately, I purchased a quad from an HK seller. Tracking showed it was delivered in Texas. I''m in California. Seller refunded me my money the next day.
Also ordered a red 130X canopy from a US seller. He claimed that it went out of stock right after I made my purchase. I gave him a bad feedback as he did not & won't respond to my messages and did not receive my refund until I called eBay and eBay contacted him. eBay will resolve and refund money to buyers to protect their customers, then go after the seller if item was not received or item was falsely advertised.
I usually get my parts in 5-7 working days when i purchase parts from eBay.
Read carefully seller's instructions on how to save S&H when ordering more than one item. I usually shop the cheapest price, click "buy it now", but don't pay it yet. If all the parts were purchased from the same seller, & he offers Shipping discount, don't pay until the next day. You will get a total $ invoice the next day (email) with some good discount on S&H.

Here is an example of a seller that offers combined shipping noted at the bottom of his ads. Also, HH has been out of stock of this item for quite sometime now, so I got mine from him:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spektrum-BLA...item2c69b04d31
*Some guys only would add extra few cents on combined shipping.
You may also purchase directly from HH if item is in stock.
If the seller won't respond, I find that emailing and giving them 48hrs notice or else you will raise a PayPal dispute works wonders.
KevinBuckley70 is offline Find More Posts by KevinBuckley70
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:14 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinBuckley70 View Post
If the seller won't respond, I find that emailing and giving them 48hrs notice or else you will raise a PayPal dispute works wonders.
I tried to dispute it. BUT records that he shipped it. He has tracking number. Evidently, this is not the first time HE did it. How does he acquires tracking number on an item he doesn't have is a big ? to me. 'Till eBay contacted him (which is 1 week window time from the case was opened), is the only time I got my money back from the seller. eBay is also fair by giving window time (to sellers) before they take actions & refund money out of their own pocket, which is quiker than filing a dispute with Credit cards or Paypal.
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Nov 13, 2012 at 12:20 AM.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:48 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
I tried to dispute it. BUT records that he shipped it. He has tracking number. Evidently, this is not the first time HE did it. How does he acquires tracking number on an item he doesn't have is a big ? to me. 'Till eBay contacted him (which is 1 week window time from the case was opened), is the only time I got my money back from the seller. eBay is also fair by giving window time (to sellers) before they take actions & refund money out of their own pocket, which is quiker than filing a dispute with Credit cards or Paypal.
The answer is right there in your link.

Reply by adventurehobbies2012 (Sep-30-12 17:22):
The labels are printed the moment they sell, unfortunately the item was on b/o

You can contact UPS for a pickup of anything, whether you have it or not, and they'll generate a tracking number. This happens all the time. Sometimes, you'll get a tracking number, check it on-line with UPS Tracking and even they won't have any info. It will just say that a label has been generated...but there IS a tracking number assigned...
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:08 AM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
935 Posts
Just got my 130x back from HH for warranty repair. They were very good and replaced the bird with a brand new one. I am wondering now if I should sell this new never flown 130x and get a 450 3D. Still learning but now I have the Nano I’m wondering about stepping up to something bigger. Anyone one have any comments?
Petrie is online now Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:20 AM
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jul 2001
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
Just got my 130x back from HH for warranty repair. They were very good and replaced the bird with a brand new one. I am wondering now if I should sell this new never flown 130x and get a 450 3D. Still learning but now I have the Nano I’m wondering about stepping up to something bigger. Anyone one have any comments?
I have a 130x & a 450x. I would definitely keep the 130x because it's moderately unbreakable which means you can be much more bold in your practice. I also have an mCPX but I find it too small to see and it gets away from you very quickly!

If you bang the 450 into anything, inevitably you're faced with an hour of repairs & a $20 - $50 cost.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:27 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
It basically boils down to two things. Easily accessible flying space and money. If you have both, go for the 450. However, I'd get the 450 X (or some other FBL 450) over the 450 3D. Heck, even the money may not even be as big of a deal... The 130 X can turn into quite an expensive little heli. Still, when it's flying well, it's an awesome little heli, but it will never fly as "big" or "smooth" as a good 450.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:38 AM
Joined Dec 2011
607 Posts
Quote:
I have a 130x & a 450x. I would definitely keep the 130x because it's moderately unbreakable which means you can be much more bold in your practice. I also have an mCPX but I find it too small to see and it gets away from you very quickly!

If you bang the 450 into anything, inevitably you're faced with an hour of repairs & a $20 - $50 cost.
Santley

Same situation as above. Keep the 130X to practice on after you have mastered the nano, then move on to 450. Always find the bigger machines more daunting due to higher inertia despite being more easier to orient on. If you have a good 130X, then they are really great machines, definitely better than the nano/mcpx for outdoor flying, and pretty strong for light crashes
deonjams is offline Find More Posts by deonjams
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:13 AM
Joined Feb 2012
935 Posts
Thanks guys. I guess that is what I was thinking in the back of my mind. Just seen the 450 3D in the LHS and fell in love with the larger heli “Man Thing” and the belt drive. Those little C and D plastic tail gears are a pain. Maybe I will put down a sheet of plywood in the pasture to take off and land on. Even short grass will not work for the 130.

I had the other 130 running real smooth after some work. I’ll do some reading to see if there are any new tricks for tuning a 130 and start again.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:08 AM
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jul 2001
279 Posts
Quote:
Thanks guys. I guess that is what I was thinking in the back of my mind. Just seen the 450 3D in the LHS and fell in love with the larger heli “Man Thing” and the belt drive. Those little C and D plastic tail gears are a pain. Maybe I will put down a sheet of plywood in the pasture to take off and land on. Even short grass will not work for the 130.

I had the other 130 running real smooth after some work. I’ll do some reading to see if there are any new tricks for tuning a 130 and start again.
I fly off my lawn all the time just try not to hook the skid under a tuft of grass when you put it down and get the hang of powering up for the first half metre.

After a battery worth of nothing but take offs and landings you wont have any trouble (keep your finger hooked behind the throttle hold switch though, just in case).

BTW - I turn the head speed down a bit which makes it more tame in the smaller space of my garden.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:11 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:

What about a Blade 300 X?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:38 AM
Joined Feb 2012
935 Posts
Quote:
I fly off my lawn all the time just try not to hook the skid under a tuft of grass when you put it down and get the hang of powering up for the first half metre.
Kevin my problem was the tail blade hitting the grass and stripping the C gear.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:00 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Kevin my problem was the tail blade hitting the grass and stripping the C gear.
So, how hard is it, really, to just toss out a piece of plywood or something on the grass as a helipad?