HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine 50 View Post
the only sound is the ECO of the locked room, asin the pick up the phone recording, all sounds asin, hehe
Weird sounding ECHO.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:11 PM
Joined Jan 2011
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
Weird sounding ECHO.

as it is, hehe...I can assure you, the heli sounds very very thin...
imagine 50 is offline Find More Posts by imagine 50
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:30 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,660 Posts
Hey Jaz,

I noticed some serious tail vibes during the spool-up @ 10:45. The tail fin vibrates wildly from 10:46 to 10:48 as the RPM comes up. Mine did the same thing. The engine-builder/auto racer/mechanical designer in me simply won't tolerate resonances like that in a rotating assembly - even if the fundamental is well-below operating speed - as one or more of the harmonics will likely fall smack-dab in the operating range. A harmonic may well be hammering away at the parts - even though there is no visible sign of vibration from a few feet away. Very much like how an unbalanced car tire may only be felt in the cabin at certain speeds, but the damage is still being done to the tire & suspension components even when you can't feel the vibrations inside the car.

Hence, why I balanced the tail & ended up installing Boca tailcase bearings in my 130X.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:14 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Hey Jaz,

I noticed some serious tail vibes during the spool-up @ 10:45. The tail fin vibrates wildly from 10:46 to 10:48 as the RPM comes up.
It's okay, though. He says the tail vibes are normal and to not worry about it. He even claimed that Blade said the same thing right in the manual regarding the vibes, but failed to provide a page number.

Quote:
Hence, why I balanced the tail & ended up installing Boca tailcase bearings in my 130X.
Same here. Not like it's exactly hard or anything...
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:48 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Hey Jaz,

I noticed some serious tail vibes during the spool-up @ 10:45. The tail fin vibrates wildly from 10:46 to 10:48 as the RPM comes up. Mine did the same thing. The engine-builder/auto racer/mechanical designer in me simply won't tolerate resonances like that in a rotating assembly - even if the fundamental is well-below operating speed - as one or more of the harmonics will likely fall smack-dab in the operating range. A harmonic may well be hammering away at the parts - even though there is no visible sign of vibration from a few feet away. Very much like how an unbalanced car tire may only be felt in the cabin at certain speeds, but the damage is still being done to the tire & suspension components even when you can't feel the vibrations inside the car.
I don't care much about it. The thing flies just fine.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:47 PM
Joined Oct 2009
226 Posts
No expert,...but

Quote:
Hey Jaz,

Joel
Thats what I have been having trouble with thoughout this whole thread, how could there be a resonance in a rotating part or assembly unless it is unbalanced in the first place ??
I realize that nothing is in perfect balance, but to say its just a resonance, and NOT an imbalance doesn't make any sense to me.
Some of these "rotating" assemblies on some of thses 130x's seem to more unbalanced than a 90 degree V6 !!

RUD
RUDDERLESS is offline Find More Posts by RUDDERLESS
Last edited by RUDDERLESS; Nov 08, 2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:55 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUDDERLESS View Post

Thats what I have been having trouble with thoughout this whole thread, how could there be a resonance in a rotating part or assembly unless it is unbalanced in the first place ??
Easy. Crappy, rough, loose bearings, for starters. And, the tail hub not pressed on exactly square with the tail shaft. Both are/were actually quite common problems although "they say" the parts are better now. Don't know if that's true, though. I haven't had to buy a tail shaft since getting several that I personally inspected before buying right after the 130 X first came out. I also upgraded the entire heli to Boca bearings.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:02 AM
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jul 2001
279 Posts
Blade 130x - strange noise (1 min 25 sec)

I am trying to figure out what is causing the persistent screeching noise which sounds like a faulty main shaft bearing. It has had this problem from new (less than a month old & less than one hours flight time), initially it was sporadic but has quickly become continuous.

The fact it is so new is what is making me think it ISN'T the bearings.

Any suggestions welcome.
KevinBuckley70 is offline Find More Posts by KevinBuckley70
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:20 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinBuckley70 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4gLMnplWzc
I am trying to figure out what is causing the persistent screeching noise which sounds like a faulty main shaft bearing. It has had this problem from new (less than a month old & less than one hours flight time), initially it was sporadic but has quickly become continuous.

Any suggestions welcome.
I'm hearing some "unevenness" type noise but not really any screeching. Check your motor. Sounds like the bearings in it may be going south. I've heard similar noises and it was the bearings in a brushless motor. Try lubing the bearings and see if it helps. If it doesn't, drop the $45 or so on a new motor and keep those bearings lubed. If it doesn't fix the noise, at least you'll have an important spare part that you very well may end up needing down the road anyway.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:34 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,237 Posts
I agree with CRV.
But, lube all the bearings one at a time til it goes away or at least changes the sound. Start with the tail bearings and work your way forward. I think it may be in the tail cause it sounds like mine did at one time.
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Nov 09, 2012, 10:13 AM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,023 Posts
What is the best method, and product, to oil the bearings? I'm a farmer, we use a big oil can and a grease gun on bearings. Don't think that will work. Seriously, the wife has a needle oiler she uses on her sewing machine. Is that something like you are talking about?
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:40 AM
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jul 2001
279 Posts
Given that it's less than a month old & had this 'fault' out of the box, I'm inclined to just take it back to the shop! Although I have to say, my experience of customer service from this hobby is not great.

Has anyone tried using these kinds of lubrication products on heli. bearings (I use this on my mountain bike): http://www.tredz.co.uk/prodimg/25854_1_SuperSize.jpg
KevinBuckley70 is offline Find More Posts by KevinBuckley70
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:44 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
What is the best method, and product, to oil the bearings? I'm a farmer, we use a big oil can and a grease gun on bearings. Don't think that will work. Seriously, the wife has a needle oiler she uses on her sewing machine. Is that something like you are talking about?
Triflow or Rem-oil or CLP
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:04 PM
Joined Mar 2011
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinBuckley70 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4gLMnplWzc

Any suggestions welcome.
Perhaps the TT rubbing inside the tail boom. If the TT has deflection it will make screeching/rubbing/ grinding noise.
stablehover is offline Find More Posts by stablehover
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:14 PM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Sounded like mine at one point - lubed the bearings with synthetic bearing oil and it went away.
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277