SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:20 AM
Australia
Joined May 2008
98 Posts
Thanks to all here for ALL the mods. Have done most mods to 4 helis and 3 are now rock solid. Only one has the head shakes (fast flight with 3D blades only-bullets are fine) from day one.....did all the mods here with stock parts and it's still there.
- so far, canopy grommet swash mod, replaced swash,played with blade tightness,lowered gains ail, elev etc, played with all 20 gain steps, replaced blades, grips, feathering shaft,blades, hub twice, main shaft twice, tail boom,blades 3 times....skip to the end...everything apart from servos and main board... Used Deoxit on servos, adjusted play in servos, fitted DS35 for rudder, square tailshaft with 2 Mcpx bearings, carbon on tail etc etc...

Have no tail vibes on spool up as square tailshaft,extra mcpx bearings and tape mod on tailblades... all runs, sounds smooth.

I'm sure I've missed something simple.. and will get a laugh when it's found-this heli is just not locked in like the other 3 i fly daily...any ideas?
3Dehover is offline Find More Posts by 3Dehover
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:53 AM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dehover View Post
Thanks to all here for ALL the mods. Have done most mods to 4 helis and 3 are now rock solid. Only one has the head shakes (fast flight with 3D blades only-bullets are fine) from day one.....did all the mods here with stock parts and it's still there.
- so far, canopy grommet swash mod, replaced swash,played with blade tightness,lowered gains ail, elev etc, played with all 20 gain steps, replaced blades, grips, feathering shaft,blades, hub twice, main shaft twice, tail boom,blades 3 times....skip to the end...everything apart from servos and main board... Used Deoxit on servos, adjusted play in servos, fitted DS35 for rudder, square tailshaft with 2 Mcpx bearings, carbon on tail etc etc...

Have no tail vibes on spool up as square tailshaft,extra mcpx bearings and tape mod on tailblades... all runs, sounds smooth.

I'm sure I've missed something simple.. and will get a laugh when it's found-this heli is just not locked in like the other 3 i fly daily...any ideas?
Wow! 4 130X's. I thought I was over the top with 2. Maybe we should start a support group called Helis Anonymous. HA for short.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Nov 07, 2012, 08:50 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,261 Posts
Yeah,,,, normal retail,,, that's $1200.00 worth of helis. WOW,,, I had to save for 3 months just to get 1.
Garry K.
garryk is online now Find More Posts by garryk
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:59 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
Yeah,,,, normal retail,,, that's $1200.00 worth of helis. WOW,,, I had to save for 3 months just to get 1.
Garry K.
+ the cost of all the mods... not insubstantial!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:09 PM
Joined Jan 2011
83 Posts
Blade 130x Just out of the Box,NOT Upgrades.Tset Flight (6 min 32 sec)
imagine 50 is offline Find More Posts by imagine 50
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:23 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine 50 View Post
Michael? Are you sure you're not my brother? Looks a lot like him?

Btw, check my review of the 130x also. I show how mine worked without any repairs, but many of them do seem to have problems. We have no real feeling for what the ratio of good to bad really is though.
Blade 130X Consumer Review (14 min 45 sec)
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Nov 07, 2012, 03:14 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,261 Posts
Is that tail vibes I'm hearing?
Garry K.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 03:21 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine 50 View Post
Wow, that thing doesn't sound very healthy... Sounds like resonant tail vibe galore.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:14 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,393 Posts
Quote:
Is that tail vibes I'm hearing?
Garry K.
It is high gain on the cyclic caused by a really hot battery. Break in the batteries and stuff a bit and it stopped doing that. If you use a good battery and that head speed stays high, it's probably useful to reduce the gain if that issue persists.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:01 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
It is high gain on the cyclic caused by a really hot battery.
Wrong. Again...
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:42 PM
Joined Mar 2011
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
Wrong. Again...
really sertav
stablehover is offline Find More Posts by stablehover
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:14 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablehover View Post
really sertav
lol...+ 1 Once a troll always a troll. Eh sviking-kokopelli-Mhunter-sertav-Hellybelly- scott_G -Mdbarhsi ect.... Anywaysssssss....Imagine: that clock on your back wall. Is that a Zenon ? Very old school clock I have one very similar, for like 30 years now. Nice hands free vid by the way. Pretty cool for a micro.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:43 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
It is high gain on the cyclic caused by a really hot battery. Break in the batteries and stuff a bit and it stopped doing that. If you use a good battery and that head speed stays high, it's probably useful to reduce the gain if that issue persists.
Sorry Jasmine, I was referring to the other video. Not yours. I should have said that. Or is that what you were talking about?
Garry K.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:03 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,393 Posts
Quote:
Sorry Jasmine, I was referring to the other video. Not yours. I should have said that. Or is that what you were talking about?
Garry K.
Both actually. If you listen to the frequency, you can tell it's blade noise, not tail.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:08 PM
Joined Jan 2011
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
Wow, that thing doesn't sound very healthy... Sounds like resonant tail vibe galore.
the only sound is the ECO of the locked room, asin the pick up the phone recording, all sounds asin, hehe
imagine 50 is offline Find More Posts by imagine 50