HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:51 AM
Joined Apr 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
You mean the too of us don't have two much to drink when we have to beers? Like that?

I wish people would figger out when to use "me" instead of "I". That one drive me crazy. "Here's a picture of Jerry and I." Yeesh... terrible.

I'm not bothered about the I & me issue. There just trying to be more posher than they our.

But switching then & than seems to becoming epidemic :

"I'd rather fly the 130x then my Nano outside cos its easier to sea.
But if its windy I'd fly the Nano than the 130x cos it brakes less when I crash"

rangebound is offline Find More Posts by rangebound
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:45 AM
Biplanes and Helicopters
USA, CA, Arroyo Grande
Joined Oct 2007
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangebound View Post
I'm not bothered about the I & me issue. There just trying to be more posher than they our.

But switching then & than seems to becoming epidemic :

"I'd rather fly the 130x then my Nano outside cos its easier to sea.
But if its windy I'd fly the Nano than the 130x cos it brakes less when I crash"

Well agreed. They call us "grammar cops" as if it is a bad thing.

To, two, too; they're, their, there; then, than; when, whenever (my personal favorite).

I remember in HS History Class (about a billion years ago), my teacher misspelled a word on the chalkboard, my hand shot up and I corrected his spelling. He responded scathingly, "This is not an English class." I retorted, with equal sarcasm, "Obviously."

...and it was off to the Boy's Dean's office I went.

Between IM, text and chat, our written language is doomed.

Simon
AtomicPunk is offline Find More Posts by AtomicPunk
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:27 AM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
Well agreed. They call us "grammar cops" as if it is a bad thing.

To, two, too; they're, their, there; then, than; when, whenever (my personal favorite).

I remember in HS History Class (about a billion years ago), my teacher misspelled a word on the chalkboard, my hand shot up and I corrected his spelling. He responded scathingly, "This is not an English class." I retorted, with equal sarcasm, "Obviously."

...and it was off to the Boy's Dean's office I went.

Between IM, text and chat, our written language is doomed.

Simon
I understand, school kids don't even have to learn cursive handwriting anymore. How will they be able to sign their name?
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:38 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
I understand, school kids don't even have to learn cursive handwriting anymore. How will they be able to sign their name?
Digital signature.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:52 AM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
Digital signature.
Next thing will be arithmetic. Who needs that, everyone has a calculator? That's why the US is ranked 25th out of 34 industrialized countries in math.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:54 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Next thing will be arithmetic. Who needs that, everyone has a calculator? That's why the US is ranked 25th out of 34 industrialized countries in math.
As for math and electronic calculating devices, it's been that way for a long time. Ask your average fast food worker to compute correct change on the fly in their head. Most can't do it without their computerized registers.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:11 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangebound View Post
I never thought using improper English would ever have become "posher". Yeeesh...

Quote:
It's already happened. An unparenthesized math expression with just the 4 basic operations is making its rounds on Facebook. People are coming up with all kinds of answers because they aren't using precedence rules. Without precedence the answer is indeterminant... a bad thing in math. And yet, many who get it wrong argue that precedence is wrong and should not be applied to the problem.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:14 AM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,077 Posts
Any1 still talk about and fly the 130X? R is this English 101?
Petrie is online now Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:18 AM
Joined Aug 2012
413 Posts
I flew mine this weekend, did a few more flips, almost crashed.

I still only have 2 batteries I have been waiting for my hobbyking order for amonth.. Tracking shows them in NY since the 27th.
KTMDirtFace is offline Find More Posts by KTMDirtFace
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:21 AM
Joined Dec 2010
7,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post
I flew mine this weekend, did a few more flips, almost crashed.
Well, you are doing better than I (This "I" is correct, btw.)

I flew mine this weekend, did a few more flips, and crashed.

This bugger is indestructible! I crashed 3 times in one flying session and with no toolbox.

Oh, wait... Me crashed three times... Me did that. Am I sounding "posh" now? Or does the substitution work only the other way?
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:25 AM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,077 Posts
Mine is still at HH. Waiting for servo repair. It was checked in on the 1st and they changed the lead time from 7 to 8 days today Waiting for a response.
Petrie is online now Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:29 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,341 Posts
Eye has bout fity flites and know badness has hapened......LOL
Garry K.
garryk is online now Find More Posts by garryk
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:35 PM
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jul 2001
279 Posts
Flew for about an hour this afternoon in 10 knot wind gusting 15 - I agree: pretty indestructible! However, I seem to have split the last segment of the tail boom along its length. I'll try putting a CF wrap around it for now until a new one arrives.
KevinBuckley70 is offline Find More Posts by KevinBuckley70
Last edited by KevinBuckley70; Nov 06, 2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 01:05 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,190 Posts
I am also bothered by the use of improper grammar.

Back to the 130X....

Just for grins, I mounted my #16 cam under the belly with a bit of gyro tape & shot some on-board video. The bird may be smooth in the hand, but there is still enough vibration to cause serious jello effects in the video! Given the period, I think it's a main rotor dynamic balance issue.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; Nov 06, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 01:59 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
I am also bothered by the use of improper grammar.

Back to the 130X....

Just for grins, I mounted my #16 cam under the belly with a bit of gyro tape & shot some on-board video. The bird may be smooth in the hand, but there is still enough vibration to cause serious jello effects in the video! Given the period, I think it's a main rotor dynamic balance issue.

Joel
I did this too with the same results. I've just got to find the time to embark on a balancing session! Jellllloooo!