HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:32 AM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,644 Posts
Joel,

Your Hyp (2S) 400 was mailed yesterday afternoon.

Looking forward to your 130X flight tests.

I think it will be excellent in many of the UMX planes as well.

#s here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=981

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:04 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,891 Posts
You can try new stuff, and it's so easy! (At least flips are.) Interestingly, I have Phoenix 4, but used it only once for helis. I tried flips on it and figured, "What a waste of time. They can't be this easy! Why bother practicing on this?" But they are just like on Phoenix.

I forgot to mention, repairs took about 5 minutes. Ha! Invincible...

I've put my #16 up on my 130x. Too much jello, but it flies fine with it. I'll have to balance things out.

I've been frustrated with my 300x's vibration, so haven't been flying it much. So, while I was in repair mode last night I decided to get to the root of the problem and check the only thing left. Well, the main shaft had a little run-out. I put another in and problem solved.

Over here in N. Cal. we have better weather than we deserve. Flying has been fantastic and today will be no different. Gorgeous clear skies, hardly any wind... what is it you and Babbel talk about? KICS? Yeah... KICS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Erkq,

Congrats on your first aerobatic flight! Sorry to hear about your crash, though. She surely is tough! I could hardly believe how little damage mine suffered after I augered her in at top speed at my friend's flying field. I doubt that my mSR would have fared any better.

The beauty of 130X is that one can try new things without worrying about expensive repairs, yet it flies just like the big birds. I had tried to get flips & rolls down with my mCP X, but was unable to get comfortable doing aerobatics with it. I ended up spending more time learning how to compensate for the heli's idiosyncrasies than learning the maneuvers! The 130X flies so well that I can concentrate on the maneuvers, rather than the heli.

I wouldn't want to give up my 300X, though. It's even more stable than the 130X in stronger winds, and it's much easier to see! It's also a lot less fiddly to get flying smoothly, and I can actually work on it without needing a magnifier lamp! Plus - it can easily carry a videocam with decent glass.

BTW - RCBabbel says that my lightweight Hyp 400 35c pack should be here soon. Looking forward to testing it in the 130X. It's less than a gram heavier than his TP 325 packs, so it should have minimal effect on the CG.

It's supposed to be in the high 40s & sunny today, with a 5-10 MPH breeze. Doesn't get much better than that around here this time of year. Packs are charged. I think I'm going to hang my #16 cam under the 130X & shoot some on-board footage just for grins. Haven't seen much of that with the 130X. Guess I'll be finding out just how smooth mine really is. I'll post a clip if it's not full of jello-effects.

Joel
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:10 AM
Joined Dec 2010
7,891 Posts
And, OMG... the 300x compared to my buddy's Align 450 with the V-bar system... I really may have to sell the 300x... that Align has sooo much juice! Wow... It just sweeps the sky with its rainbows. But I'll fly it balanced first for sure!
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:49 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
And, OMG... the 300x compared to my buddy's Align 450 with the V-bar system... I really may have to sell the 300x... that Align has sooo much juice! Wow... It just sweeps the sky with its rainbows. But I'll fly it balanced first for sure!
Yeah the 450pro has some serious power just on 3s...then if you go to 6s it is nuts! The 300 for me is a nice mellow park flyer so it has its own place.

If you want a 450 cheap let me know i got pro v2 fbl.... I want bigger
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:58 AM
Joined Dec 2010
7,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post

If you want a 450 cheap let me know i got pro v2 fbl.... I want bigger
Wife... kill... me...

Has it got those cool solid swash-to-blade links? What controller? I seriously doubt I could do it though. You willing to PM me the details so I can dream?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:33 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,449 Posts
It's funny... when I was leaving this morning, I checked the weather and it's supposed to be nice after work and I might be able to get a flight in... so... which helicopter did I grab? The 130X... I decided if it isn't nice enough after work to fly the 130X, I won't fly today
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:42 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:

I want bigger
How much bigger and why?

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:48 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Wife... kill... me...

Has it got those cool solid swash-to-blade links? What controller? I seriously doubt I could do it though. You willing to PM me the details so I can dream?
ill send you a PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
How much bigger and why?

Bob
Well at the 450 size it has reached the point where i cant fly at my local park since it has way too many people. So if I have to travel I want a larger heli such as a 550-700 size.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:56 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
ill send you a PM

Well at the 450 size it has reached the point where i cant fly at my local park since it has way too many people. So if I have to travel I want a larger heli such as a 550-700 size.
Whoa, that size is nice. I flew my buddies T-500 last week and it was so sweet and really easy to fly. I am saving for the 450 but I really don't think I am ready for the bigger birds just yet. Really intimidated at the power of the T-500 and I can only imagine what the bigger model will do. Watch Bert fly the Goblin 770 and it was awesome! When you can fly like that, it's all reflex. No time to think about what's happening.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:31 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
I love the goblin but I would have to buy my wife something really...really nice too

Then buy her something again every time i crash it
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:04 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,242 Posts
Quote:
I love the goblin but I would have to buy my wife something really...really nice too

Then buy her something again every time i crash it
BIG THANKS for the idea .
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:20 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
Joel,

Your Hyp (2S) 400 was mailed yesterday afternoon.

Looking forward to your 130X flight tests.

I think it will be excellent in many of the UMX planes as well.

#s here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=981

rc
RC,

Got it today - thanks! Forecast says 15-20 MPH winds for tomorrow, but Friday looks much better. I can hardy wait to try it out!

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:41 AM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
Indoor Flight

I'm really starting to like the 130 X. At first it seemed like too much work to keep it flying but after some initial tweaks it's become problem free. I love the brushless power.

Here's a video from a few days ago at the gym.

Blade 130 X Micro Helicopter Indoor Flight (4 min 11 sec)

And here's the Nano. It's quite fun also.

Blade nCP X Nano Helicopter (3 min 2 sec)
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:43 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
Real 3D!

This is absolutely amazing. I think he did a few piroflips.

Red Bull Airrace - Lausitzring - BO-105 Rainer Wilke (HD) (4 min 23 sec)
jhroof is online now Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:41 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
This is absolutely amazing. I think he did a few piroflips.
Holy Cr@p! It looks like he never put any - g's on the blades, though. It looks like all inverted stuff was falling. Keeping the tail boom and blades in one piece is a good thing!