HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:36 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,178 Posts
I spend at least 100 bucks a month there on average. I'm afraid to actually add it up, so let's just go with that. LOL But knowing the owner, he would do it for anyone he sold to, so I'll give a plug for Viper Hobbies in Mesa, Arizona.
Garry K.
garryk is online now Find More Posts by garryk
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:08 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
So after a lot of Manny hard 3D'g the 9g motors here is what has resulted so far. The 8000kv motor seems to be the perfect set-up. He got 19 really hard flights on an all stock heli before the tail started losing its authority a bit. I think it is due to the C and D gears just wearing out. The 8500kv motor was just too much motor for the stock heli tail servo even with metal upgrades. I have now installed a DS35 servo on the tail and the heli is really solid for now. Hopefully, I will have a chance to get her to Manny for an all out test this weekend.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
So after a lot of Manny hard 3D'g the 9g motors here is what has resulted so far. The 8000kv motor seems to be the perfect set-up. He got 19 really hard flights on an all stock heli before the tail started losing its authority a bit. I think it is due to the C and D gears just wearing out. The 8500kv motor was just too much motor for the stock heli tail servo even with metal upgrades. I have now installed a DS35 servo on the tail and the heli is really solid for now. Hopefully, I will have a chance to get her to Manny for an all out test this weekend.
I'd really like to see those metal C & D gears for sale here in the states soon.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:22 PM
Joined Oct 2009
226 Posts
Expertise

I would like to pick up a 130x to replace my 120SR.

Without starting an all out war, could you guys & gals help me with this tail "vibration" issue.

Iím only interested in the infamous tail vibration caused solely by the out of square tail rotor "shaft" ?

Therefore, when I go to pick one up at the shop and test it, will the lack of vibration indicate that the shaft is square ?, and versa visa ?

Bottom line, I guess what Iím trying to do is, get a 130x with a square shaft by testing 1st !!!

Thanks for any and all input, RUD
RUDDERLESS is offline Find More Posts by RUDDERLESS
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:35 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,178 Posts
The answer is yes to all 3 questions.
Garry K.
garryk is online now Find More Posts by garryk
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:47 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jun 2012
44 Posts
With regard to your "versa visa [sic]" - A perfectly square tail shaft won't necessarily mean no tail vibrations, as there are other potential vibration sources. The first post in this thread has a lot of information about what do look for when purchasing a 130X.
MarkEHansen is offline Find More Posts by MarkEHansen
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:59 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEHansen View Post
With regard to your "versa visa [sic]" - A perfectly square tail shaft won't necessarily mean no tail vibrations, as there are other potential vibration sources. The first post in this thread has a lot of information about what do look for when purchasing a 130X.
I was going to say this myself but I didn't want to be mercilessly attacked for it. How wrong is that? I'm holding back good information now.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:41 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
I was going to say this myself but I didn't want to be mercilessly attacked for it. How wrong is that? I'm holding back good information now.
I so want to see this "held back" information...
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:30 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
I so want to see this "held back" information...
Why do you say stuff that's not true? That's just not true.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:39 PM
Joined Mar 2012
68 Posts
Since i'm thinking about getting this heli in the future, if i go pick one up and it has the tail vibration will the tape on one of the blades trick work or would i need to buy some upgrade parts from microheli or so?

Cheers
cply is offline Find More Posts by cply
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:15 PM
Inverted Airfield
Iowa
Joined Nov 2009
151 Posts
If the vibes aren't excessive, and go away as you reach 50% throttle, then you will be successful at eliminating all vibes by just adding a little piece of tape to one blade. If they are violent, then replace the tail shaft. If you push the violent vibes, then you will throw a blade, and this heli isn't very stable, and as a result, way out of balance with only one tail blade. I speak from experience.
HeliFax is offline Find More Posts by HeliFax
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:50 PM
Joined Mar 2012
68 Posts
Thanks, will keep that in mind and if they're super violent i'll get another tail shafe (it will have to be from blade i guess for now?).

Much appreciated and hope i will be lucky and get just no vibrations or the fixable by tape ones hehe.
cply is offline Find More Posts by cply
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:29 PM
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2009
1,636 Posts
No tail issue for me, overall the 130X seems amazingly stable. I have a JR9303 and I have programmed it to get as close as possible to the manual recommendations for the DX8: seems just fine with no need for further adjustments for now. Only issues are that binding is occasionally erratic (but it works at the 3rd try at most) and that the heli shakes during fast descents. For the latter I will try red silicone O-rings on the swash linkages.

Blade130X Flight 3 14 Oct 2012 (2 min 50 sec)
DMala is offline Find More Posts by DMala
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:30 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUDDERLESS View Post
I would like to pick up a 130x to replace my 120SR.

Without starting an all out war, could you guys & gals help me with this tail "vibration" issue.

Iím only interested in the infamous tail vibration caused solely by the out of square tail rotor "shaft" ?

Therefore, when I go to pick one up at the shop and test it, will the lack of vibration indicate that the shaft is square ?, and versa visa ?

Bottom line, I guess what Iím trying to do is, get a 130x with a square shaft by testing 1st !!!

Thanks for any and all input, RUD
If you grab one off the shelf and it's vibration free right out of the box chance are your good. How long it holds up is the big question. No one can answer that with any accuracy.

Mike
mike2663 is online now Find More Posts by mike2663
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:59 AM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jun 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
That is a shame. You have a lot of good experience that will be valuable to others if shared. I certainly have benefited from your posts. I think there are some here that seem intent on being disruptive and should be ignored like a neighbor's barking dog.
MarkEHansen is offline Find More Posts by MarkEHansen