HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:04 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Fine. Their lack of response is simply "I made it up because it's not in the manual" confirmation anyway.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:05 PM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
I
If you are selling them for $279 and you think people expect a lot more for the price how about lowering your prices like other vendors. Lots of LHS sell for $230-240 which even if it needs a new slider, tail shaft or just a stiffer tail fin IMHO is a good deal...plus it has HH backing if something electronic goes bad.
Or we could just give product away and close the doors........................Think I'll go with plan B ,return every defective 130 and let Horizon deal with them.
The Mcpx @ $179.00 are doing very well with a lot less hassle.
Mike
mike2663 is online now Find More Posts by mike2663
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:07 PM
Joined Aug 2012
413 Posts
just ordered some spare parts. hopefully a decent start to my parts bin.

1 x Blade Servo Pushrod Set (BLH3708) = $5.99
1 x Blade Rear Tail Gear Set w/Collar (BLH3736) = $3.99
1 x Blade Tail Gear Set (BLH3729) = $12.49
1 x Blade Tail Shaft w/Hub & Collar (BLH3731) = $4.99
1 x Blade Tail Boom (BLH3717) = $5.99
1 x Blade Fast Flight Main Rotor Blade Set (Green) (130 X) (BLH3715GR) = $9.99
KTMDirtFace is offline Find More Posts by KTMDirtFace
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2663 View Post
Or we could just give product away and close the doors........................Think I'll go with plan B ,return every defective 130 and let Horizon deal with them.
The Mcpx @ $179.00 are doing very well wit a lot less hassle.
Mike
So, no happy medium between "return them all" and a certain hard-lined (incorrect) "opinion" of they all fly fine, so just fly them shakes and all?

I vote somewhere in between for some minor tinkering (when needed) to get a smooth awesome little FBL heli.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:09 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:

Mike
If you wanted to sure
Plenty dealers are selling them for a much more reasonable price than MAP and still have no issues keeping their doors open. Even working perfectly I think MAP pricing is too high and I wouldn't pay it.

Edited-- badly worded and didn't come out how I meant.
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Oct 21, 2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post
just ordered some spare parts. hopefully a decent start to my parts bin.

1 x Blade Servo Pushrod Set (BLH3708) = $5.99
1 x Blade Rear Tail Gear Set w/Collar (BLH3736) = $3.99
1 x Blade Tail Gear Set (BLH3729) = $12.49
1 x Blade Tail Shaft w/Hub & Collar (BLH3731) = $4.99
1 x Blade Tail Boom (BLH3717) = $5.99
1 x Blade Fast Flight Main Rotor Blade Set (Green) (130 X) (BLH3715GR) = $9.99
Don't know what else you have, but I'd add the metal A gear (stock strips easily) and the tail pitch slider (stock gets way too sloppy...or starts out that way).
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:34 PM
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,127 Posts
[QUOTE=indoorheli;23062027]If you wanted to sure

You remind me of my local hobbytown who wants to make the most off every sell and doesn't think about the repeat customer. /QUOTE]

Honestly you have no clue about me or our business. I guess your just on of those guys who knows it all. God forbid someone should have a different view than yours.
My only concern is for my customers and their satisfaction. Which in return builds trust and a return sale.

Time is money. Sure "fly every one that comes in" that takes time along with boxing up and returning defective product that never should have been shipped in the first place.

We sell a lot of Horizon products with no issues and their service is second to none. With that said I along with my customers expect more from them than say H.K.

Mike
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:12 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
Fine. Their lack of response is simply "I made it up because it's not in the manual" confirmation anyway.
No my lack of response and the fact that I never read your PM is because I just don't care about you any more.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
No my lack of response and the fact that I never read your PM is because I just don't care about you any more.
Fair enough. Besides, anyone can see your falsification, as proven today by someone else verifying your erroneous claim wasn't in the manual. And, no reply doesn't mean you didn't read it. You know you did
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:37 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Honestly you have no clue about me or our business. I guess your just on of those guys who knows it all. God forbid someone should have a different view than yours.
My only concern is for my customers and their satisfaction. Which in return builds trust and a return sale.

Mike

Your right I dont know you and I can only compare what I know with what you have written. I dont claim to know it all but you were the one who said this which brought me into the line of my current thinking
Quote:
I've flown a bunch of these right out of the box and right now 1 out of every 4 is acceptable ( but far from perfect) to sell.
Mike
I suggested selling them for less as many LHS do and not the crazy high MAP and your reply was just being smart. if you know it is far from perfect and your customer wont be happy why sell at full MAP??

My view being in sales is if I know something is 100% I dont retail it at full price...but I guess that is just my view which from only what you have written does indeed seem different than yours.

Anyhow if I offended you I apologize as that wasnt my intent...sometimes written words dont come out as the same intentions as face to face chat
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Oct 21, 2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:46 PM
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,127 Posts
" suggested selling them for less as many LHS do and not the crazy high MAP and your reply was just being smart. if you know it is far from perfect and your customer wont be happy why sell at full MAP If they are far from perfect and you still sell them at MAP like i said it reminds me of my local hobbytown."

Why dump crap on my customers?
" Crazy high map" , just what do you think the profit margin is on these that we can just mark em down and sell them? Marking down new unsellable product makes no sense if you can return them for full credit.

All this is about is offering a quality useable product from a reputable vendor. Not a product that has known issues and were willing to just sit back and accept it. We deserve and should expect better.

Rather simple as I see it but I've been wrong before.

Mike
Last edited by mike2663; Oct 21, 2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:51 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,288 Posts
If he sold all of them at a discounted price then the problem would still exist of one person feeling that they didn't get as good a deal as the person who got one that wasn't bad.
I bought mine knowing that it could have a bad tail, and it did. The owner of the LHS that I got it from warrantied the tail hub and resulting cracked bearing box tail housing and it's been fine since. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Arguing these points is a useless and a bit petty. The total cost of upgrading my mCPX to brushless was more than the cost of the 130X and no where near the awesome heli the 130X turned out to be before any mods.
I just think that you would be hard pressed to find another heli manufactured out there that is as easily accessible for parts, as good a warranty and customer service and every one of them is perfect out of the box.
Of course if you do, I would love to check it out.
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:56 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
+ 1.... Many ppl in rcgroups feel the same way. Skidder87, sertav, kokopelli, Mhunter, sviking, hellybelly, scott_g, tobaggen, When does it ever end ? And same goes for him. You know for a fact he will read this. lmao. Punishment = an I.P scrambler with loads of pop ups. ha
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:04 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Why dump crap on my customers?
" Crazy high map" , just what do you think the profit margin is on these that we can just mark em down and sell them? Marking down new unsellable product makes no sense if you can return them for full credit.

All this is about is offering a quality useable product from a reputable vendor. Not a product that has known issues and were willing to just sit back and accept it. We deserve and should expect better.

Rather simple as I see it but I've been wrong before.

Mike
It is only my personal opinion that I think ALL HH MAP is crazy high. I think on average I pay about 20% less than MAP which for me is much more reasonable for product and service.

I realize the average re-seller cost is around $220 for a 130x but if you believe none are 100% I just dont understand why you still are selling them for MAP when you yourself dont believe they are 100% which was reasoning behind my original statement...

BTW nice childish post title Mike, god forbid someone should have a different opinion right?
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:15 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
I bought mine knowing that it could have a bad tail, and it did. The owner of the LHS that I got it from warrantied the tail hub and resulting cracked bearing box tail housing and it's been fine since.
Did your LHS just go ahead and replace those parts without you having to contact Horizon? If so, that's awesome and you're very fortunate to have a great LHS. Many of us don't due to lack of proximity and/or bad business practices.

I was just wondering because I've seen reports where HH required someone to go through the hobby shop where they purchased something first (either locally or on-line). Basically, HH wouldn't deal with the customer directly and they can tell if it's something wasn't purchased directly from them.