HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:40 PM
How high does it go?..duh
Currently in...UK
Joined Jun 2004
2,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
So what (options) do most people do with poor quality tail hubs?
I emailed Horizon UK with photos, and they sent me a brand new tail shaft and tail box, by mail the next day.

I used dental floss to jam the torque shaft inside the 'B' gear, and a blob of CA on the tip of the other end (after I fitted the 'C') to hold it in place.
Pigs dont fly is offline Find More Posts by Pigs dont fly
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:03 PM
How high does it go?..duh
Currently in...UK
Joined Jun 2004
2,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschult View Post
I had the same issues with my mcpx and after adding longer boom, aluminum swash,aluminum blade grips, completed mod on the servos, carbon landing gear, and almost everything else i had a good little heli.LOL!!!! All kidding aside, how much work will it take to make it worth it?? i want something this size and I was also looking at the v120d02s.
Thanks,Eric
Heres a list of everything I've done

Replaced the tail as supplied and did the shaft as above.

Added mcpx blade grip bearings, on the outsides of the tail box, with a little CA to hold. This makes the shaft fit better and removes bearing slop.

Added RKH tail slider.

Added metal 'A', I had to grind the edge down though and add a shim as the new 'A' was shorter than the plastic one.

Thats it, flys great, 3d is very similar to 450.
Pigs dont fly is offline Find More Posts by Pigs dont fly
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
I just purchased a DX18 online and I have a feeling if I ever had an issue they would not ask me to do anything with a LHS and in the remote chance they did I would ask to speak to someone else. After all it is their product and their warranty says they not a LHS supports it
Well, I've ready plenty of cases where they said to go through the hobby shop, aka dealer. There's a guy over on HF who's having a heck of a time with his 130 X because HH won't help him directly. He is in Canada although I can't see why that should matter.

Sometimes, it seems like they have a "your new car goes back to the dealer for warranty work, not the importer/distributor/manufacturer" mentality.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:18 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,448 Posts
Quote:
iI have only bought one larger dollar item straight from HH and it was my savage flux HP and reason being they had it lower than anywhere else. Other than that I buy from LHS (rarely though they are a hobbytown) or mostly online. If someone at HH says you need to go through a LHS that is BS and I would call back or ask to be transferred until they agreed to fix their product.

I just purchased a DX18 online and I have a feeling if I ever had an issue they would not ask me to do anything with a LHS and in the remote chance they did I would ask to speak to someone else. After all it is their product and their warranty says they not a LHS supports it
I have seven Blade heli's and have had problems with three of them including two with defective PCB's. Blade sent me new parts no questions asked. If I'm not mistaken, the manual that comes with the heli says to call Blade with warranty issues.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:18 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,346 Posts
Well I guess like any business not all employees are good ones. This is why I say ask to be transferred or call back until they fix it.

I had some issues with my 300x last month and they had no issues working on my web purchased heli. Same goes for every other issue I have had. Now sometimes I did get a crap employee that wasn't doing hh justice so I called backed until someone corrected the issue.

On my 300x it took two returns (bad first inspection) and on the second I wrote a letter letting them know how unhappy I was needing a second go around. They went well beyond my expectations the second time so now I am 150% satisfied.

Maybe some people stop with the initial less than stellar employee.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:23 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Well I guess like any business not all employees are good ones. This is why I say ask to be transferred or call back until they fix it.

I had some issues with my 300x last month and they had no issues working on my web purchased heli. Same goes for every other issue I have had. Now sometimes I did get a crap employee that wasn't doing hh justice so I called backed until someone corrected the issue.
You're right. Persistence is the key.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:26 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
I have seven Blade heli's and have had problems with three of them including two with defective PCB's. Blade sent me new parts no questions asked. If I'm not mistaken, the manual that comes with the heli says to call Blade with warranty issues.
I have had probably 20 or so blade helis and I too have had a few issues but like your experience they have corrected the issue. The manuals does state HH warranties the helis so those who are directed to their lhs should point that little bit of the manual out and not take the employees b.s.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:34 PM
Joined Aug 2012
412 Posts
Well my 130x is broken...and I wasnt flying it.

I literally dropped it on the floor in the kitchen just taking the battery out of it... well one of the ball links from the servo control arm ripped clean off stripped totally!? I might temporatly fix it with some glue. This is its first "accident" I have not crashed it flying. Kinda bummed but glad that thing didnt strip during flight!
KTMDirtFace is offline Find More Posts by KTMDirtFace
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:35 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,335 Posts
Lol, i broke my 250 that way once too. It happens.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:44 PM
Joined Aug 2012
412 Posts
While I'm ordering parts what are some spares I should add to my order?
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Lol, i broke my 250 that way once too. It happens.
Did you ever find the page number in the 130 X manual where you absolutely claimed Blade said that "it shakes" and "to not worry about it" regarding the tail vibes? That is a fair question.

Third paragraph:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4956
Last edited by crvnation; Oct 21, 2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:52 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post
While I'm ordering parts what are some spares I should add to my order?
Well, I have had my 130X for three months and so far the only parts I have broken are; 2 canopies, 2 tail booms, 4 sets of C&D gears and wore out 3 plastic A gears. I finally installed metal A gear which will save money in the long run.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:53 PM
Joined Aug 2012
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
Did you ever find the page number in the 130 X manual where you absolutely claimed Blade said that "it shakes" and "to not worry about it" regarding the tail vibes? That is a fair question.

Third paragraph:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4956
Its not in the manual just drop it.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:56 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post
Its not in the manual just drop it.
Then a certain someone needs to admit it instead of placing the blame on Blade. They need to say they just plain made it up to fit their so-called argument, especially since this certain someone has also claimed they "back their opinion up with information". I can link that post, too.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:58 PM
Joined Aug 2012
412 Posts
I saw the post and don't care. lol. It was posted by blade employee's. even if it wasn't I still don't care if mines flying fine I dont care.