SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:55 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
There are other simple things that can cause the tail to vibrate. Like not having the set collar on the tail shaft tight up against the bearing. I have boca bearings and mine was starting to vibrate again. I found that the collar needed to be adjusted and the vibes went away again.
Did the collar actually slip? Sound like you might have a D gear about to let go if/when the shoulder at the end of the D flat pushes all the way through the gear. That would also cause the collar to move to the left, as viewed from the rear.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:00 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
Did the collar actually slip? Sound like you might have a D gear about to let go if/when the shoulder at the end of the D flat pushes all the way through the gear. That would also cause the collar to move to the left, as viewed from the rear.
True. I think the screws were loose, but I did change the C and D gears anyway.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:04 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigs dont fly
I think the 'resonance is ok' message, was from this post, which appeared over on HF.
That's funny because another Blade heli designer (who shall remain nameless because I don't want to get him in trouble) straight up admitted that the defective tail shafts/hubs were a problem when asked on a certain social media website. Yes, he said "problem"...not "issue", "minor annoyance", etc...

And, that HF post is way old. We all know a lot more about this heli now and that was posted right after it came out months ago. Seriously, who in their right mind would actually suggest that a non-square shaft/hub turning at 20K+ RPM is "okay"?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:18 PM
Joined Aug 2012
413 Posts
That post doesn't mention anything about a defective tail shaft/hub

What is this issue? ( I don't know thats why i'm asking )
KTMDirtFace is offline Find More Posts by KTMDirtFace
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post

The tail shafts are just pressed into the hub. No grub/set screws like what's used on larger helis. A lot of these hubs are not 90 degrees to the shaft because they were not drilled correctly, which sets up a vibration disaster at those high RPMs. Imagine your entire tail turning in a corkscrew fashion instead of spinning true about the central shaft axis. This causes tracking issues with the tail blades that can easily be seen from the rear. Instead of spinning in a perfect vertical plane, you can actually see "blade separation" between the tips.

That post didn't say anything about the specific part because it may have not even been known and isolated yet. It just talks about vibrations in general, which encompasses many things. Like I said, we all know a lot more about this heli from when it was released and that post was made by James Haley.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:30 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
Quote:

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....ght=tail+shaft
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:55 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
Quote:
Still waiting for that "shakes are normal" type quote from the manual...
I'm not going to go back and forth with you AGAIN and watch you destroy your own image and get banned again. I posted my opinion and I backed it up with information, and that's all I'm going to do, other than GO FLY MY 130X instead of dicking around with it all year!
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
I'm not going to go back and forth with you AGAIN and watch you destroy your own image and get banned again. I posted my opinion and I backed it up with information, and that's all I'm going to do, other than GO FLY MY 130X instead of dicking around with it all year!
You flat out claimed that Blade said right in the dang (edited) manual that it "shakes" and to not "worry about it". Back it up or admit you were simply wrong and/or lied. All you have to do is provide a page number. And knock it off with the baseless accusations.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4956
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:15 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
If you are waiting for the "perfect" heli out of the box, you will have a long wait. With just a few mods, this heli is close to perfect IMHO.
Lmao I'm not waiting for a perfect Heli my friend lol, because there already out there called multirotors lmao! I don't think you understood what I was trying to say so I'll make it shorter and to the point. HH is selling cheap crap with problems for an expensive cost, and won't fix it. They expect everyone to deal with the faulty product and spend more money to actually make it work. I'm not sure about you but I'm not spending $270 on something that flies just ok and has really bad vibes. I also don't fly helis much anymore bc there just a money pit. I'll keep my v120d02s but that's probably the last Heli I'll have for the next few years.
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:34 PM
Joined Aug 2012
413 Posts
Thanks for the links on the tail gear/hub deal.

Mine must be ok as it flys better than both my MCPX and my 450. takes off perfect does exactly what I want it to, hovers crazy stable. I didn't notice anything while flying...so I'm just going to fly the piss out of it.

Now I just need more batteries I only have 2 flights because I just have the one battery! its not cutting it. ( Got a couple nano-techs from hobbyking on the way )
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:39 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the links on the tail gear/hub deal.

Mine must be ok as it flys better than both my MCPX and my 450. takes off perfect does exactly what I want it to, hovers crazy stable. I didn't notice anything while flying...so I'm just going to fly the piss out of it.

Now I just need more batteries I only have 2 flights because I just have the one battery! its not cutting it. ( Got a couple nano-techs from hobbyking on the way )
It really is a fun little heli. Best ultra micro I've ever had. It's great if you get a good one from the start. It's also great even if you have to put a little tinker time into it. This is a hobby after all. People act like it's too hard to simply change out a shaft (free from Horizon) or bearings or something else minor because they just "wanna fly!" and not accept proper maintenance responsibility. I can completely strip and rebuild the entire tail in just a few minutes. It's easy folks. Absolutely no excuse for not having your heli running as smoothly as possible, especially a great flying little firecracker like this one.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:52 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,398 Posts
I like to let mine cool down between flights, so I only have the stock battery and a Lectron 450mAh that can be charged at 6C. I charge the stock one at 3C (900mA) and the Lectron at 4C (1800mA) They charge in about 8 minutes, so 2 is good enough for me.
The elevator servo is so close to the main motor that it gets a lot of the heat from that. I've already had to replace the elevator servo after only about 30 flights. I hope letting it cool a little more between flights helps this out. I need to get cooling fins or an HP08 motor to fly batteries back to back.
Garry K.
garryk is online now Find More Posts by garryk
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:57 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,746 Posts
Quote:
You flat out claimed that Blade said right in the dang (edited) manual that it "shakes" and to not "worry about it". Back it up or admit you were simply wrong and/or lied. All you have to do is provide a page number. And knock it off with the baseless accusations.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4956
Baseless accusations ? seriously? really ? {{ Jasmine is 100% accurate }} lmao @ skidder87, sertav, kokopelli, Mhunter, sviking, Helly-belly ect . Your calling card is very easy.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Oct 17, 2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:59 PM
Joined Aug 2012
413 Posts
I have been flying with a couple friends so its usually I warm up on the MCPX, somone flys a 450.. I fly the 130x once.... then I fly my 450.

So there is lots of time between but I just have the one battery so i get one flight per outing

That leads me to a question, I have a dynamite passport ultra charger is there an adapter of some sort to charge these batteries with it? I do not want to paralell charge..just a one lead deal. I could at least charge it off my truck battery and get an extra 130x flight in when I go out.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
I like to let mine cool down between flights, so I only have the stock battery and a Lectron 450mAh that can be charged at 6C. I charge the stock one at 3C (900mA) and the Lectron at 4C (1800mA) They charge in about 8 minutes, so 2 is good enough for me.
The elevator servo is so close to the main motor that it gets a lot of the heat from that. I've already had to replace the elevator servo after only about 30 flights. I hope letting it cool a little more between flights helps this out. I need to get cooling fins or an HP08 motor to fly batteries back to back.
Garry K.
Interesting, that's the first time I've ever heard of heat from the motor actually killing a servo. Are you sure that's what did it?