SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:47 AM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
I don't fly helis much anymore as I fly multis and planes Fpv allot now but occasionally I take out my v120do02s and fly a lil 3D in my yard. It has an upgraded motor and still doesn't seem as powerful as I wanted. I have been flying spectrum radio since I started in this hobby and I've been flying mostly HH planes and helis. What I've noticed is that HH builds poor quality stuff for the mass's. All of my eflite helis I'd have to upgrade like crazy to get to fly great. Reading about this Heli having a problem that there not addressing just reminds me more of why I'm selling all of HH crap. This problem is the exact same as the parkzone extra 300 wing airfoil being messed up and them not fixing it. I bought my dx7s new for $300 and then a cpl weeks later I needed a radio that could have interchangeable modules bc I use dragon link, and 2.4ghz. So I bought a hitec aroura9 for $300 brand new and wow that was the final straw for me bc the aurora9 is 10x better than the dx7s and it's the same price. The with the hitec I feel like I have a $500 remote it's very high quality where my spectrum just feels mediocre and worth maybe $200. To me HH sells mostly crap that's overpriced. Atleast walkera sells decent stuff for a decent price. Idk Its been a while since I've bought any HH stuff but I see that there quality problem still exists. I've had 3 brand new rx's not work from them and it's another quality control issue bc they don't work. I'm not here to bash HH bc they have actually had 4 things that I liked my 1st Heli the mcx, the beast biplane v1, the parkzone radian pro, and parkzone vapor. But the msr, blade sr, parkzone extra 300, dx7s, and there rx's are garbage atleast that's my opinion. If this Heli ever becomes pnp and the tail issue fixed I'd probably buy it but since I know they can't make it so I could fly on a hitec or Devo 7 I won't.
If you are waiting for the "perfect" heli out of the box, you will have a long wait. With just a few mods, this heli is close to perfect IMHO.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:07 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
If you are waiting for the "perfect" heli out of the box, you will have a long wait. With just a few mods, this heli is close to perfect IMHO.
Granted but why do we so easily accept something with issues? I expect a bit more for $279.00 and so do my customers. Maybe my ( and their) expectations are higher considering this a "name brand" product

When you talk to customer support and they explain that the problem is " a trait of this helicopter" that's just wrong.
For one second put yourself in the place of the retailer. I'm supposed to tell a customer that? They won't go for it.

Not every heli guy likes to do a mod on new products to get it to preform as advertised.

Mike
mike2663 is offline Find More Posts by mike2663
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:58 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,464 Posts
I haven't heard anyone say that a new tail rotor shaft alone cured the spool up vibration completely. I would like to hear from those who have changed the tail rotor shaft and it completely cured the spool up vibration.
J_skaggs is online now Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:39 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cply View Post
Is this a good heli for someone moving from a v911 and later a 250 (just sport flyign the 250 so want to try some 3d on something smaller first).

Does it work well out of the box ? i only used the standard rtf transmitters so far on helis so i was wondering if i buy this and a dx6 if it would be too hard to get going, although i think i've read somewhere the manual comes with settings for d6xi and other transmitters which should allow me to get going.

Was thinking this one or the walkera mini cp or the mcpx.

Thanks in advance.
I would think the only choice for duarability and real life sim would be the nano. You will learn a lot more in a much shorter time with the nano...then get a 130x and it will feel like slow motion.
I have had a few of each of the 130x, minicp and the mcpx and they just dont compare to the nano for out of the box 3d and overall tuffness
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:09 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2663 View Post
Granted but why do we so easily accept something with issues?
Some of us don't have any problems with it. Mass production always results in a certain percentage of bad units - reading the internet always makes you think that percentage is pretty high. However, the people I know in person who are flying the 130X have had zero problems with it, except when we crashed it. The hobby shop also says he's not getting any complaints or returns. Mine does the shaking thing when it starts up, but it's not a problem - the thing flies fine.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:20 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Some of us don't have any problems with it. Mass production always results in a certain percentage of bad units - reading the internet always makes you think that percentage is pretty high. However, the people I know in person who are flying the 130X have had zero problems with it, except when we crashed it. The hobby shop also says he's not getting any complaints or returns. Mine does the shaking thing when it starts up, but it's not a problem - the thing flies fine.
Yup... lots sold in my area too. My LHS shares his troubles with me, so he'd tell me if the 130x has been a problem. So far so good.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:22 PM
Joined Mar 2012
68 Posts
Ok thanks, will get the nano cpx first : ), and a d6xi
cply is offline Find More Posts by cply
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:52 PM
Joined Aug 2012
413 Posts
Quote:
I was wondering about this, is the vibes really a problem? If I had not read all these threads on the internet and videos...I would have had no idea it even vibbed you have to sit there and monkey with the throttle and hold it in a certain RPM range for it to happen.

I don't know what i'm talking about ...new to heli's new to the 130x. Just curious what the big deal with the tail vibing on spoolup is? if I take off normally and don't try to make it get stuck in the vibe I don't notice it and the tail held perfect no wag...etc.

Anyway mine only has 2 flights perfect flights the thing flew dead awesome out of the box for me.. I did put a piece of tape on one tail blade to minimize the vib but I don't really know why I did that other than getting worried from reading all the omg worst tail ever stories.
KTMDirtFace is offline Find More Posts by KTMDirtFace
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:56 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Maybe they are better now, but many of the earlier 130 X helis had some serious tail vibes. Both of mine did and it took replacing the flange bearings, tail shaft/hub and balancing the blades to cure it.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:06 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post
I was wondering about this, is the vibes really a problem? If I had not read all these threads on the internet and videos...I would have had no idea it even vibbed you have to sit there and monkey with the throttle and hold it in a certain RPM range for it to happen.

I don't know what i'm talking about ...new to heli's new to the 130x. Just curious what the big deal with the tail vibing on spoolup is? if I take off normally and don't try to make it get stuck in the vibe I don't notice it and the tail held perfect no wag...etc.
The big deal is that the vibration is still there at all RPMs, it just isn't shaking the hell out of the tail because it's not at the resonating frequency. It is still vibrating more than we'd like though, and that is probably doing damage to the bearings and other parts.

Resonance is an interesting phenomenon... it's what causes the glass to break when the singer hits the right note.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resonance

This is what happens when resonance gets out of control...
Tacoma Bridge (4 min 13 sec)
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
The big deal is that the vibration is still there at all RPMs, it just isn't shaking the hell out of the tail because it's not at the resonating frequency. It is still vibrating more than we'd like though, and that is probably doing damage to the bearings and other parts.
Per your earlier claim of them flying "just fine", I don't consider a heli trying to vibe itself to bits "just fine".
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:14 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
Per your earlier claim of them flying "just fine", I don't consider a heli trying to vibe itself to bits "just fine".
It is shaking, while flying just fine. The helicopter behaves like it should. When you put a control input, it does what you expect, and that is what I call correct behavior. As I noted in my review "it doesn't have any bad behaviors" and I mean that. Vibrations are present on all helicopters, that is just a fact of nature - this one does not cause any wrong flying behaviors, but it could potentially increase wear.

Do you really want to go down this road again?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Well, if the video below is "normal and acceptable" to you then you are much less discerning than I am. And, that's not even a really bad case of "out of the box" tail vibes. Mine was much worse. It will have "bad behaviors" when the tail servo and/or AS3X craps out and it will because of those vibes eventually. You said it yourself regarding the vibes still being there even though you can't see it off the resonant frequency.

Blade 130x tail vibration problems (0 min 44 sec)
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:21 PM
Joined Aug 2012
413 Posts
Lol thanks. I understand the resonance. I guess my tape one one blade will do. I have a feeling I will crash and break the thing well before it "vibes itself to death"

PS Mine does the above in the video...but its at a very low rpm range that I had to fiddle with in my hand to even notice it.. it never does that while its flying or taking off.

I'm just going to fly it until it stops flying great and deal with it then
KTMDirtFace is offline Find More Posts by KTMDirtFace
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:26 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post
Lol thanks. I understand the resonance. I guess my tape one one blade will do. I have a feeling I will crash and break the thing well before it "vibes itself to death"

PS Mine does the above in the video...but its at a very low rpm range that I had to fiddle with in my hand to even notice it.. it never does that while its flying or taking off.
Yes, it does do it in flight. You just can't see/hear it. Trust me, it's chewing your bearings to death and you will have problems down the road if it isn't addressed. This heli is also known for tossing tail blades/grips because of those same vibes. Lots of tail rotor servos have bit the dust for the same reason, too. Gears falling off, broken motor wires, etc.

But, hey, if some people want to fly a sub-standard heli when they know it can easily be made better, smoother, more reliable...so be it... They are no better than Horizon saying to "just ignore it".