HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:12 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,237 Posts
I had the same thing happen after about 30 flights. I think the elevator servo works harder than the others because it has more mass in general to get moving. The other two share the load. The other thing to think about is that it's closer to the heat of the motor. Is there a fix for this? not that I've heard of, and since I just thought of it, I'll have to look into it more.
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:14 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Check the back of the elevator servo for any signs of rubb
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:16 PM
Berkeley, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,895 Posts
There's good clearance of the A gear to my elevator servo, the motor has heat sink installed.
estarter is offline Find More Posts by estarter
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:14 AM
United States, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Aug 2012
175 Posts
I am sure it has been posted here the tape method to balance the tail rotors. Just got my 130 and it had. The typical vibration. I used tape to find the heavy blade but I could not get it perfect. A few strokes of a knife on the trailing edge of the heavy blade and it is nice and smooth..
fooferdoggie is online now Find More Posts by fooferdoggie
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:59 AM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,490 Posts
Wow, I have been flying the nano the past couple weeks and flew my 130 again this morning. This is one sweet flying heli. Felt like a 450 compared to the nano. The nano flies good. But the 130 is great, like on rails. I think at this point if I had to get get rid of all my helis but one, it would be the 130x. It has the best combination of durability, affordability, and fly-ability. I do have a Trex 700, 600 and 500. I just don't fly them much anymore. I can fly these little ones at the local park.
jhroof is online now Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:10 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
Wow, I have been flying the nano the past couple weeks and flew my 130 again this morning. This is one sweet flying heli. Felt like a 450 compared to the nano. The nano flies good. But the 130 is great, like on rails. I think at this point if I had to get get rid of all my helis but one, it would be the 130x. It has the best combination of durability, affordability, and fly-ability. I do have a Trex 700, 600 and 500. I just don't fly them much anymore. I can fly these little ones at the local park.
Same feelings here. I haven't flown my larger birds much at all since getting the 130 X. Once it's dialed in, she's one sweet flying heli that can pretty much do it all pretty much anywhere. Flies much bigger than it really is!
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:31 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,237 Posts
I'm selling my 450 trex flybarless, 250 trex clone, brushless mcpx, and staying with the 130X and getting a Nano cpX. I believe that's the only ones I need. Then brushless McpX was the closest to flying like the 130X, but not as stable with the motor driven tail.
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:12 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
I'm selling my 450 trex flybarless, 250 trex clone, brushless mcpx, and staying with the 130X and getting a Nano cpX. I believe that's the only ones I need. Then brushless McpX was the closest to flying like the 130X, but not as stable with the motor driven tail.
Garry K.
You be happy with that combination. I have two Nanos and a 130X and my buddy has been trying to get me to buy a 450-500 and I won't do it. He loves flying my 130x but I like watching his fly his T-500 but that bird is too intimidating for me to try at the moment.
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:24 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
Garry K.
Personally, I'd keep the 450 and larger, if applicable. Just maybe cut the number of helis down if you have multiples in those sizes. The 130 X is great, but it will still always be much more affected by wind than larger/heavier helis.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:26 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1 Posts
Had my first flight with the 130 today. Read the entire thread and checked every little aspect mentioned 10 times. I have to mention that I am a novice. I have done about 20 or so hours on Sim. Built my first Heli fom scratch (Mini titan E325). Then got myself a MCPx. Done Bout 10 flight on that without disaster.

So today was the day for the 130. As it statred spooling up it suddenly just toppled over. I was quick on the thottle hold but the drive gear for the tail got nicked. I didnt have the spares with me so I hobby knifed the gear and let it rip again.

Second atempt was much better. I lifted straight off and didnt waist ant time. Flew like a charm, even with the slight damage to the drive gear. Managed to do my first forward and backwards flip with a heli. Needless to say I am super stocked.

This is a great little heli. Gives me the confidence I needed to fly the bigger helis. Just started building an Align E550.
Atkinse is offline Find More Posts by Atkinse
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:14 PM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Wonder when RKH or MH is going to come out with one of these for this baby!

This is a tail pitch control lever for a Walkera 120 heli...COME ON MH & RKH!!!
Let's see 'em for the 130X! Along with a CF/Aluminium frame.

They have ALL of it for the mCPx...let's see the ultimate accessory package for the 130X! ALL aluminum/CF...that would be cool, AND rock solid!!!

I want my 130X to look like this!
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:18 PM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkinse View Post
...This is a great little heli. Gives me the confidence I needed to fly the bigger helis. Just started building an Align E550.
WELCOME to the madhouse!!
This is by far my most favorite micro heli!! Now that the tail issue is gone...it flies like a dream!
The nanoCPx of course for inside flying though...
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:34 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKM_Heliman View Post
Wonder when RKH or MH is going to come out with one of these for this baby!

This is a tail pitch control lever for a Walkera 120 heli...COME ON MH & RKH!!!
Let's see 'em for the 130X! Along with a CF/Aluminium frame.
Now, THAT is a part I must have! Already have the RKH pitch slider and tail grips. They perform very well and, most importantly, have stayed tight and slop free much longer than the stock parts. It would be interesting to see how they do the metal/plastic interface for the top part of the arm since the ball link end needs to be plastic or metal with some sort of plastic insert.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:50 PM
United States, CA, Menlo Park
Joined Nov 2005
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
As soon as I flew the 130 X, I realized that I wouldn't be happy flying my other helicopters anymore. I got rid of my mCP X, HK-450, and Century Hummingbird 3D Pro. I only have an Align T-Rex 450SE (flybarred) left.

Bigger is supposed to fly better, but I enjoy flying my 130 X much more than my 450SE. For reasons I don't fully understand, I feel better connected to the 130 X. Also, the fact that smaller is safer has a lot to do with it. I really enjoy flying close and with the 130 X I don't have to worry about sending myself to the emergency room if I make a mistake.
ifoguy is offline Find More Posts by ifoguy
Last edited by ifoguy; Oct 06, 2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:29 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,797 Posts
130x when fly right is a great heli but i wouldnt give up my bigger helis but after my bad experience with my 130x its selling on ebay imma get a nano and sometime later going get a 500. I still keeping my 450
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc