HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:41 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgriffith View Post
I don't think +9 is possible. I don't think the light blinking speed changes. I think the values +/- max out at 5. So if you try more than that, it does nothing but stay at +/- 5.
Thought i read that they go to 10 either way now im really confused lol.
The lights change how there blinking if you keep moving the stick
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:43 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgriffith View Post
I don't think +9 is possible. I don't think the light blinking speed changes. I think the values +/- max out at 5. So if you try more than that, it does nothing but stay at +/- 5.
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=429592
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:44 PM
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
Thought i read that they go to 10 either way now im really confused lol.
The lights change how there blinking if you keep moving the stick
You are correct.

Bob
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:45 PM
Joined Oct 2004
5,818 Posts
Yeah got the gyro manual pulled up it says 20 total 10 in either direction
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:48 PM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
oic...had no idea boca bearings were THAT expensive. Looking at the eflite bearings, then the Walkera bearings, I just thought they were high dollar...
I agree that quality certainly counts with these little helicopters, I just figured the bearings were all made at the same plant and just got packaged differently like so many other items today...
I don't mind paying a little more for quality...IF there really is a difference in the product.
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:43 PM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Hey am I out of line here? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1740329

I would have thought a DX6i, 130x, 5 chargers, 6 batteries and a boatload of parts for $385 would have sold in the first day, it's over $800 retail.
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:50 PM
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post
Hey am I out of line here? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1740329

I would have thought a DX6i, 130x, 5 chargers, 6 batteries and a boatload of parts for $385 would have sold in the first day, it's over $800 retail.
Why?
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,419 Posts
Quote:

The problem is that anyone who's looking for a used 130X and DX6i is going to want to pay way under the market price, and the batteries and parts don't add much to your offer. It's a fair price, but people shopping for used entry-level equipment aren't looking for a fair price, or they would just buy it new. Sell the items separately and you will probably get more money and more interest.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,812 Posts
Quote:
I just figured the bearings were all made at the same plant
All cuts of beef come from the same cow but there sure is a large difference in the price per pound from ground beef to ground chuck, to difference cuts of steak to a roast or chunks of stew beef.

Threre are many grades of ball bearings as well as ones made from many different materials.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:56 PM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
Why?
I figure I can fly a 300 anywhere I can fly my 130 and I want a radio with back lighting.
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:14 PM
Joined Aug 2007
160 Posts
Don't know what radio you have, but there are various ways to get a back lit display on Spektrum radios that don't have them. There are turn key solutions as well as DIY. In one case the cost is ~10 bucks.
ssobol is offline Find More Posts by ssobol
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:22 PM
Joined Oct 2004
5,818 Posts
Quote:
I figure I can fly a 300 anywhere I can fly my 130 and I want a radio with back lighting.
Try ebay! Sounds like a great deal heli n radio. Radio worth 85 at least. Good luck
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:50 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssobol View Post
Don't know what radio you have, but there are various ways to get a back lit display on Spektrum radios that don't have them. There are turn key solutions as well as DIY. In one case the cost is ~10 bucks.
I have one of these. Works great: http://www.aprohobbies.com/transmitt...ight-c-31.html

Heres a thread on it http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=dx7+backlight
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:27 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,481 Posts
Quote:

Nobody wants the stock batteries. Once you get past the batteries there's absolutely no use for the stock chargers. They tell you nothing about voltage, balance numbers and most importantly nothing about how many mAh goes back into the battery. Oh... and they're slow!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:09 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,826 Posts
2 questions

What seems to be the most popular aftermarket battery or batteries???

Also, I was following the thread around the time the 130x was released, and noticed there were many problems with the tail gears in flight as well as on mild crashes.

Has there been a fix on this issue? I noticed that Horizon just released a bunch of hop-ups, none of which are tougher tail gears.

Thanks guys.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123