SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:48 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKM_Heliman View Post
I took the hub off last night (took an old pair of slip joint pliers, my dremel tool with a cutoff wheel, and tiny drill bit and made a 'puller' and wouldn't you know it...IT WORKED!!), 'enlarged' the hole a tiny bit, and put it back on with CA and let it sit till lunch today. Put it all back together and turned the rotor by hand. The tail rotors are perfectly lined up now. Spun it up and it still has that sound that I don't like till about 3/4 stick, but the vibe is gone. I'll put in the new bearings and gears and see if the noise goes away. Flew a battery through 'er and it flies like the first flight! YAY! Just got the parts in from HH too, so I need to put it all back to factory new tonight!!

On another note...If I install the RKH aluminium tail pitch slider and the RKH aluminium tail gear case set to this thing, is that going to put too much extra weight on the tail and throw off the CG too much? The difference between both aluminium parts and stock is only .5 grams...I wouldn't think that would be a big issue for this helicopter...
Nice work on the hub. I am flying the MH tail and slider and the COG is perfect since I am using the Hyperion 500mah packs. I also tested the stock packs and the heli flies great either way.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:52 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,816 Posts
Most say its nose heavy so some tail weight be fine.
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:50 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,253 Posts
It is nose heavy.
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:17 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
I

On another note...If I install the RKH aluminium tail pitch slider and the RKH aluminium tail gear case set to this thing, is that going to put too much extra weight on the tail and throw off the CG too much? The difference between both aluminium parts and stock is only .5 grams...I wouldn't think that would be a big issue for this helicopter...
No, I have that plus the RKH tail grips.
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:31 PM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
It is nose heavy.
Garry K.
It is nose heavy. But, with the HP08S motor, you can slide the battery up the tray and get the COG correct. I have a layer of velcro on the tray to make sure the battery clears the spinning motor bell.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:21 PM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Nice work on the hub. I am flying the MH tail and slider and the COG is perfect since I am using the Hyperion 500mah packs. I also tested the stock packs and the heli flies great either way.
Thanks...I couldn't believe my make shift 'puller' actually worked! I will order a real one though...

where do you get those Hyperion 500mah packs, and how much are they???

Guess I need to order those RKH parts now...
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:29 PM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Thanks...I couldn't believe my make shift 'puller' actually worked! I will order a real one though...

where do you get those Hyperion 500mah packs, and how much are they???

Guess I need to order those RKH parts now...
You are welcome. IMO Hyperions are superior to the stock lipos in every way and they really wake up the heli both stock and HP08s version. Power and flight times are really good.

I got 2 from here: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...faZf2RUKRzKp-g

and the other 2 from here: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...r6WhPrVCbINYFA

Unfortunately, it appears everyone is out of stock. Bummer.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:42 PM
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2008
59 Posts
Need tail bearings

Where do you go to get good bearings for the tail? Thanks,
Allen
Sun flyer is offline Find More Posts by Sun flyer
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:54 PM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun flyer View Post
Where do you go to get good bearings for the tail? Thanks,
Allen
I know this is going to sound weird but...Walkera bearings from the V120 are actually an upgrade for this heli.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:00 PM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Mar 2011
883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
I know this is going to sound weird but...Walkera bearings from the V120 are actually an upgrade for this heli.
+1. I put them on mine, balanced the blades and it's smooth as buddah
asosestrom is offline Find More Posts by asosestrom
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:26 PM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Those Walkera bearings are $10

Anyone try the tail rotor shaft from the Walkera V120 helicopters on the 130X?

Looks the same, but I don't wanna buy one if it doesn't fit, and I'm not familiar with Walkera cross fit stuff......
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:49 PM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:

Anyone try the tail rotor shaft from the Walkera V120 helicopters on the 130X?

Looks the same, but I don't wanna buy one if it doesn't fit, and I'm not familiar with Walkera cross fit stuff......
The real issue is that the Walkera D gear is on the opposite side of the tail box. Which means you either have to continue the flat cut up the shaft to the perfect spot or mount the A gear under the B gear to get the tail to rotate the correct direction.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:58 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Is that a lot or something? The very best Boca bearings are $25 + shipping per set.

Better bearings are worth it because a smooth tail is a major component in a smooth and reliably running 130 X over the long term.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:29 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,816 Posts
Just installed a Rakon pitch slider on mine along with the boco bearings and i can spool up nice and slow and there no vibrations at all sounds so nice. I did have to up my gyro gains if i did it right should be at +9. The lights suppose flash faster higher u go. What if you keep going right does it just start back at zero or mid?
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:38 PM
United States, FL, Oviedo
Joined Apr 2011
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
...I did have to up my gyro gains if i did it right should be at +9. The lights suppose flash faster higher u go. What if you keep going right does it just start back at zero or mid?
I don't think +9 is possible. I don't think the light blinking speed changes. I think the values +/- max out at 5. So if you try more than that, it does nothing but stay at +/- 5.
cgriffith is offline Find More Posts by cgriffith