HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:33 PM
United States, CA, Menlo Park
Joined Nov 2005
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
Just got home with my new 130x!!!! The V911 is getting old. Can someone point me to the tame-down settings for my 6xi? Any thing I should check before the first flight?
You should look at the first post of this thread for things to check.
ifoguy is offline Find More Posts by ifoguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:33 PM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Make sure the tail shaft hub is square before you spool it up!
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:00 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
Just got home with my new 130x!!!! The V911 is getting old. Can someone point me to the tame-down settings for my 6xi? Any thing I should check before the first flight?
Dont take it out of the box, get in ur car drive back to store and exchange it for 2 nanos it be much better, sitting here for an hour trying put tail gear back on grrrrrr
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:02 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
Dont take it out of the box, get in ur car drive back to store and exchange it for 2 nanos it be much better, sitting here for an hour trying put tail gear back on grrrrrr
The 130 X is a great heli. Not exactly for indoor house flying, but a great flying "yard heli", nonetheless.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:22 PM
Joined Oct 2004
5,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
The 130 X is a great heli. Not exactly for indoor house flying, but a great flying "yard heli", nonetheless.
If your lucky and get a good one it is, its a 50/50 chance if not then pull out the wallet and spend some cash to get it right.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:26 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
If your lucky and get a good one it is, its a 50/50 chance if not then pull out the wallet and spend some cash to get it right.
I had to do some work on the tail with my 130 X. Nothing hard at all and it's still a great flying heli.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:22 AM
United States, CA, Menlo Park
Joined Nov 2005
401 Posts
Quote:
I love my 130X. Of the half dozen R/C helicopter's I've owned, the 130X is my favorite because of how well it flies.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3053

From what I've read so far, I'm not tempted by the nano CP X. Although a great improvement over the mCP X, people report that the nano CP X will still blow out it's tail when pressed hard. This limitation is characteristic of fixed pitch tail rotors driven by a motor in the tail.

In contrast, the 130X has a variable pitch tail rotor and, once properly set up, does not blow out no matter how hard I push it (and I push it very hard). However, variable pitch tails are mechanically more complex. They take a bit more mechanical aptitude to set up and are typically not as durable as motor tails. The 130X is the right choice for me because 1) I'm interested in flying primarily 3D 2) I've been flying for 6 years and I don't crash often, and 3) I've built most of my helicopters from kits so I know how to set up them up and troubleshoot problems.

However, if you're a beginner and durability is your chief concern, you should look at the video of a nano CP X in the following post:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=330

The pilot crashes a dozen times per battery pack into concrete, and he just picks it up and continues to fly. I've never crashed a 130X anywhere near that much, but I doubt a 130X can take that much abuse without needing serious repair.
ifoguy is offline Find More Posts by ifoguy
Last edited by ifoguy; Sep 26, 2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:10 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
I disagree. It's a great heli. My 130X is approaching 180 flights and has flown great from day one. All I have had to replace is four sets of tail gears and a tail boom due to crashes. I did install the metal A gear after wearing out the plastic A gear.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:15 AM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
How to install Blade 130X D gear in 1:16 (minutes not hours) (2 min 26 sec)
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:33 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
I disagree. It's a great heli. My 130X is approaching 180 flights and has flown great from day one. All I have had to replace is four sets of tail gears and a tail boom due to crashes. I did install the metal A gear after wearing out the plastic A gear.
+1 on that plus I really love the Nano also. It can take the punishment (Nano) and keep on flying. A great live sim.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:51 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc

Quote:
epowered knows how great a 130 X can fly ,he has flown mine 6 or 8 times and has seen me fly it perhaps 50 flights. If his flew as well as mine he would be happier but that is not the case. His is more random in the tail blowing out than most are ,does not appear to be gears ,perhaps it is a board issue or a tail servo or just the heli gremlins messing with it.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Sep 26, 2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:30 AM
Joined Oct 2004
5,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post
Wow he made that look so easy i was having issue getting c gear to mesh with d gear
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:38 AM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
130x Telemetry

Very interesting thread on HF. I see other people are having range problems too.
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=436967
jhroof is online now Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:50 PM
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Question...
Would 'sealed' bearings in the tail be better than open bearings
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:21 PM
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
I took the hub off last night (took an old pair of slip joint pliers, my dremel tool with a cutoff wheel, and tiny drill bit and made a 'puller' and wouldn't you know it...IT WORKED!!), 'enlarged' the hole a tiny bit, and put it back on with CA and let it sit till lunch today. Put it all back together and turned the rotor by hand. The tail rotors are perfectly lined up now. Spun it up and it still has that sound that I don't like till about 3/4 stick, but the vibe is gone. I'll put in the new bearings and gears and see if the noise goes away. Flew a battery through 'er and it flies like the first flight! YAY! Just got the parts in from HH too, so I need to put it all back to factory new tonight!!

On another note...If I install the RKH aluminium tail pitch slider and the RKH aluminium tail gear case set to this thing, is that going to put too much extra weight on the tail and throw off the CG too much? The difference between both aluminium parts and stock is only .5 grams...I wouldn't think that would be a big issue for this helicopter...