HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:23 PM
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
246 Posts
imagine how many of us telling here about the tail vibration issue and i can figured out that the turque tube is the main issue here cause its flimssy thats why they recommend to quickly push the throulte in halfway cause of this as i always doing mine doesn't have any vibes issue while hovering in the air, what i did is swash grommet mode,i ca the C gear,i added a bearings on it side from( a main grip blade bearings of mcpx)on the tail case,( must ca the othe next to tail slider) i put also a half grommet canopy of the mcpx of the tail servo linkage and also the tail slider linkage. i flew my 130X in stock since i bought and 37 fligth on it without issue.
rynldgalano is offline Find More Posts by rynldgalano
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:41 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
For those of you who are considering the Microheli "upgraded" tail shaft and grips...save your money. I got 2 in the mail yesterday and installed them after installing the metal tail box. The first attempt went like this. Completed installation and on the first spool up there was the trademark huge vibration but before I could spool down the vib caused the tail shaft to bend!!! What a piece.. Then I installed the second one and was very careful about the RPM's to catch the vib early and balance the tail blades before blowing the shaft out again. I got it balanced to where there was no vib up to 40% throttle (I run 100% at midstick in Nor mode) so I felt it may be okay. So I took all the way to 100% and again the light vibration caused the shaft to blow out.. Unbelievable. So I went through 2 new sets without ever leaving the ground.. Are you kidding me???

I reinstalled the stock tail shaft and grips (they are still the original ones from day one). Balanced the blades and all is well again. Should have know by now...If it broke, don't fix it.
Yep.. I made the same mistake.. Lasted 1/4 of a flight.. threw a blade and shaft bent.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:03 PM
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
Yep.. I made the same mistake.. Lasted 1/4 of a flight.. threw a blade and shaft bent.
damme MH i am planning to order also the tail slider and allu swash and its its good to know that there quality is not reliable thou.
rynldgalano is offline Find More Posts by rynldgalano
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:56 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynldgalano View Post
damme MH i am planning to order also the tail slider and allu swash and its its good to know that there quality is not reliable thou.
Forgeg bout MH go with Rakon, not heard any bad reports. I plan to. Just changed out my tail bearings will see if anything changes
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:58 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
I have the tail slider and bearings and they are good. But I got them before the rakon stuff was available.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 05:08 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
I kept the slider, swash and tail box and those seem to be pretty good. Just took her out for some mild 3D and everything was pretty solid even doing a couple of tic-tocs on my HP08S version.

BTW, if you do use the metal tail box, make sure you loctite everything. Especially the tiny screw that holds the pin for the tail pitch control lever. It will work its way out if that tiny screw is not secured.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Sep 25, 2012, 05:17 PM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good quality, micro pinion puller, and the best place to get one? I'd really like one that has the ability to accept different shaft diameters so I can have one puller, and use it on different motors. I've seen them from $10-$50, but I don't know which one is good quality...I want to pull the hub off this tail shaft and drill it out a tiny bit and glue it back on...SQUARE, so I can fly this darn thing!!

Meanwhile...I'm enjoying my nanoCpx!!!

Here's one...is it any good??

http://www.amazon.com/Gear-Puller-Se...ref=pd_sim_t_4

Or this one...http://www.amazon.com/E-Flite-Gear-P...ref=pd_sim_t_1

Thanks!
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Old Sep 25, 2012, 05:30 PM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKM_Heliman View Post
Can anyone recommend a good quality, micro pinion puller, and the best place to get one? I'd really like one that has the ability to accept different shaft diameters so I can have one puller, and use it on different motors. I've seen them from $10-$50, but I don't know which one is good quality...I want to pull the hub off this tail shaft and drill it out a tiny bit and glue it back on...SQUARE, so I can fly this darn thing!!

Meanwhile...I'm enjoying my nanoCpx!!!

Here's one...is it any good??

http://www.amazon.com/Gear-Puller-Se...ref=pd_sim_t_4

Or this one...http://www.amazon.com/E-Flite-Gear-P...ref=pd_sim_t_1

Thanks!
I have the E-flite one and it serves the purpose. However, the 1mm pin on mine has snapped (luck I bought 2 of them at the time) due to so much use on motor pinions.

The other one does not have a pusher pin small enough to do work on these micro helis. I have on of those as well and I had to grind down the 2mm to 1mm to be useful.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 05:32 PM
UK
Joined Sep 2009
167 Posts
New MiniAviation batteyr for 130x

Hi All,

Our new battery for the 130X is due in stock in the next couple of days.

This is the most powerful MiniAviation.com battery to date.

richardbarnett is offline Find More Posts by richardbarnett
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:07 PM
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbarnett View Post
Hi All,

Our new battery for the 130X is due in stock in the next couple of days.

This is the most powerful MiniAviation.com battery to date.

Those look GOOD!!! How much $???
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:10 PM
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
I have the E-flite one and it serves the purpose. However, the 1mm pin on mine has snapped (luck I bought 2 of them at the time) due to so much use on motor pinions.

The other one does not have a pusher pin small enough to do work on these micro helis. I have on of those as well and I had to grind down the 2mm to 1mm to be useful.
Anyone have this one from Walkera?

Is it any good? How does the 1mm shaft hold up? Thanks!!
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:27 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
I kept the slider, swash and tail box and those seem to be pretty good. Just took her out for some mild 3D and everything was pretty solid even doing a couple of tic-tocs on my HP08S version.

BTW, if you do use the metal tail box, make sure you loctite everything. Especially the tiny screw that holds the pin for the tail pitch control lever. It will work its way out if that tiny screw is not secured.
I destroyed a bunch of stock parts by putting loctitie on the screws. it made the plastic crumble apart.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:38 PM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
I destroyed a bunch of stock parts by putting loctitie on the screws. it made the plastic crumble apart.
That will happen if you get in on the plastic. I'm referring to the all metal MH tail box. There is no plastic on it.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:03 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,818 Posts
Do you still have to use the stock plastic lever arm on new aluminum pitch slider and tail case?
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:05 PM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,073 Posts
Just got home with my new 130x!!!! The V911 is getting old. Can someone point me to the tame-down settings for my 6xi? Any thing I should check before the first flight?
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie